I made my own Skyrim pendant (3d print)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Iguanaman

I would put a flat piece of metal under the logo to support it otherwise it will break quickly. Also I would add a Celtic braid pattern to the ring itself.

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
The ring looks cool.
However, I'd be worried about the little point ibts getting snagged on something and breaking.

I agree, that tail WILL get hooked on stuff and eventually break off.

Mauli

Actual Alchemist

Slow Rider

The cost of 3D printing is dropping dramatically. To me, it's one of the more intriguing technological advances to come down the pike in awhile. Great job on the pendant.

Not to threadjack, but here's another thing that really made me say "wow" the first time I saw it - the water printer:

Novastar

wow that water printer looks amazing !!!
yes you are totally correct, 3d printing will grow big soon...im also very intrigued by it

Garrison

Wow, fantastic job.

On the website, it's hard to appreciate the subtleties of the different materials that are offered; would be great if there was a way that you could see a mockup in each material.

KANE OG

What an amazing job! *applause* Ok, no time to screw around, I need Quake II, Half-Life, Guild Wars... etc, etc. :D

Novastar

Wow, fantastic job.

On the website, it's hard to appreciate the subtleties of the different materials that are offered; would be great if there was a way that you could see a mockup in each material.

Yes its difficult to render exactly how it will look like in different materials.
Here is a description of the materials on Shapeways. click on more details, and then you see pictures how the material look like http://www.shapeways.com/materials/

wheato

Premium Member
Just an idea. For the ring, could you mount the logo onto a circular back bit? I think they call it a signet ring, but I'm no ring expert so that may not be the correct name for it.

redrkt

Premium Member
I want to get ahold of them and see if I can get 3d images to use for stereolithography and use our machine at work and make all the statues they show in the game to go with the Alduin one that came with the CE

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts