Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Ysgramor had super enchantments, Tiber had a personal dragon (The Red Dragon, which we still see now on banners).

Titus Mede was a common soldier who worked his way up. He had his wits, his own military experience, and he was fully endorsed by Skyrim as their Emperor.

“Titus Mede had been – and was – many things. A soldier in an outlaw army, a warlord in Colovia, a king in Cyrodiil, and Emperor.”

Titus was a soldier at heart, seen how he chose to dress when informal. He was a warrior, always seen with his sword which wasn't anything fancy, or something an "Emperor" would carry. He was able to defend himself well, observation by an Penitus Oculatus agent/assassin that he'd be no match for Mede in combat. He also was shrewd in matters political and devious.

I found him to be by far one of the most interesting Emperors to date.

Last edited:

Lewsean

Ysgramor had super enchantments
What Enchantments were they? I always assumed the Wuuthrad enchantment was due to the war with the Elves, not actually an enchantment?

Rimfaxe96

Where did all of those super enchantments go? Did they evaporate into thin air? If broken they can easily be reforged from a master blacksmith.

It's become a lost art. At some point Nords didn't fancy magic anymore, and that thinking reaches 'till the 4th Era. A shame really, considering how much potential there was. Shalidor is probably the best example (and I still find it weird that they used him in the Aldmeri Dominion questlines in TESO instead of the Pact -.-).

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
It's become a lost art. At some point Nords didn't fancy magic anymore, and that thinking reaches 'till the 4th Era. A shame really, considering how much potential there was. Shalidor is probably the best example (and I still find it weird that they used him in the Aldmeri Dominion questlines in TESO instead of the Pact -.-).

It's not a loss art. Not according to Sergius Turrianus. He seems very confident with his work, and have many clients (Nords in particular) who go to him to enchant an item for them for a price.

"The local Nords may not like us very much, but they don't seem to mind having access to enchanted weapons and armor." -Sergius Turrianus

Regardless of what the Nords think about the concept of magic they still go to the college to get their items enchanted.

Theirs also a dialogue between Sergius and Urag in the library:

Urag: "Keeping busy, Sergius?"
Sergius: "As always. The Nords don't ever stop wanting things enchanted."
Urag: "At least it's more money for the College."
Sergius: "Perhaps, but it just means more work for me."

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
What Enchantments were they? I always assumed the Wuuthrad enchantment was due to the war with the Elves, not actually an enchantment?

No idea, but probably like the Wuuthrad enchantment, being especially deadly to elves. Whatever they were, it was better than what the Dwemer, Altmer, Falmer, Ayleid, and Chimer could make. They were designed for revenge, to kill the elves.

Finally, word reached him of Ysgramor and his Companions, newly-arrived from Atmora. For three days and nights, he rode north, and met them as they made landfall on the icy coast near the ruins of Saarthal, which the elves had fortified against them. He offered the Companions his service, and all he had produced in his years of labor. And with Atmoran steel imbued with his enchantments, the elves fell before them, and at last he had his revenge. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Ahzidal's_Descent

Where did all of those super enchantments go? Did they evaporate into thin air? If broken they can easily be reforged from a master blacksmith.

Lost to time, hidden, buried.

It's not a loss art. Not according to Sergius Turrianus. He seems very confident with his work, and have many clients (Nords in particular) who go to him to enchant an item for them for a price.

Many parts of enchanting are a lost art, and yes according to Sergius Turrianus who wrote a book.

Enchanting was raised to a fine art by the wizards of the Arcane University. Sadly, some of the nuances of this skill were lost when the Imperial City was sacked. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Enchanter's_Primer

That was just the last thirty years, now imagine how much of the art has been lost since the Merethic Era?

Last edited:

Rimfaxe96

I meant ancient, special and advanced enchantments. Enchanting overall is probably basic stuff for any competitive army Tamriel has.
When it comes to deadly spells, I'm afraid the Dominion will have the clear advantage, so keeping some secret enchantments wouldn't have been a bad idea (just look how fast the Thalmor arrived when they first learned about Stalhrim). In the 2nd Era it was also Imperial mages who were the upper-rank-conjurers, can't say how that changed after 2 Eras though.

Ivory

Let's Player

Shalidor is universal to the three Alliances. That's the Mage's Guild Questline and the Guilds are neutral to the war. That's why it's the Guilds who go to Cold Harbour to Fight Molag Bal, not the alliances.

Lewsean

I meant ancient, special and advanced enchantments. Enchanting overall is probably basic stuff for any competitive army Tamriel has.
When it comes to deadly spells, I'm afraid the Dominion will have the clear advantage, so keeping some secret enchantments wouldn't have been a bad idea (just look how fast the Thalmor arrived when they first learned about Stalhrim). In the 2nd Era it was also Imperial mages who were the upper-rank-conjurers, can't say how that changed after 2 Eras though.
You overestimate High Elven Magic and underestimate Human Magic. The greatest Mage in the First Era was a Nord lol.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You overestimate High Elven Magic and underestimate Human Magic. The greatest Mage in the First Era was a Nord lol.

I found Shalidor to be somewhat a little mad, from his writings. Though I can't truly comment, having never met him or heard much about him from those who play TESO.

Nord Mages have declined in recent times, probably one of the benefits of the Empire. They still have the Shadow Legion, and it's powerful Legionaries.

Last edited:

Rimfaxe96

Skyrim is set in the 4th Era. Besides, even if they were all overpowered, Elves have the talent to break down from their own arrogance.

Ivory

Let's Player
I found Shalidor to be somewhat a little mad, from his writings. Though I can't truly comment, having never met him or heard much about him from those who play TESO.

Nord Mages have declined in recent times, probably one of the benefits of the Empire. They still have the Shadow Legion, and it's powerful Legionaries.
ESO Mage's Guild Spoiler.
Shalidor is indeed quite mad. You learn about his life through Sheogorath's visions and you notice how true Sheo's visions are as you interact with him throughout the Questline. He's sane, but he becomes so obsessed with his magic that he neglects his wife who leaves him, overestimates his power against Sheogorath and dooms his island into the shivering isles all for a book written by the intellect of madmen and Sheo himself. He's so obsessed with getting the island back he neglects one of the mages who is helping him get it back. In the end you can either save them or doom them to Shivering isles.

Rimfaxe96

I'll never forgive him for letting me handle that one pet of Sheogorath, Gutsripper. Took me 4 attempts to even get there because my level was still low (but not too low for the quest?!) and a ridiculous amount to finally figure out a strategy to kill that bastard.

Ivory

Let's Player

I'll never forgive him for letting me handle that one pet of Sheogorath, Gutsripper. Took me 4 attempts to even get there because my level was still low (but not too low for the quest?!) and a ridiculous amount to finally figure out a strategy to kill that bastard.

You think Gutsripper was tough? (He was at launch. He got nerf'd as did the Fighter's Guild enemy Doshia.) I miss Molag Bal before the nerf. He was stupid hard and required amazing skill to beat. Entering the Veteran zones as a reward actually felt like a worthy reward.. Now I fought him with my Vampire (Molag Bal uses fire) And I didn't even break a sweat.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Shalidor is indeed quite mad. You learn about his life through Sheogorath's visions and you notice how true Sheo's visions are as you interact with him throughout the Questline. He's sane, but he becomes so obsessed with his magic that he neglects his wife who leaves him, overestimates his power against Sheogorath and dooms his island into the shivering isles all for a book written by the intellect of madmen and Sheo himself. He's so obsessed with getting the island back he neglects one of the mages who is helping him get it back. In the end you can either save them or doom them to Shivering isles.

I figured there was something off with him by his writings, damn I'm good. :p

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Just takes a little reading comprehension :p

That and most powerful Mages are often mad or detatched from their surroundings. Especially around other people, who they either view as a test subject, an annoyance, or dismiss their presence entirely.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Don't be talking smack to my bro, Neloth! Now go make him some Apple cabbage stew, with some canis root tea before he sees you as a test subject from hunger.

Divayth Fyr takes top place. He made female clones of himself to help around the house, also have sex with... and at the same time call them his daughters.

redneck-randal-meme-generator-family-reunion-brings-condoms-ce83c7.jpg

Rimfaxe96

Divayth Fyr takes top place. He made female clones of himself to help around the house, also have sex with... and at the same time call them his daughters.

post-26182-disgusted-animated-gif-QwyA.gif

Dunmer are so weird. And here I thought nobody could beat Direnni nobles having their own Nede chick collection.

The aristocratic Elves established a system of feudal vassalage over their human subjects, with rights and privileges that included the "Perquisite of Coition" with any human they desired. Sex with attractive Nedes was considered casual recreation, and Direnni nobles competed to have stables of the most desirable human subjects.
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/bretons-mongrels-or-paragons