• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Patches

"Mmkay, it says we should be....going..up this mountain? What in Oblivion?"
"Hey, at least it's not a DWARVEN RUIN."
"But it's a nordic barrow, it still has lots and lots of puzzles and draugr and crazy dead guys who want to burn me alive..."
"Actually, I think most magic wielding draugr are fr-"
"I'M TALKING ABOUT DRAGON PRIESTS, DAMN IT."
"Theres amother turn. Woo. It's either another puzzle, a trap, or lots and lots of dead guys who want to go stabby-stabby with Ancient Nord weapons.

xBadKarma

the Sloth Queen
I used to get lost in Windhelm and Whiterun (LOL) when I first began the game. I also used to hate it when I'd try to go somewhere and end up in front of a mountain. And then I found Clairvoyance, which is really helpful~!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
It's weird, but in my game, it seems like only the bears, skeevers and spiders ever attack at the Spriggans command. The deer, elk, bunnies and foxes show as enemies but just stand there and stare at me. They even run away occassionally. Weird. On my first playthrough I had a fox & an elk attack, but not since.

I've noticed the same actually. Foxes just seem to stare at me dumbfounded.

Anyway in an attempt to steer this thread back on course. :)

I still get lost looking for Bleakfalls Barrow.

And any location that is around that massive cliff near Solitude. And there are quite a few caves over there, and hardly any clear paths to them. The arrow is telling me to go straight ahead, but there is a huge f#cking cliff right there, and while dropping down is easy enough, I can't help but wonder how I'm supposed to get there otherwise. Plus I use followers a lot, and they don't like going down cliffs over mountains, so I normally end up losing them.

Are you trying to hit Bleak Falls from Riverwood? If so, that can be rough. I find coming in from the north side of the mountain is much easier. There is a giant camp right next to the path.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
It's weird, but in my game, it seems like only the bears, skeevers and spiders ever attack at the Spriggans command. The deer, elk, bunnies and foxes show as enemies but just stand there and stare at me. They even run away occassionally. Weird. On my first playthrough I had a fox & an elk attack, but not since.

I've noticed the same actually. Foxes just seem to stare at me dumbfounded.

Anyway in an attempt to steer this thread back on course. :)

I still get lost looking for Bleakfalls Barrow.

And any location that is around that massive cliff near Solitude. And there are quite a few caves over there, and hardly any clear paths to them. The arrow is telling me to go straight ahead, but there is a huge f#cking cliff right there, and while dropping down is easy enough, I can't help but wonder how I'm supposed to get there otherwise. Plus I use followers a lot, and they don't like going down cliffs over mountains, so I normally end up losing them.

Are you trying to hit Bleak Falls from Riverwood? If so, that can be rough. I find coming in from the north side of the mountain is much easier. There is a giant camp right next to the path.
Agree - just head for the giants camp between the mountain and the Western Watchtower and hang a left before you go in to it (otherwise you're in for a world of hurt)! Watch out for wolves!

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Embarrassingly for some reason, the area from Helgen to Falkreath, Riverwood to Falkreath and from the Rorikstead-Whiterun road to Falkreath always baffles me.

I can start down the road and assume I know where I'm going, and then suddenly I'm standing outside Half Moon Mill like an idiot. I got the letter from the Jarl of Falkreath (Hearthfire DLC) when I was in Rorikstead and decided to go talk to him. I ended up getting the snot beaten out of me by the bandits at Knifepoint Ridge. Go ahead, laugh... it's pathetically funny, I know! :confused:

Horrible! Too many damned pine trees! Up one hill, down the other, more pine trees! Surprise, here's a Spriggan that you can't see (because of all the pine trees).

Falkreath..... *sigh*

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

LotusEater

The little shrine like thingys on the way up are etched. If you read all ten of them you are supposed to be granted this:

Mine didn't work though fsm.
Okay. It's never happened for me. Besides, what a pointless thing, unless you're really, really in to killing defenseless animals. :)
exactly, the shout's not that useful anyway..

Maybe not for you. But I have to walk those steps a lot around mid game. It would be nice to even hang on to the power for the next trip up so I don't have to fight my way up every time.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Okay. It's never happened for me. Besides, what a pointless thing, unless you're really, really in to killing defenseless animals. :)

Maybe not for you. But I have to walk those steps a lot around mid game. It would be nice to even hang on to the power for the next trip up so I don't have to always fight my way up every time.
its great if you get annoyed by bears and sabre cats, but they rarely get on my nerves cause the bears have an easy attack pattern and sabre cats like wolves don't deal enough damage to be worried about..

LotusEater

Maybe not for you. But I have to walk those steps a lot around mid game. It would be nice to even hang on to the power for the next trip up so I don't have to always fight my way up every time.
its great if you get annoyed by bears and sabre cats, but they rarely get on my nerves cause the bears have an easy attack pattern and sabre cats like wolves don't deal enough damage to be worried about..

They rarely get on my nerves either. But for that one rare time they do get on my nerves, why not have an answer? I gotta walk the steps anyway. And like I said, I would most likely use it for my next trip up.

Daelon DuLac

Although ya gotta luv the ROAR, scratch, scratch... ROAR, scratch, scratch... move. It's WAAAAYYYY too predictable. At least they don't announce that they're coming like the bears do.

Daelon DuLac

They rarely get on my nerves either. But for that one rare time they do get on my nerves, why not have an answer? I gotta walk the steps anyway. And like I said, I would most likely use it for my next trip up.
Of course, isn't Kyne's Peace pretty much the same thing? Once I'm all up on smithing I like to use that shout all the time. I even use it to tame skeevers in my basement. Enough times and they become pets... :)

LotusEater

Of course, isn't Kyne's Peace pretty much the same thing? Once I'm all up on smithing I like to use that shout all the time. I even use it to tame skeevers in my basement. Enough times and they become pets... :)

Turns out the power is useless. It's not even a power, it's an active effect that kicks in when you read the last tablet. It would be way more usable as an activated power. Oh well. One less thing to do. :)

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Although ya gotta luv the ROAR, scratch, scratch... ROAR, scratch, scratch... move. It's WAAAAYYYY too predictable. At least they don't announce that they're coming like the bears do.
lmfao!! indeed, i know the move you're talking about and yes, its both funny and cute to watch.. you'd think as big as they are sabre cats would at least inflict minimal damage, their lundge attack seems to deal noticable damage at least but only when you're just starting out, i've even been attacked by them wearing no armor at higher levels and still the damage output is laughable, steel arrows deal more damage ffs! what an insult to sabre cats..

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
I also appreciate how bears stand upright occasionally, thus helping my normally overshot arrows hit them right in the face.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
I frequently get lost in Saarthal, at the beginning when I'm trying to find Arniel Gane. I nearly always play as a mage and I practically live at the College - I should be able to find him blindfolded by now o_O Not so much.

And Black Reach, I always get turned around in there.

Bjørn of Helgåfjord

Himintelgja - Heaven Scraper
i'd love to see how you're actually supposed to reach certain areas cause there are some which i've wandered around for hours and HOURS and all roads and paths lead to the same thing, a mountain..

Locations like..? Can you name a couple?
omg where do i even begin... lets see, high hrathgar comes to mind, i've never once found that place without fast traveling there.. you'll have to excuse me, i'm really bad with remembering the names of places on this game, i either can't remember them at all or i can't pronounce the word.
whats the name of that one area you gotta go on the very first dawnguard quest? yea that place is a total bitch to find too, i usually end up abusing fast travel to get there after hours of roaming around. the problem is mountains.... mountains, mountains, MOUNTAINS! i hate'em, too many mountains, did they really need so many mountains? fuk mountains. :Dovahkiin:

It's simple-you go to Ivarstead and head across the river and up the hill and keep on going. If you get lost going up, then either I don't remember how confusing the path is, or you're terrible at following paths because if I remember correctly, once you're going up to High Hrtohgar, you either keep going up, go down, or fall off the edge lol.

Jei El

We will be avenged.
My own house.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
Markarth makes no sense to me at all :/ whole place looks the same to me, and i rarely go there so i didn't learn the layout.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts