made a lot of money, now what to spend it on ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

XbSuper

I own every house and have about 150k, I don't even bother picking up items to sell cuz I know I'll never spend it all. Oh and I also have 50+ grand soul gems with grand souls, and over 100 each of greater and common.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
have 10k now, aold all armour weapons and got rid of horse now what shall i get to complete my character ! a list please?

CHEESE_for_Everyone_by_misaokat.jpg

cmp007

The easiest way to make money is invest in the riverwood trader he will have $10750 at a time. Make fortify health potions (giants toe, wheat, creep cluster/river betty) and if your maxed out in alchemy and have +100 on gear there worth 4800. I just fast travel to every giant area and kil them all and get 10-20 giant toes. I just did that and made 20 of those potions and cashed them all in.Ive bought all houses except the windhelm one and still have like 250k in the bank right now.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
How on earth do you lot get all this money? Must you sell everything of value you obtain? I'm never at more than 10 or 15000.

Fellinio

How on earth do you lot get all this money? Must you sell everything of value you obtain? I'm never at more than 10 or 15000.

I saved all my money to get the 100k achievement, but having done that and buying a few houses I still have over 100k. I don't even pick up weapons and armour anymore (unless I want to display them in my houses). The vendors don't have enough money to sell all the unwanted gear I already have!

^^ I keep weapons and other gear for selling at my home and sell it to my wife when she has soul gems for me to buy and I get the money back and move the loot in that way.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
This may sound like a random number I pulled out of my ass, but I ain't lying. I just checked and I have 683332 gold. Yes, almost seven hundred thousand, and I'm at level 44. I have no idea how I've gotten this rich when I haven't even taken any speech perks to invest in merchants or what have you. I think it has happened over time thanks to my meticulate looting and crafting & selling expensive jewelry, enchanted items and potions.

I have every house fully upgraded, so the only thing left for me to buy would be enchanted jewelry (though I can make better ones myself), potions, alchemy ingredients etc. There is no point in buying armor or weapons because my custom-made ones are superior to anything found in the stores. Of course I could buy horses, but I've found them less useful in Skyrim than they were in Oblivion.

I really wish Skyrim had some sort of luxury items or assets for the gold-hoarding players that would cost 100k or more.

cmp007

If you cant find people with enough money invest in the riverwood trader. He has over 10k in gold. And once you do all the thieves guild the girl there has 4 grand and every person you have a friendship with through the quest line (the caravans, guy at the other meadery) have 4k also

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
There is. You make your own

Ah, but we're supposed to be finding ways to spend our gold.

How about:

Always choose the Bribe option in dialogues.
Never make your own if you can purchase it. (Especially in regard to potions of Ultimate Health, Magicka and Stamina since you can't make these)
Actually give the thief your money instead of attacking/smooth talking your way out of it. (Might want to keep a cash reserve at home)
Go on a killing spree, rack up a huge bounty in every hold, then go around paying it off.

Oblo

#swag
Do they have 14 year old Columbian hookers in this game? I think you could use some 14 year old Columbian hookers. They're good for your HP.

cmp007

Hahaa! Smacking my forehead here... until recently I've been playing in the dark but just got Prima's guide. Yes, I will look up the enchanting buff recipe and be well stocked and self-sufficient. Thanks!

Google works wonders for that haha. Or if you have an iphone download "skyrim:alchemy" Its a sweet app and you can either put in ingredients you have to see what it makes or you can pick what potion you want to make and it tells you how to make it.

Google works wonders for that haha. Or if you have an iphone download "skyrim:alchemy" Its a sweet app and you can either put in ingredients you have to see what it makes or you can pick what potion you want to make and it tells you how to make it.
Dude, that's fantastic. Thanks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts