If You Were the Dragonborn, Which God (Daedra), or Fake god (Aedra), Would You Serve/Worship?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Landon783

I'd go with Nocturnal. She's not as much of an ass as some of the other Daedra, but she's not a self-righteous douchebag like the Aedra.

Examples:

When Karliah failed (miserably), Nocturnal didn't kill her and cut off her legs for eternity. Karliah had the opportunity to serve any other God, or choose any other path in life.

When the DB fell in that pit, how many other Daedra would have left you there to die? She didn't.

Now, I'm not saying she's a saint, but if I were to worship anyone, they better damn well deserve the worship

My favorite Daedra is Nocturnal, and favorite Aedra is Dibella. Lady Luck (Nocturnal) is my favorite over all because she helps with luck and is a matron of the thieves guild, and her blessing adds some to speechcraft. I agree with Pretty Vampires, She isn't an a** like the other daedra, all that she asks is that you protect the sepulcher. I was caught a bit off guard when i found out you didn't have to
Eat a priest? Murder a friend? Beat an old man to death?
. I actually had to look up whether she was a daedra or not bc she doesn't seem like one at all.

And in my character's biography, Dibella's blessing is passed down from her mother Muiri of markarth(where the temple of Dibella is located) and Nocturnal's blessing is passed down from her father, Landon(my character from when i first played skyrim when it came out) and my character Miruki walks the pilgram's path to the sepulcher before, Mercer steals the skeleton key, and when she completes it, since she was born on Nocturnal's Day (3rd of Hearthfire), and she has both Nocturnal and Dibella's blessings from her parents, Nocturnal offers her an additional agent called the Agent of Beauty(where Dibella's importance in my character's life comes from). Also Dibella's Amulet adds to speechcraft(my favorite skill followed by sneak)
If anyone's interested you can read her brief bio here---> http://landon783.deviantart.com/art/Skyrim-RP-ID-Miruki-349348232
and I'm working on a full bio going in detail, if anyone's interested it will be posted on my Deviant Art as Literature and/or as a blog here on this site, but I'm still working on it.

original_funk

Iron is coming
Fake Gods? The divines are real. Akatosh makes a dramatic appearance in Oblivion, and I believe you can do a quest for Talos in Morrowind (not sure though, haven't played it).
Also praying to the shrines actually has an effect on your player. If they weren't real then surely they wouldn't work, right?

Anyway I like the ideas behind all the divines, but if I were Dragonborn I'd probably worship Talos most of all, especially if I were one of the men races. And being Dragonborn himself, there's definitely a connection between the two.

However out of the Daedra, either Hircine, Meridia, Azura or Malacath (and a part of me also likes Sanguine). All the others are either evil or force you to do terrible things. Or just batplops crazy.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
There is no way I'd serve any of the daedra. I don't even like playing characters who serve them. Eat a priest? Murder a friend? Beat an old man to death? Screw you, Oblivion Walker Achievement! Even the neutral or nice ones annoy me a little. Put me down, Meridia!

Probably Mara because love and compassion are nice things, and I would want to serve something nice and optimistic, trying to leave the world a better place.

But certainly not Dibella. I'm way too conservative to make worshipping Dibella viable.
YUCK! Give me cannabilism, murder and bad dreams over peace, love and tranquility any day! Of course ya gotta luv bossy ole Meridia!

Daelon DuLac

There is no way I'd serve any of the daedra. I don't even like playing characters who serve them. Eat a priest? Murder a friend? Beat an old man to death? Screw you, Oblivion Walker Achievement! Even the neutral or nice ones annoy me a little. Put me down, Meridia!

Probably Mara because love and compassion are nice things, and I would want to serve something nice and optimistic, trying to leave the world a better place.

But certainly not Dibella. I'm way too conservative to make worshipping Dibella viable.
YUCK! Give me cannabilism, murder and bad dreams over peace, love and tranquility any day! Of course ya gotta luv bossy ole Meridia!
Sorry to offend disagreer. I'm all romantic and sweet, nice or optimistic in real life so and don't care about religion, kids or do-gooding. No matter how much I try, I just can't RP that in the game either. To each his own!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
My considerations:

Meridia, because I despise the undead, and in rl I despise zombie crap the media keeps feeding us. She is also the first immortal and powerful being I was exposed to in the ES. I don't care about her being bossy and all. I'm a submissive person typically, and fiercely loyal.

