Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Empires are lame and Romans are overrated. Deal with it.

So then you think that most of history (including your culture) is lame and overrated.

Rome laid the foundation for Western Civilization, after which the Renaissance (rebirth of Roman ideas & culture) became the Modern Age. Modern Age has reigned in a new era of science and rationalism.

I can Nuke your a$$ from my living room. So you deal with that.

Last edited:

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
All I gotta say is.... F@ck the Empire and F@ck the Romans. How can anyone take them seriously when they have a mop as a helmet? What are they gonna do with the helmet? sweep their enemies floor?

imperial-roman-helmet-8112.jpg

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
All I gotta say is.... F@ck the Empire and F@ck the Romans. How can anyone take them seriously when they have a mop as a helmet? What are they gonna do with the helmet? sweep their enemies floor?

Hehehe

It was used to designate rank.

In the heat of battle when communications would break down, this was a fast way of identifying Officers.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Easier officer indentification on the battlefield and on march. You're just upset the Stormcloaks are coneheads.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
QUADRUPLE POST!!! DEAL WITH IT!!! >8O

But, anyways, I wouldn't say Rome's influence is too present anymore. There have been Republics who didn't even know what Rome was.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Easier officer indentification on the battlefield and on march. You're just upset the Stormcloaks are coneheads.

At least the Stormcloaks don't portray themselves as maids by having helmets that look like a modern day cleaning products.

But hey! The imperials are worth something.... For cleaning your house. If I ever need my house clean I can always depend on the Empire to send a legion of troops to come over, and fight dirt from my home.

Ulfric should hire General Tullius to come over to Windhelm, and clean the trash from the Greyquaters for half the cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rimfaxe96

At least the Stormcloaks don't portray themselves as maids by having helmets that look like a modern day cleaning products.

At least Imperials are clean. And since the Thalmor already own the hoodie style and Imperials helmets, Stormcloaks can only choose between

this
PALM-5769-Black-felt-napoleon-hat.jpg

or that
267665837_L.jpg

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Theirs nothing wrong with our uniforms.

Stormcloak_Officer_Armor.jpg

A big dress with bear paws holding the man titties? At least the Legion skirt serves the purpose of increased mobility and foot work in the heat of battle.

I'd rather take the mop that comes with plate armor, chain mail, hardened leather and heavier red fabric.

Legate_Sevan_Telendas.png

Lewsean

Ironically what ended the Roman Empire was Civil War and an Emperor bending his knee to a foreign power. Sound familiar?

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Ironically what ended the Roman Empire was Civil War and an Emperor bending his knee to a foreign power. Sound familiar?

It was a lot of different things, however you are correct about Civil War and the bad foreign-policy.

The problem you are left with... is even if Skyrim leaves that doesn't do anything about the Dominion.

In all... possible honesty... and fairness... and reasonableness... I liken the Empire to the Roman Empire just before the Battle of the Catalonian Fields (Where the Huns set out to finish the job).

True, the Empire is no spring chicken but... it doesn't matter. Everyone for right now has to stand together and find common ground or else everything will be destroyed.

Whatever happens after that, happens. I wouldn't expect the Empire to last forever, however, without the Empire everyone will be gobbled up a piece at a time by the Thalmor, as is their proven MO.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

Sounds like Titus Mede II bending his knees to the thalmor by signing the WGC because their too weak to win anything.

Ironically, the Empire signed the WGC because they did win. Timing. Timing is everything by dear Raijin. And destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. Talos would understand this.

Lewsean

True, the Empire is no spring chicken but... it doesn't matter. Everyone for right now has to stand together and find common ground or else everything will be destroyed.

Whatever happens after that, happens. I wouldn't expect the Empire to last forever, however, without the Empire everyone will be gobbled up a piece at a time by the Thalmor, as is their proven MO.
I don't agree that the Empire is needed, right now more of the human races in Tamriel would stand together in their common distaste for the Empire than anything else. Before the Empire, Tamriel has dealt with much larger problems than the Thalmor and managed to get through it just fine. It's rather annoying that most people think Tamriel must unite under the Empire or fail, rather than the Empire failing because it refuses to do what the rest of us want. The Empire has already shown it doesn't have what it takes to deal with this particular problem(This is not an insult to the Empire, the Oblivion crisis was solved in large part thanks to them). The Empire just doesn't have the stones to make that extra step, the Thalmor could've been dealt with at the end of the Great War, but the Emperor chose the safe way out instead, which doesn't solve anything.

All in all, the Empire dug it's own grave by caving to demands that the people would never accept.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts