Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
DrunkenMage

Wasn't meant for you. I wouldn't waste my time trying to explain complex Logic to the Empire. *Burned Dude* You got *Burned*

Now seriously. It's been fun, I'm outta here. :) Off to Husky channel to watch SGL.

I say, for a group of people who hate the Stormcloaks so much, most of you seem really Charismatic.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
I took AP Psych in High School I am familiar with Schrodinger's Cat. :cool:

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
So you "perceive" the threat to the Dominion...

I believe that perception is a form of intelligence all it's own. Your nose can tell you things your mind could never contemplate.

Although even if Ulfric were to secede and kill the Empire, this would not guarantee Victory because we have turned against our doctrine in doing so, by creating another Empire. (Again, 50% Abs Prob).

The Fight is really between Talos's Empire and The Thalmor. Let the Empire go into the fight as it is and we will go into the fight as we are. Anything else is not of Aldmer Perfection. IF we are truly the rightful rulers of Tamriel and the Master's of man, then it would be wrong for us to seek his assistance by any means, and we would be found out in the end, caught in a web of our own foolish making.

Man needs us, we don't need him. (Smiles coldly at DrunkenMage, a chill fills the room)

Ok, gone for real this time. Final posts are in, have a nice life everyone! :) *Poof*

Rimfaxe96

Well uhm, while I don't understand why someone would want to support a faction whose members clearly lack subtlety and the ability to at least pretend to respect the other cultures so they might not be hated by all of Tamriel at the end of the day...
...I do understand when people get seduced by their awesome voices. Plus they're my favourite villains so far because they spawn and I can let my bad mood out as long as my computer still runs. :coffee:

Therefore, I'll make the best of this post which was probably meant to be provocative?:

With the Thalmor being all like
tumblr_mliu96RCdH1rjhlbvo1_500_zps22626359.gif

And the Emperor accepting the WGC being all like
tumblr_lvpgfpMgzR1r3ovdbo1_500.gif

And the Talos lovers being all like
tumblr_mlo4kql54w1s93xpwo1_500.gif

And Ulfric and his Stormcloaks clinging to their Talos-Amulets being all like
tumblr_mooortVdHx1sp9fcho1_r1_500.gif

And the Jarl of Whiterun about Talos worship being all like
tumblr_inline_mhwq3lpoeT1qz4rgp.gif

And then eventually, the Empire's Legion hopping into Aldmeri territory being all like
tumblr_lqhyxt6I9Z1qi3h06o1_500.gif

And Malborn at the Embassy being all like
tumblr_mqo9nhXPrj1r9fp8lo5_400.gif

'Cause the NPC dialogue shows that while Legion and Stormcloaks surely hate each other, a common foe will bring them together (both sides thought about making a truce to fight the dragons; feel free to look it up!). So even if Ulfric is killed, his Stormcloaks won't hesitate to join the Legion if it means bringing the Thalmor down right at their borders to Cyrodiil. And if Tullius is killed they'll be independent and stuff and Ulfric will be wanting a place next to the Legion when it comes to fighting them down faster then they'll be able to actually flee Skyrim (maybe one of Bethesda's artist folk could make an artwork with a few Thalmor hanging from the gallows, Elenwen specifically). Or maybe both endings we can play are not the Lore-ending, just opportunities to see how both things would run out if they ended like... well, like they do when you join one of the factions.
Purely theoretically of course. Who knows what Bethesda will come up with for TES6.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
2013-08-14_00018.jpgI am all powerful.... they are not (this guy Is wearing some of the coolest armour in skyrim)

tx12001

Imperials are cleaner, Smarter, Richer, and their capital City is so much better and so Much Larger then your Nordic Capital City, they are more magically enhanced and not racist green-turd coloured haired apes and their leaders ruled Tamriel for over 2000 years, Also their are More Imperials as cyrodiil would have the Largest population of Country, and the rest of Tamriel revolves around it, Hahahaahahahaha

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Imperials aren't exactly the weakest race like some try to make out. Cyrodiil sacked Solitude the last time Skyrim was involved in Civil war against the Empire. Probably one of the main reasons Ulfric doesn't want to upset Cyrodiil, where he refuses to endanger the Emperor or royal blood.

Cyrodiil isn't weak, it has conquered the provinces many times. The Ruby Legions being some of the most deadly fighting forces in Tamriel.

What makes the Aldmeri Dominion quite deadly is they managed to wipe out entire Legions. Very few groups on Nirn can take credit for wiping out an entire Legion, while the Stormcloaks for all their boasting and talking about taking the war to the Aldmeri Dominion, they struggled when fighting locally recruited Militia, Auxiliary Legions, all recently recruited judging by many conversations they have with each other in their camps.

If you struggle with the weakest the Empire has to offer, how do you plan on destroying a faction that can match the Empire's best. Though the slaughter of thousands of Nords merely increases Ulfric's fame through history to be remembered which is exactly what he wants.

"But you're willing to sacrifice thousands for your own selfish ambitions." - General Tullius to Ulfric Stormcloak, Season Unending.

Rimfaxe96

Human races, humans all the way. In fact I can somehow understand the Thalmor for wanting war; since humans reproduce much, much faster then elves, it would only be a matter of time when there would be too many ones. And if the Aldmeri Dominion remained peaceful and wouldn't act, someday a more aggressive Emperor certainly would in order to reclaim what good ol' Tiber Septim conquered for the Empire in the first place.
If they wouldn't be so focused on Elven supremacy and Altmer over everything I might actually like them a bit more. On the other hand, most of their kin is so snobbish anyway, it's like being born an Altmer additionally gives you the birthright to behave like an a$$. Not like I won't use that birthright in case I really make an Altmer character in TESO.

7377.png

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...their leaders ruled Tamriel for over 2000 years....
No they didn't. The only Imperial Empire to reign over all of Tamriel was the Third Imperial Empire, and it did so for approximately 440 years. While it's impressive, it's a far cry from over 2,000 years.

Dagmar

First, how do the Thalmor feel about Dunmer? I never hear anything about how to groups feel about each other. My guess is the Dunmer don't like the Thalmor, but I don't have any proof. (I play as Bretons and Nords only, so it isn't for RPing, just a thought I had.)
I'm inclined to think that the Thalmor don't like the Dunmer of Morrowind. They represent a schism in Aldmer society and willingly changed their race from Aldmer to Chimer while defying the conventions of Aldmer society. That alone would be an affront to the Thalmor, but they also had an instrumental role in the fall of the Second Aldmeri Dominion by giving Numidium to Tiber Septim.

tx12001

...their leaders ruled Tamriel for over 2000 years....
No they didn't. The only Imperial Empire to reign over all of Tamriel was the Third Imperial Empire, and it did so for approximately 440 years. While it's impressive, it's a far cry from over 2,000 years.
I never said that a single empire ruled tamriel, I said the Imperial PeopleHave ruled Tamriel for over 2000 years, Do not debate my logic this information is coming straight out of the Skyrim official game guide that is siiting right next to me.

Dagmar

I never said that a single empire ruled tamriel, I said the Imperial PeopleHave ruled Tamriel for over 2000 years
That's a distinction without a difference. The Imperial people have not ruled over Tamriel for over 2000 years. Technically they haven't ruled over Tamriel for any number of years since rule over Tamriel through the Imperial Empire is through the Elder Council and the Emperor and its composition is not limited to Imperials.
Do not debate my logic
What logic? When you actually use some then it can be debated.
this information is coming straight out of the Skyrim official game guide that is siiting right next to me.
Which has several errors in it. Unless you believe you can disarm bash enemies with a bow it's not reliable. The game lore categorically refutes your hollow claim that the Imperials have ruled over Tamriel for any period of time.

The Laoch

Wouldn't 2000 years equal around a few eras? I mean Talos declared the 3 era and the oblivion crisis ended at the beginning of the 4 era. hasn't it been around 650 years since the third empire being made. Are you sure it isn't ruling over Cyrodiil? I feel 2000 years ago is like the first era.

tx12001

Wouldn't 2000 years equal around a few eras? I mean Talos declared the 3 era and the oblivion crisis ended at the beginning of the 4 era. hasn't it been around 650 years since the third empire being made. Are you sure it isn't ruling over Cyrodiil? I feel 2000 years ago is like the first era.
the first era whent for The mythic era 2500, the 1st 2920 years, the 2nd era 896 years, 3rd era 433 years, the Imperials gained control of cyrodiil when they were still known as cyro-noridcs shortly after the Ayleid empire was overthrown and th ewas in the first few hundred years of the first era, the empire only econsied of all o tamriel when tiber septim took the ruby thrown

The Laoch

The Empire hasn't controlled all of Tamriel since that empire. The Imperials have only controlled all of Tamriel since Talos conquered all of it, and after the Oblivion crisis some provinces split.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts