Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

osheao

you are pretty much o fer,l what, 50.

without me, you're a clown. and here's the serious... try it again. put yourself in front of everyone, punk boy.

try and take me down. tick tock. mutha.

osheao

but, wait, i didn't mean to be an idiot without an excuse. we all know mine, lol. what's yours, um, ?

man, i didn't ream you a new hole? am i getting soft? eleven boy, you better come prepared the next time you speak. seriously. or, am i being TOO sensitive for you?

osheao

is this where i actually get lambasted for responding to eleven boy's shiite? he better stfu or be ready to defend.

was i out of line? lol. uh, obviously yes.

will somebody like eleven boy talk smack to me? nope.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
More like the American Civil War. Stormcloak=CSA Empire=USA.

The Stormcloaks aren't that bad. They're racist, sure, but their main motivation for war is their religious belief and their disapproval of Thalmor being in Skyrim.

The closest comparison from history is probably the Jacobin revolution in Scotland, which lasted for a little while before the Battle of Culloden wiped them out. It was similar because there were many Scots who supported the English, because they wanted a strong and united Britain, whereas the Jacobites wanted independence. I think there was also a religious element too, with the Jacobites being Catholic. I think.

Maybe someone else knows more about this.

osheao

The Stormcloaks aren't that bad. They're racist, sure, but their main motivation for war is their religious belief and their disapproval of Thalmor being in Skyrim.

The closest comparison from history is probably the Jacobin revolution in Scotland, which lasted for a little while before the Battle of Culloden wiped them out. It was similar because there were many Scots who supported the English, because they wanted a strong and united Britain, whereas the Jacobites wanted independence. I think there was also a religious element too, with the Jacobites being Catholic. I think.

Maybe someone else knows more about this.

so now a religious belief is racist, but, not that bad? lol.
rethink your rationales. you'll be better for it.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
so now a religious belief is racist, but, not that bad? lol.
rethink your rationales. you'll be better for it.

I meant that they're fighting for the right to believe in their God, Talos. If you went to any country and took away the right to believe in their god you can expect violence. That's the nature of people.
Racism is bad, sure, but I'm saying that the Stormcloak's cause is not as bad as the Confederate's cause

osheao

I meant that they're fighting for the right to believe in their God, Talos. If you went to any country and took away the right to believe in their god you can expect violence. That's the nature of people.
Racism is bad, sure, but I'm saying that the Stormcloak's cause is not as bad as the Confederate's cause

you have a whole lot of problems with many of your attempted points in your brief statement. imo.

i can easily argue that racism is a good thing, with the right boundaries.

the nature of man is not violence.

talos is my right, period. anybody that gives that up in my stead deserves a ridicule.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
you have a whole lot of problems with many of your attempted points in your brief statement. imo.

i can easily argue that racism is a good thing, with the right boundaries.

the nature of man is not violence.

talos is my right, period. anybody that gives that up in my stead deserves a ridicule.

For danger of going off topic, I didn't mean that men are violent by nature, only when taken away fundamental rights such as the right to believe or not believe in whatever goods you choose. And no-one can argue that racism is good. Sorry

osheao

For danger of going off topic, I didn't mean that men are violent by nature, only when taken away fundamental rights such as the right to believe or not believe in whatever goods you choose. And no-one can argue that racism is good. Sorry

if you can't argue the benefits of racism, then, sorry, you're not cut out.

thats basic ability

edit: i mean, lack there-of.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
for those that lack logic:

hitler.
procreation.
imperials.

I love enthusiasm, especially when it comes to something I love like video games. Making real life comparisons and analogies to reflect on our society is great, if it can deepen our understanding through a media we all obviously take part in (video games) but two things real quick.

First, sometimes when you try and make a point your comments are kind of shortsighted and a bit belligent to the point where your statement no matter how rich with though becomes a rambling that no one respects because you turn a friendly head butting into a public nuisance and an unnessisary display of bravado. No one is going to fight you. It's a forum.

Second, while I can piece together what you say sometimes, it always comes off like you're taking offense to someone's opinion. This is a forum, it's name is based on the voicing of opinions. If you plan to attempt a shutdown of people, it won't work and it's not in the spirit of things. If you want to make an educated point then flush out something coherent and relevant.

Thirdly, when making connections to the real world, try to make sense of it. Imperial Cyrodiil is NOTHING like Nazi Germany. Nor is windhelm. There is no systematic killing for descrepamcy of belief. If anything the thalmor most resemble Nazi Germany due to their killings, there belief of supremacy, there war tactics and there hatred. This game is filled with interpretations but it takes one bad lemon to ruin a batch of lemonade.

Tosh Raka

Haha that was three things.

osheao

I love enthusiasm, especially when it comes to something I love like video games. Making real life comparisons and analogies to reflect on our society is great, if it can deepen our understanding through a media we all obviously take part in (video games) but two things real quick.

First, sometimes when you try and make a point your comments are kind of shortsighted and a bit belligent to the point where your statement no matter how rich with though becomes a rambling that no one respects because you turn a friendly head butting into a public nuisance and an unnessisary display of bravado. No one is going to fight you. It's a forum.

Second, while I can piece together what you say sometimes, it always comes off like you're taking offense to someone's opinion. This is a forum, it's name is based on the voicing of opinions. If you plan to attempt a shutdown of people, it won't work and it's not in the spirit of things. If you want to make an educated point then flush out something coherent and relevant.

Thirdly, when making connections to the real world, try to make sense of it. Imperial Cyrodiil is NOTHING like Nazi Germany. Nor is windhelm. There is no systematic killing for descrepamcy of belief. If anything the thalmor most resemble Nazi Germany due to their killings, there belief of supremacy, there war tactics and there hatred. This game is filled with interpretations but it takes one bad lemon to ruin a batch of lemonade.

before i read your, i assume, well thought discourse, i will say this: ah, well. do not talk about my hitler reference. i'm sick and tired of people dictating the workings of him.

as i read your, points, i state, i will always say whatever it is on my mind with conviction. point blank and period. always have and always will.

you people get all into the actual germany, nazi stuff. wrong. too close to it emotionally is what i seem to see. and, like i said, do not tell me how to use hitler in my argument. period.

osheao

you want to discuss logic and your lack of ability. i'm good. you want t.o. and seattle sports, i'm good.

you want udub. don't mess.

and, if you think you have the upperhand on some moral ground, u b very wrong. i can do this all day long.

Tosh Raka

before i read your, i assume, well thought discourse, i will say this: ah, well. do not talk about my hitler reference. i'm sick and tired of people dictating the workings of him.

as i read your, points, i state, i will always say whatever it is on my mind with conviction. point blank and period. always have and always will.

you people get all into the actual germany, nazi stuff. wrong. too close to it emotionally is what i seem to see. and, like i said, do not tell me how to use hitler in my argument. period.
you want to discuss logic and your lack of ability. i'm good. you want t.o. and seattle sports, i'm good.

you want udub. don't mess.

and, if you think you have the upperhand on some moral ground, u b very wrong. i can do this all day long.

Read both of these replies a few times, still don't understand what you're saying. Could be grammar, spelling, your reference to logic... Not sure where that came about. All I'm saying is you don't make sense. And it's this discourse is way off topic.

Stormcloak or Imperial, doesn't matter. Both sides are Nords, and either way it's sad. I will say that an independent Skyrim would put up quite the fight like the Redguard did. In the end the Nazi Ger... Oops I meant the Thalmor won't win.

clastix

Dragonborn is straying from the path of good.
You can also look at the Thalmor like a corrupted Superior war council, Demanding the Empire conquer and succeed. The only difference is, once the Thalmor has used the Empire, it will enslave it. When I roamed around skyrim I saw many Thalmor Justice with arrestees and same with the Imperials. Hmm ... wonder what those poor innocent people got arrested for. Oh and look at the tortue chambers in the Thalmor prisons and the way they interrogate and keep in mind, as long as the Empire was Affluent it was ok with this?? ... Could never compare the Empire to the USA. The press would have been all over it, the Empire just keeps quiet acts like everything is quite alright. The Thalmor just walking around arresting people for their freedom of belief, not ok.

Docta Corvina

Stormcloak or Imperial, doesn't matter. Both sides are Nords, and either way it's sad.

This. This pretty much is the heart of the tragedy here. The Thalmor/AD sowing the seeds of discord and violence among a people, which in turn works to chip away or even threaten to fracture the Empire? We've seen this tactic employed in Tamriel before. Same song, different verse.

And, it's a huge reason as to why I fight for the Empire, so that we will eventually see them disabled or destroyed and out of our lives.

Unit7

Well under the WGC they don't actually have a freedom of belief at least not legally. Also both the Stormcloaks and the Empire use torture. At least I think the Stormcloaks do... saw a torture rack down in Windhelm's dungeons. I think.

As for the Imperials and the prisoners... I could have sworn they said Stormcloak Prisoner. Then again maybe it was just that one time. So the prisoner could have been a scout, a captured soldier from a battle, maybe he was caught sabatoging a Imperial owned mill. But... then again he was probably just catching butterflies when the imperials noticed the uniform.

Then again. Maybe it was one of the dudes who tried to have their way with that dudes daughter in Dragon Bridge?

Which is something I have completely forgotten about until recently and why I find it hard to support the stormcloaks. Then again I guess maybe it wasn't as bad as I think. To the imperials when a Jarl challenges the High King to a duel they call it murder. I did however find it amusing that everyone calls it murder except for the Solitude Court Mage. Well you know besides the stormcloaks. I can almost forgive her for thinking Vampires were better then me.

Of course even if it is as bad as I think it is, a few rotten apples are to be expected. But I have yet to encounter such a story about Imperials.

or wait. Was that story about Imperials... I forget.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts