Immortal Words - Saurano Direnni

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BIGwooly

I made an account to let you know I've enjoyed your Journals. I read Hrisskar III and just finished acouple days ago, it was awesome. I don't want spoilers cause I'm only on page 5 in Immortal Words, but so far it's been brilliant! What exactly did you say you did for a living? Lol, Jk but your a great writer. Thank You for the entertainment My friend.

Haha, I'm a cinematographer. d;-)

Thanks for the support. People like you inspire me to keep going when life and work and crap take over and leave me no time to play. Thanks, bro.

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
Hi, Wooly! I wondered if you still plan to continue this at some time in the future...I miss my read of the day...

BIGwooly

Hi, Wooly! I wondered if you still plan to continue this at some time in the future...I miss my read of the day...

I do plan to, yes. Work just got super crazy with lots of trips and my Xbox hasn't been on in like 2 months, lol. It's a travesty. Sorry to keep you all waiting. As soon as I can I'll continue the story. d;-)

BIGwooly

Fredas Evening / Khuul

I'm not sure what to do next. I tried bribing my way onto a boat in Ald Velothi, but the captain was uninterested in my gold. He wouldn't even take it just to listen to me. My reputation has preceded me in the worst way.

So I made my way north to Khuul, taking care to avoid a daedric ruin on the coast. I followed the coast and fought off worms and rats until I reached the small town at nightfall.

All I wanted was a meal and a bed, and I've been denied both. Oddly enough I was able to convince one of the traders to give me a bit of gold for some supplies I've been carrying. But gold is not what I need right now. I need a pillow for the night and a ship for the morning to get me out of Morrowind.

It's only a matter of time before guards or bounty hunters catch up with me.

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
Why make a character whos life is basically like another? In my opinion, the whole hardcore thing is just like having two lives. The real world one and the Skyrim life. I would never hardcore it. Frankly sir, you have guts for doing it.

BIGwooly

Why make a character whos life is basically like another? In my opinion, the whole hardcore thing is just like having two lives. The real world one and the Skyrim life. I would never hardcore it. Frankly sir, you have guts for doing it.

I mostly just do it for the added challenge and the added immersion. It helps me enjoy the RP aspect more. d:-)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
DEAD IS DEAD - that is the crux of my new journal. There will be no save loading .. period.

GENERAL PLAY RESTRICTIONS
-----------------------------------
- dead is dead (no loading from a previous save)
- difficulty set to 'expert'
- HUD set to 0%
- brightness dropped down 2 notches
- may only apply 5 perk points total
- may not place any perk points in 'sneak'
- may not activate overpowered/unrealistic perks
- may not fast travel (not even via cart)
- may not use in-game map unless at a known location
- if injured by a trap then dead is dead is applied (no exceptions)
- every 10 arrows are considered to weigh 1 pound
- may carry up to 30 arrows max
- must have a hand free to use a potion
- must wait 3 seconds between taking potions during combat
- vampiric infection must be cured within 1 game hour or vampirism is set
- must have hands free to pick up items or search bodies/containers
- must have both hands free to pickpocket
- may only carry 10 lockpicks max
- may not remain crouched for extended periods of time
- may not harvest unreasonable items from bodies (garnets from elk, etc.)
- must wait 1 hour for each animal skinned
- may not loot from bodies that you saw someone else kill (assumed that they looted)
- must sleep for at least 8 hours every day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- must eat 3 meals a day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- must always carry clothing (assumed it is worn under armor)
- may not swim while wearing/carrying armor
- must drop all armor if entering deep water unexpectedly (armor is lost)
- may not enter freezing water unless a boat is available
- may not use game exploits

- a mercenary's fee is for (1) 24-hour period
- a mercenary provides an additional 10% to carry ability
- dead is dead applies to mercenaries

- a horse provides an additional 10% to carry ability
- must be with horse to access carried items
- may never access carried items during combat even if with horse
- horse must be fed 1 meal per day equal to at least 5 health
- horses may only be fed fruits or vegetables
- dead is dead applies to horses

I guess I just don't understand. I couldn't possibly play under such restrictions. Good luck.

StarshipAwsome

Hey Wooly I joined just to let you know how great your journals are. I know this has been writted before but you have inspired me to try and roleplay in my game. I am very new to Skyrim and have played no other Elder Scrolls games so I tried to make the rules a bit easier. I you wouldnt mind could you have a look at them and tell me what you think.

General Play Restrictions
- Difficulty must be on Adept or above.
- Brightness dropped down two notches.
- HUD set to 0%
- Only carry 50% of what game allows.
- Only carry 30 arrows max.
- Must fully sheathe weapon to use potion.
- Must have a free hand to pick anything up.
- May not harvest unreasonable items.
- May not activate overpowered/unrealistic perks .
- Must sleep for at least 8 hours every day.
- Must eat 3 meals a day.
- Must always carry clothing.
- May not use smithing or enchanting.
- May not swim while wearing armor.
- May not use in-game map unless at a known location
- May not fast travel (except by cart)
- May not cut wood for money.
- May only use manual saves after sleeping (resting)
- When character dies must load from the most recent save.
- If character dies must return to an inn and wait (recover) for 7 days.
- A companion may carry 10% of your carry ability.
- When a companion/mercenary dies they are dead, no save loading.
- A horse may carry 10% of your own carry ability
- You may not access the 10% that your horse is carrying during combat
- When carrying items back to your horse you may not have a weapon drawn
- If horse dies it is dead, no save loading
Character Specific Restrictions
- Not allowed to use magic other than nord power and shouts.
- Not allowed to steal from or harm friendly or neutral characters.
- Must apply level points to health

There pretty much the rules from your other journal but made slightly easier.

Twiffle

may i ask a silly question please as im not familiar with type of gameplay with diaries.

Is there no video footage of your adventures?

BIGwooly

Fredas Evening / Khuul

I knew there was something off with that fetcher redguard when I first saw her. Lucky for me she visited Thongar and was inquiring about a boat to Blacklight .. or anywhere off of mainland Vvardenfell. Thongar was quick to send word to me and I confronted the woman, confirming she was indeed the one with the bounty on her head.

Poor thing tried to run. Tried to jump into a small boat and make away. But the boat was tied up and she wasn't fast enough. I was almost happy she resisted. Outlander scum. Bringing her criminal ways to our land. Only a shame the fight didn't last longer. She barely had landed three blows before I crushed her skull.

And now I have this curious book of hers. A journal of some kind. Also odd that I felt compelled to write in it.

Either way, I sold her belongings off to Thongar. But this book I couldn't. I'll keep it for now. And I'll keep it quiet. No need to turn over anything to Neminda when I see her. I'll just claim the fetcher had nothing on her of value like most outlaws. Even if she asked around Thongar would have my back. I always have his.

In the morning I'll head to Ald'ruhn and report the news. And collect the bounty. It will feel good to have some real coin in my pocket for once.

MORROWIND SPECIFIC RESTRICTIONS
------------------------------------------
Shalil Vedran
- must apply level points to strength/endurance/agility
- major skills (block, armorer, medium armor, heavy armor, blunt weapon)
- minor skills (long blade, axe, hand-to-hand, athletics, unarmored)
- may only carry 40% of carry ability (comparable with differences in Morrowind weights)
- normal difficulty (Morrowind is inherently more challenging, and DEAD IS DEAD is still in effect)
- must eat 3 meals a day via ingredients (no real 'food' supply in Morrowind)
- not allowed to use the in-game maps
- must start with the following:
--- common pants and shirt
--- full set of bonemold armor
--- steel mace
--- 6 bargain restore health potions
--- 2 bargain potion of fatigue
--- 3 journeyman repair hammers
--- 251 gold

BIGwooly

Oh noes! D=

But it should be pretty cool to see things from a Morrowind native's point of view.

I had a 7-month hiatus from my Xbox because of work and personal stuff. The night I fire it back up and go to play my character gets killed, lol. I was like NOOOOOOOOOO ... and I've spent the last week or more building this character up. Haha.

BIGwooly

Loredas / Midday

I think I slept the entire way to Ald'ruhn. That's saying a lot, as a silt strider is not exactly a smooth ride.

I have mixed feelings on my situation at the moment. Neminda made no mention of the bounty when I spoke with her. No doubt she is planning on keeping it for herself. I should be angry, and in some sense I am, but she also spoke with me about a promotion within House Redoran. Coin in my pocket would be nice but a promotion could be as well. Khuul is not the most interesting little village to patrol all day every day.

Apparently this guar herder Drulene is having some trouble with bandits. I remember helping this woman some time ago, when I was just a recruit in House Redoran. Seems she's still having issues. I'm not surprised. She lives in the middle of nowhere. I got horribly lost the first time I tried to find her. Hopefully that doesn't happen again today.

I think I better pick up some extra supplies for the journey just in case.

BIGwooly

Loredas / Evening

I've decided to wait until morning to head out to Drulene's. I spent longer than anticipated shopping for supplies and I don't fancy wandering about in the dark in an ash storm.

My shopping was worthwhile, though. In addition to procuring food for the trip and a few additional potions, I wandered into an enchantment shop and found a very nice enchanted mace for sale. It cost me half my remaining gold, but I think it will be well worth it, especially since I'm expecting to face some serious trouble carrying out my duties for Neminda.

But that's for tomorrow or the next day. Tonight I'm taking a break and having a drink. Perhaps I'll read through the rest of the book as well.

Twiffle

Generally, no. It's usually written to make it seem like a diary, instead of a vlog.

so basically you make the rules as hard as possible to look good, but we actually dont know if its true or not,, sounds fishy to me,, maybe i can make a diary up as well and look good, , sorry but this is just an honest opinion only.

BIGwooly

so basically you make the rules as hard as possible to look good, but we actually dont know if its true or not,, sounds fishy to me,, maybe i can make a diary up as well and look good, , sorry but this is just an honest opinion only.

Do whatever you want, lol.