Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Karen

boop.
Out of curiosity, is it ever made known what Ulfric's views on the Thalmor are, and what his plans are after the civil war? Like does he actually think they will leave just Skyrim alone if the Stormcloaks win, or does he believe Skyrim can follow in the footsteps of Hammerfell?

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I hope that we, in the next Elder Scrolls game, can find out what happend to Skyrim. Did the Aldmeri Dominion left the province after being 'defeated' by the Stormcloaks? Or did they start a war against Skyrim? And what if the Imperial Legion won the civil war, what would happen?

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
maybe something where your save files decide who won the civil war, as an option.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I doubt it, though it would throw me for a loop if stormcloaks canon wise win. Seeing how in the Elder Scrolls it seems that the Empire always prevails.

Wolfen McGunz

I serve the Light with a swift blade of justice!
I'm not really a fan of Ulfric, but I think I lean towards the Stormcloaks. I wouldn't want to be with a group that would prohibit the freedom of religion. I would actually like the Imperials better if it wasn't for that one law.

Honestly though, I play whatever bests reflects my character. So I've joined different ones for different characters.

Wolfen McGunz

I serve the Light with a swift blade of justice!
Imperials didn't even enforce that one law. When Ulfric rebelled so the thalmor came to enforce...

Lol! Yeah I probably need to read a little more of the lore. I admit that I've not studied it thoroughly, but this game is a blast no doubt!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Out of curiosity, is it ever made known what Ulfric's views on the Thalmor are, and what his plans are after the civil war? Like does he actually think they will leave just Skyrim alone if the Stormcloaks win, or does he believe Skyrim can follow in the footsteps of Hammerfell?

They plan to attack the Dominion.

Galmar: "First we'll kick the Thalmor and their bloody Imperial puppets out of the country. Then we'll rebuild Skyrim into the land she once was. When we are done with that, we will take our army to the Dominion, and show those pointy-eared bastards not every man is fit to be their slave."

Ulfric: "Because getting rid of the Empire was only half the problem. Soon, the elves will again seek to rule the world. We must ready ourselves to fight them. For it will be Skyrim that shall lead Tamriel in those dark days, when the fate of the world is finally determined."

Though I don't think that is a good idea, they plan to attack the Dominion which would be mean they will sail for Summerset Isles unless they plan to march through Cyrodiil to the Dominion held provinces of Valenwood and Elsweyr. Seems like a stupid idea to be honest, attacking an army of Magic users and the best archers in Tamriel. Stormcloaks have no battlemages so it'll be a slaughter if half their ships aren't blown up by fire off the coast of the Isles and some of them make it on the shore, they'll be fighting an enemy on their land with reinforcements weeks or even months away depending on the time of year.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I'm not really a fan of Ulfric, but I think I lean towards the Stormcloaks. I wouldn't want to be with a group that would prohibit the freedom of religion. I would actually like the Imperials better if it wasn't for that one law.

Honestly though, I play whatever bests reflects my character. So I've joined different ones for different characters.

It actually appears that the Nords themselves are also prohibiting the freedom of religion on the Reachmen.

"This was our land. We were here first. Then the Nords came and put chains on us. Forbid us from worshipping our gods." - Madanach

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Lol! Yeah I probably need to read a little more of the lore. I admit that I've not studied it thoroughly, but this game is a blast no doubt!
Yeah It honestly doesn't matter as much as you think. Hell most of my in game decisions are ruled by "Who is paying me? Him ok, sorry orphans" type mentality.

Karen

boop.
They plan to attack the Dominion.

Galmar: "First we'll kick the Thalmor and their bloody Imperial puppets out of the country. Then we'll rebuild Skyrim into the land she once was. When we are done with that, we will take our army to the Dominion, and show those pointy-eared bastards not every man is fit to be their slave."

Ulfric: "Because getting rid of the Empire was only half the problem. Soon, the elves will again seek to rule the world. We must ready ourselves to fight them. For it will be Skyrim that shall lead Tamriel in those dark days, when the fate of the world is finally determined."

Though I don't think that is a good idea, they plan to attack the Dominion which would be mean they will sail for Summerset Isles unless they plan to march through Cyrodiil to the Dominion held provinces of Valenwood and Elsweyr. Seems like a stupid idea to be honest, attacking an army of Magic users and the best archers in Tamriel. Stormcloaks have no battlemages so it'll be a slaughter if half their ships aren't blown up by fire off the coast of the Isles and some of them make it on the shore, they'll be fighting an enemy on their land with reinforcements weeks or even months away depending on the time of year.
Yeah, I don't see that going well for them either. The Thalmor have been around for a long time and they have skilled and experienced soldiers on their side; it's going to take a lot more than a green team of rebels to take them down, even if they manage to round up the support of the majority of Skyrim. It seems like an optimistically foolish plan to me.

Wuffles

In Oblivion I began in jail at the hands of the Imperials. In Skyrim my head was on the chopping block at the hands of the Imperials. Just me, but Stormcloaks all the way!

*Grins*
Exactly why I'm going to choose the Stormcloaks once I've finished Dawnguard. The imperials seem to throw people in prison a little too easily.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
lolz Yeah make fun of the traditional starting place of the Elder Scrolls series. But people seem to like those games here. how odd... But in all seriousness we don't know what our prisoner did in Oblivion or even Morriwind, but seeing how he/she becomes one of the deadliest being alive... Yeah...

Also I heard that Lawful Good people always try to make you see things their way...

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Like Ulfric and the Forsworn in the Markarth incident? lolz

Honestly Raijin I think I would fight for you even if you didn't pay for it. But sometimes politics separates, and good men must fight each other when they should be comrades and brothers.

feliciano182

What is it about this thread that it doesn't let me know there's been 20+ pages of discussion ?

It actually appears that the Nords themselves are also prohibiting the freedom of religion on the Reachmen.

"This was our land. We were here first. Then the Nords came and put chains on us. Forbid us from worshipping our gods." - Madanach

True dat........................Madanach is bats***t insane though.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
*Grins*
Exactly why I'm going to choose the Stormcloaks once I've finished Dawnguard. The imperials seem to throw people in prison a little too easily.

Well in Skyrim, you are captured among the enemy during a time of war. Trials aren't on the list of priorities during wartime. Also, if it were the other way around, do you honestly think the Stormcloaks would just let you go if you were caught among the Legion?

Also, it's become a tradition with the Elder Scroll games to start out as a prisoner. It's a very easy starting point for games like this.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
LOL I can't believe 8 people disagreed with you. The truth must hurt doesn't it? Anyhow yeah you have a point there. The Imperials are obsessed with tossing people in prison.

At least the Imperials take prisoners. Stormcloaks rarely take prisoners, guess it goes to show the Stormcloaks surrender more often. I see Stormcloak prisoners everywhere.

Tullius was willing to execute an innocent person prior to being executed. No interrogation, NOTHING.

Innocence is the first casualty of war. Your innocence may or may not be so, not to mention Bulgruuf and Ulfric himself mention about your criminal past.

Ulfric: "So long as your criminal past stays in the past, and you fight for me with honor and integrity, we'll welcome you into our ranks."

Walk into a prison and ask who's innocent, see how many claim they are. They can't take your word for it since you were captured along side Ulfric, ending the rebellion is the most important thing to do quickly. You already had the Thalmor show up at the execution trying to stop it, because Ulfric's death would hinder their plans. The longer you delay the harder it will be to remove the seeds of Ulfric's rebellion.

You were in the wrong place at the wrong time, happens even today in our grand modern times.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts