Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KingNLD

Beth is short for bethesda, the creators of TES. ;)

yeah anouck give me that respond! :) and i seen it on other site's to but
sometimes it don't get up in your head :p

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
what no logic! this is no logic at all this is also fake!
this is one of a example that this game make stupid! if you completed the Empire Side or anything else they talk mostly if you are a new member of their guild or army! this is also a Fault! they most return back if the Militia
Win! they have nothing to do in skyrim what left of the empire that well Besides it has no reason
so this is a stupid thing to call mage you are a men based on facts! right this not a fact you know it by
yourself.

mqdefault.jpg

If it's in your game, my game and everyone's game, it can hardly be called fake. There could be many reasons the Thalmor are in contact with Stormcloaks, they do provide them with aid. The Legion doesn't exactly treat you like a new member, when you first join the Legion they just say "Auxiliary" after you finish the quest line, they say "Legate" and salute you, that indicates your status of rank at least.

You say I'm a man based on facts? Yet in every single argument that counters whatever you say, it's Imperial lies or fake. So you're admitting my arguments are mainly facts not just lies, so that would mean your continued arguments against me have been your own created facts, not those presented in game or throughout TES lore.

I could also state your arguments are fake, they are lies created to try validate your argument against the others you debate with. There have been many who use arguments like this and it gets spotted quickly, if you provide me with backing for your arguments, a link to a correct source of information. Then your arguments would gain more validity, at the present your current arguments are no different than a past Stormcloak supporter who accused Legion supporters of "Hiding lore" from them.

I presented you with a fact, evidence taken from the game itself, something you're willing to call fake without even going to look for yourself. That is biased and gives you no claim to call my post fake.

Simply calling something false or Imperial lies just shows we have made our point and you can't counter it. You can easily learn about the facts by the debates themselves, much information has been posted within this thread, but you do not read what I and others post. You need to read what is posted, instead of jumping the gun and claiming it false.

It wouldn't be fair if we started doing the same thing.

KingNLD

If it's in your game, my game and everyone's game, it can hardly be called fake. There could be many reasons the Thalmor are in contact with Stormcloaks, they do provide them with aid. The Legion doesn't exactly treat you like a new member, when you first join the Legion they just say "Auxiliary" after you finish the quest line, they say "Legate" and salute you, that indicates your status of rank at least.

You say I'm a man based on facts? Yet in every single argument that counters whatever you say, it's Imperial lies or fake. So you're admitting my arguments are mainly facts not just lies, so that would mean your continued arguments against me have been your own created facts, not those presented in game or throughout TES lore.

I could also state your arguments are fake, they are lies created to try validate your argument against the others you debate with. There have been many who use arguments like this and it gets spotted quickly, if you provide me with backing for your arguments, a link to a correct source of information. Then your arguments would gain more validity, at the present your current arguments are no different than a past Stormcloak supporter who accused Legion supporters of "Hiding lore" from them.

I presented you with a fact, evidence taken from the game itself, something you're willing to call fake without even going to look for yourself. That is biased and gives you no claim to call my post fake.

Simply calling something false or Imperial lies just shows we have made our point and you can't counter it. You can easily learn about the facts by the debates themselves, much information has been posted within this thread, but you do not read what I and others post. You need to read what is posted, instead of jumping the gun and claiming it false.

It wouldn't be fair if we started doing the same thing.

Epic Keith say it by him self what is Beth thinking so i'm i!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Lol, hiding lore..... What were we hiding again? :p

Apparently we were hiding arguments against the Empire. We weren't giving Stormcloaks arguments they can use, like we should do their debate for them.

Epic Keith say it by him self what is Beth thinking so i'm i!

Oh, so since we don't know what Beth was thinking. It makes my argument false?

I see that logic...

Well I don't know what Beth was thinking about Ulfric, so he doesn't exist, there is no Stormcloak rebellion. All past and future arguments pro Stormcloak are considered fake?

It doesn't work like that, champ.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Mookie said:
He points out a few things, but really dirty ones are kept deep inside
Mookie said:

He sais it himself, that he knows equaly bad things about imperials but doesnt share them since he likes them.

MW-banner-Imperial.png
Ordo Legionis
So that we may hide lore.
So that secrets remain deleted.
So that enemies may never harm us.
So that the Legion remains untainted.
Live live the Empire.

This was so funny :p

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Apparently we were hiding arguments against the Empire. We weren't giving Stormcloaks arguments they can use, like we should do their debate for them.

Oh, so since we don't know what Beth was thinking. It makes my argument false?

I see that logic...

Well I don't know what Beth was thinking about Ulfric, so he doesn't exist, there is no Stormcloak rebellion. All past and future arguments pro Stormcloak are considered fake?

It doesn't work like that, champ.

I was derping around elderscrolls.wikia and found in the trivia section of the 'Age of Aggression' thread that Ulfric sometimes sings the song in his sleep :p

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
What in the festively unanimously chosen kittens has happened? Secrets unspoken? Ravels staying ravelled? Mysteries being kept? Curses being spoken? Feuding being slowed? Languages for understanding?

Oh, sweet moon sugar. Why does this happen to Khajiit?

Ozan jests. He blames the mazte first.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Stormcloaks - America

Empire - Europe

Dominion - Asia

True right?

You've offended both the U.S and the countries of Asia with that one.....
especially the first one, as the U.S is called the melting pot, due to all the different types of people. I'll admit there's those moronic jagoffs who spout their "America for the Americans!" bs, but you can't judge us all based on the idiocy of a few. :D

I'd say
Empire - Rome
Stormcloaks - the Goths or Picts
AD - doesn't really fit with the time period but the closest real world substitute for them would be the Nazis (IMO) what with the racial superiority and religious persecution hell they even Blitzkrieg'd the Empire.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
((The Goths would be a good comparison but they're not close enough in the terms of actual structure. Maybe some other Northern German tribe, like a Viking/Celt or Saxon based product. Though, the more I think of the toppling of Roman cities by oppressed Gothic peoples, the harder it is to disagree...

Personally, I think a good comparison for the AD would be ancient Greek kingdoms, perceived as arrogant assholes to Roman folk.))

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
((The Goths would be a good comparison but they're not close enough in the terms of actual structure. Maybe some other Northern German tribe, like a Viking/Celt or Saxon based product. Though, the more I think of the toppling of Roman cities by oppressed Gothic peoples, the harder it is to disagree...

Personally, I think a good comparison for the AD would be ancient Greek kingdoms, perceived as arrogant assholes to Roman folk.))

I went with the Goths due to them having the most hatred towards Rome,and many of the Goths were in the legion IIRC but your point is valid. As the concept of Jarls is norse as is Sovngarde (Valhalla) as are many of their names.
Plus, Alaric - Ulfric, close 'nuff. Though Ulfric will never sack the Imperial City....NEVER!!! :D

I don't recall the Greeks doing a lot of ethnic cleansing...though I never did take ancient greek studies..

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
((Before I get judged too harshly for that last statement, allow me to defend myself with these lore comparisons.

Roman gods are based heavily on Greek gods. The nine divines merges human gods with elven gods. Rome adopted a lot of Greek styles and ideas at first and soon began to outlaw certain things like philosophy simply because it was Greek. Though the Imperial empire never banned anything, they certainly seem to oppose most Daedra and certain elven ideas to make way for their own. Greek nations, be it Carthage Selucia or other, has invaded Rome and often do really well in the beginning and then begin to suffer later in the war. Much like the war with the AD. The Aldmeri are cunning but also intelligent and ambitious much like most Greek figures, infamous and famous. Their armor, excluding the Hoplites, were almost always light in comparison to Roman armor.

I could go on, but meh. Docta Corvina is far more versed in ancient history and could tell you more than I could. Take my word for it.

They're Greek.))

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
I went with the Goths due to them having the most hatred towards Rome,and many of the Goths were in the legion IIRC but your point is valid. As the concept of Jarls is norse as is Sovngarde (Valhalla) as are many of their names.
Plus, Alaric - Ulfric, close 'nuff. Though Ulfric will never sack the Imperial City....NEVER!!! :D

I don't recall the Greeks doing a lot of ethnic cleansing...though I never did take ancient greek studies..

((Not ethnic cleansing but butchering a city wasn't too uncommon back then. Be it Barbarians, Eastern Kingdoms, Egyptians, Africans... Even other Greeks. A regiment of Greek mercenaries who fought for Persia tried to surrender to Alexander the Great and he wouldn't have that, so he killed them all.

Remind me again about how the Aldmeri killed other Altmer mercilessly and that made that High Elf Legate join the legion? Same stuff.))

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
((Before I get judged too harshly for that last statement, allow me to defend myself with these lore comparisons.

Roman gods are based heavily on Greek gods. The nine divines merges human gods with elven gods. Rome adopted a lot of Greek styles and ideas at first and soon began to outlaw certain things like philosophy simply because it was Greek. Though the Imperial empire never banned anything, they certainly seem to oppose most Daedra and certain elven ideas to make way for their own. Greek nations, be it Carthage Selucia or other, has invaded Rome and often do really well in the beginning and then begin to suffer later in the war. Much like the war with the AD. The Aldmeri are cunning but also intelligent and ambitious much like most Greek figures, infamous and famous. Their armor, excluding the Hoplites, were almost always light in comparison to Roman armor.

I could go on, but meh. Docta Corvina is far more versed in ancient history and could tell you more than I could. Take my word for it.

They're Greek.))

I buy that. :D I never really looked at the Divines like that.
So Greeks sans the Democracy?

((Not ethnic cleansing but butchering a city wasn't too uncommon back then. Be it Barbarians, Eastern Kingdoms, Egyptians, Africans... Even other Greeks. A regiment of Greek mercenaries who fought for Persia tried to surrender to Alexander the Great and he wouldn't have that, so he killed them all.

Remind me again about how the Aldmeri killed other Altmer mercilessly and that made that High Elf Legate join the legion? Same stuff.))

What happened to the Khajiit typing style? :p but I see your point....once again.

So taking a closer looks Beth just added, orcs,elves and Dragons to our history then? :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts