Immortal Words - Saurano Direnni

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Yeah. I have no idea why he is essantial though. Maybe he only exists to make Windhelm a place of *ahem* undieing prejudice.

He's a Thieves Guild job target, but there are plenty of those who aren't essential...

Maybe they knew just about everyone would try to kill him and so they made it impossible to do so?

BIGwooly

Yeah. I have no idea why he is essantial though. Maybe he only exists to make Windhelm a place of *ahem* undieing prejudice.

So he's an unkillable NPC? Damnit. I really hate stuff like that. Everyone should be killable. Grrr.

BIGwooly

You can challenge him to a brawl and win his gold, if that makes you feel a bit better...

Not really. I want to burn his ass. Besides, my vamp would probably get his butt kicked in a fist fight, lol.

Kaleia

Not really. I want to burn his ass. Besides, my vamp would probably get his butt kicked in a fist fight, lol.

Yeah, my Zoran got his ass handed to him when he decided to stick up for Dunmer (which he developed a halfway creepy respect for). It was the first time I'd ever lost a brawl in Skyrim. Then again, it was on master, and Zoran was wearing very light armor...of course, he later ended up killing the inn's bard, so it evens itself out.

BIGwooly

Morndas Morning / Eastmarch Hold

I told that drunkard to stay put. If he had listened he wouldn't be dead like his friends. But that's the problem with spirited drink. People fill their bellies and stop using their brains.

My name is Ariana, and it looks like this book is mine now. I haven't read the whole thing, but I can tell it's a journal. I don't have much use for such a thing other than taking notes, and I already have a small roll of paper for that. But there's something special about this book. I'm not even sure why I'm writing in it. I just felt … compelled to do so.

Anyways, it's light enough and won't be a burden. Worth hanging onto at least until I can figure out what makes it so appealing.

Since I'm doing this I may as well introduce myself a bit better. I am the redguard known as Ariana. Like most of my people I don't have a family name, but unlike most of my people I don't take issue with the empire or the aldmeri. Whoever puts gold in my palm gets a smile from me.

I've been tracking the Lloran sisters for some time now, all the way from Morrowind in fact. It's not that I was that interested in them specifically. One vampire's ash is as good as another as far as my employer is concerned. But my employer had told me that the Lloran family was sending it's sisters to Skyrim to an unnamed cave, which the Avani family was currently using. So from my perspective, and my employer's, these two vampires were leading me to many more. And that meant more ash for my employer and more gold for me.

My employer is a Telvanni wizard and that is all I will write about him. He is powerful, and would probably kill me in a horrible way if I spoke his name. I can't imagine if I wrote it in a book. What he wants with vampire ash I don't know, and I don't care. All I know is he is paying me to collect at least twenty samples, and if I collect more I receive a additional gold. And that sounds good to me.

So I was headed from Whiterun to Windhelm, having caught wind that a vampire appeared in one city and was likely headed to the other. I had lost the trail of the sisters while in transit between Morrowind and Skyrim, and had just recently picked it up again when I arrived in Solitude. A fairly reliable source sent me to Whiterun, and there I discovered the trail was hot again.

I was a bit over halfway to Windhelm, walking through the night in the hopes I would catch up with either Nireli or Velyna there … when out of the darkness a drunken fool ran right up to me screaming bloody murder about his friends and a vampire and how they were all going to die. I thought drink was supposed to calm the nerves.

In the brief time I had to ask my few questions the man was able to say they had come across a dark elf in dark robes attempting to enter a house next to a mill. When they approached the elf and she turned around they realized she was a vampire, and from the sound of it, in full form.

Upon seeing this the drunken idiots attacked the vampire, probably out of fear, and probably motivated by the drink in their blood as well. Their confidence, however, didn't match their abilities and one of them was apparently dead within seconds. The second continued fighting, while the third ran off in fear with near fatal injuries himself.

And this one managed to run right into me, a skilled and experienced vampire hunter. Luck was with him tonight even if his brain was not.

I told him to get off the road and hide in the brush and keep his mouth shut. I walked back up the road a bit to a better spot for an ambush. I was certain the vampire would come look for the third drunkard as soon as she was done with the second. He would be my bait, and if he kept his mouth shut, would survive the night and have a great story to tell back at the inn.

But that's not how it went, of course. The vampire came up the road, and I could barely see her. I didn't move a muscle, as I was sure the demon elf was using her enhanced vision to look for the remaining drunkard.

Not entirely unexpected, the drunkard gave into his fear and ran out to attack the vampire, presumably before the vampire found him. It doesn't really make sense, but then I don't drink strong spirits so I guess I don't relate.

Either way, the vampire handily killed the man as if he was no more than a disabled rabbit. She bent over to examine his body and I made my move. Vampires are generally weak to fire, but especially when they haven't fed in a number of days. I knew from asking just a few questions that this vampire was in such a state, and my flame spell would do her great harm.

She seemed oddly surprised and yet confident as she faced me. Perhaps she underestimated my abilities, or perhaps she was just in blood lust from killing three men so easily, but either way she charged at me and unleashed flame magic of her own.

She had great power in her fingers but her weakness to fire proved to be fatal. Even the natural resistance of her dark elf blood didn't offer much help. I killed her quite quickly in comparison to others.

And according to the previous writings in the book I have killed Velyna. And it would appear her sister is dead as well. This is not good news, as I had hoped they would lead me to the Avani family. Still, there may be information in this book to help reveal the location of this mystery cave. I suppose I'll have to do some reading and find out.

Interesting. For a reguard of few words and even less writing, I can't for the life of me figure out why I just wrote all of this.

This book is truly peculiar.

CHARACTER SPECIFIC RESTRICTIONS
------------------------------------------
Ariana
- must apply level points in a 2-2-1 fashion (magicka-health-stamina)
- may only use destruction magic
- may not use/learn shouts
- may only use single-handed axes
- may not use a shield
- may not wear a helmet
- may only carry 20% of carry ability
- may not move while crouched
- may not pick locks
- must start with the following:
--- banded iron armor
--- iron boots
--- iron guantlets
--- iron war axe
--- silver necklace (family heirloom)
--- potion of minor healing
--- potion of minor stamina
--- 2 samples of vampire dust
--- 512 gold

BIGwooly

RESTRICTION UPDATE:

Horses must now be fed only fruits or vegetables. Sooo, no cheese or salmon meat or nordic ale, lol.

Vampirism must be cured within 1 hour GAME TIME. Having 3 days makes it too easy. You can basically get anywhere in Skyrim in 1 day, so theoretically no one would ever get infected without being cured at a temple or by potion. Now, if you don't have a potion on you the odds are pretty scary.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
Aww, but they're Nordic horses, shouldn't they be able to drink Nord mead? :p
They can drink all the Nord mead they want, but it will only let them run a little longer since it only restores stamina and not health anyway! :D

My question is can a restore health potion be used on a horse in a pinch?

BIGwooly

They can drink all the Nord mead they want, but it will only let them run a little longer since it only restores stamina and not health anyway! :D

My question is can a restore health potion be used on a horse in a pinch?

No. For the character, yes. You know the old saying ... "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him -----." Heheh.

BIGwooly

Tirdas Evening / City of Windhelm

Well, I arrived in Windhelm yesterday and slept half the day. That's what happens when you travel through the night and have a run in with a vampire. And I don't generally travel at night for that very reason. Anyone with any brains knows it's best to journey with the light.

I did manage to go through this book yesterday. A mildly interesting read. Seems I'm not the only one that was drawn to write in it. Although I might have to put this indestructible nature to the test. Maybe once I've gotten my use of the information inside it. I think my flame spell would curl these pages in a blink.

From what I can tell, a khajiit managed to stumble on the very cave the Avani are attempting to claim. She then managed to get herself killed by Velyna, but only after killing Velyna's sister. And Velyna had left the cave on a mission to hire help so she could finish her business with the Avani. And then I killed her. Pretty simple stuff.

The trick is figuring out where this cave is at. Judging from what I've read, it's somewhere in the pass above the village of Ivarstead. I probably passed it on my way here. The irony of that is not lost on me, but I can't say it strikes me as funny either. My back and feet are plenty tired from this commission already.

It was good I ran into Velyna, although I wish I had been able to interrogate her before killing her. I didn't really expect her to perish so quickly. The information I'd been given seem to indicate she was a bit more powerful. Oh well.

As I was saying it was good I ran into her. Her death meant I now had two samples of vampire ash. And lucky for me she was carrying a fine amount of gold. Just over five hundred pieces to be exact. The amount she needed to hire a sword. I only had six septims in my pocket when we crossed paths, so I was happy to add another five hundred.

Today I hung out in Candlehearth Hall, after getting up rather late again. I'm getting too use to sleeping in late. But when you're no longer an apprentice and don't answer to some overbearing lug of a man every morning, well ... it's pretty easy to sleep in late.

But I did eventually get up and spent some time talking to anyone willing to take a seat next to me at the bar. I've found this is often a great method to get good information without shelling out the coins. One individual in particular caught my interest. A coarse man named Rolff, who frankly wouldn't shut up about the dark elves and how they are ruining Skyrim. I had half a mind to lop his head off right there in the bar, and not because I care about dark elves, but because this fellow has the personality of a pile of dung.

It didn't take long for me to realize that this was the man in book. The man that Velyna had lit ablaze only two nights before. The man that had nearly killed her despite being engulfed in flame. And in the end, the man that caused her to flee Windhelm and run straight to me. I still don't know whether to thank the guy or remove his ugly head.

After getting my fill of the locals I headed out to the shops. I didn't have any disease-curing potions left, not after using my last one thanks to Velyna. So I found the city's alchemist and traded him a stamina potion and two hundred and forty gold pieces to get my hands on the essential drink.

It's astounding to me that people actually travel without these potions. Vampires aside, there are plenty of creatures that can attack you in the wild and give you a nasty disease. But considering there are vampires about as well ... I don't know, it just seems stupid to go anywhere without a cure potion.

Evening is settling in, so I'm off to what these local riffs call the grey quarter. The barmaid here in the inn gave me a good tip that some place called the Corner Club is a good place to get a drink. Well, I don't drink, but it sounds like a good place to get information to me. And besides, I don't think I can bear to listen to one more song about the glory of the stormcloaks. These dark elves better have some decent music going.

Kaleia

Isn't the Windhelm bard friggin' annoying? O.O

I love the personality. It is incredible how easily you seem to transition between char to char. I feel like I already know her, that's how well this is written.