Boethia, so I can kick Molag Bal's as*.

Mehrunes Dagon, because I like to think I can lessen the evil if it is at my command, I have a bit of a violent and ruthless side, and he is not only lord of destruction, but change as well. Not to mention Dremora are badas*.

Akatosh, because I like dragons and he seems all heroic and stuff.

Nocturnal, because I can be stealthy, l wouldn't mind some good luck for a change, and she's not so bad.

Azura, because I love the sound of her voice and theirs that whole future and fate thing.

Sheogorath, because I'm a bit crazy myself, the guy is hilarious, and he's a genius. I admire intelligence and crazy people who are also cunning, calculating, and smart are awesome.

Alduin, being on the winning side and I like dragons.

Hermaes Mora, because he is intelligent cunning and calculating. He is a badas* who seems to know everything, and everything seems to be apart of his master plan.

I would side with any of these because the immense power they can offer me, as well as the opportunity to better myself. However, my ambition would not stop at being a servant or something that gets some magic enhancements and gifts. I would drive a hard bargain and accept nothing less than great power, and immortality. The daedra whom offers deals people often come to regret, I would consider, because I would at least be able to trust him to give me what I want.

I would, however, be more drawn to a female. I'm a guy after all. In the end, though, it would be between Meridia, Azura, and Akatosh. No matter who I sided with, however, Molag Bal will always be an enemy of mine.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
I'd have to say its a tie between hermaeus mora and nocturnal.I've always thought of myself as an intellectual and what Mora offers for servitude seems like a good fit.Nocturnal basically because I tend to be a thief/assassin on most playthroughs.Fluff the Divines..they're boring..

Staff member
I'd have to say its a tie between hermaeus mora and nocturnal.I've always thought of myself as an intellectual and what Mora offers for servitude seems like a good fit.Nocturnal basically because I tend to be a thief/assassin on most playthroughs.Fluff the Divines..they're boring..
And *you* would find Dibella boring? XD
Akatosh had a deathmatch with Dagon in Cyrodil. That's not boring to me.(Is he a divine? I can't remember atm)
Some consider Talos a divine. That doesn't seem very boring.
I could go on...

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
What I meant was the divines dont usually interact with the living while the daedra do.

Landon783

I would choose Nocturnal because I favor luck and stealth over intelligence. I also like nocturnal's blessing and form better than the oghma infinium and a grotesque mass of tentecles.

Daelon DuLac

I would go with Kynareth probably. I like nature and stuff and Eldergleam Sanctuary is my favorite place to be.
Eldergleam is beautiful. I actually have a funny story about that place.
HIPPIE! Burn it down and build condos. Or at least piss off the tree and get everybody killed by spriggans...

By the way Gidian, what's the story? I posted my funny story earlier.

Staff member
I would go with Kynareth probably. I like nature and stuff and Eldergleam Sanctuary is my favorite place to be.
Eldergleam is beautiful. I actually have a funny story about that place.
HIPPIE! Burn it down and build condos. Or at least piss off the tree and get everybody killed by spriggans...

By the way Gidian, what's the story? I posted my funny story earlier.
For some reason, I suddenly feel less inclined to tell it...

Dr. Pheel

heavily armored khajiit battlemage
Akatosh for me. In Khajiit lore, Akatosh was known as the first cat, and my Khajiit supports his race with pride.

Daelon DuLac

Dravos Brayvern

Definitely Azura! Since Dunmer is my favorite race... It's quite simple. Plus, she honestly seems like she cares about you, especially in Morrowind! She seems more like an Aedra, she isn't all "B***h, do this!" like Meridia, and she doesn't tell you to go screw up the world like Molag Bal or Mehrunes Dagon!

Daelon DuLac

Sanguine. He makes Dibella look very tame.
I luv his wandering about the keep by the stairs gibbering to himself for the rest of the game. It's really a little depressing.

NordMead

Talos! As a demigod myself I admire Talos being a mere mortal then being lifted into the heavens to become the ninth divine.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts