Review I just don't get what people like about this game.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
You don't have a very good sense of humor.

I became an article writer by offering to do so and putting out good articles. I somehow think you believe you have a say in how worthy or not I am of this status.

What? I was simply wondering...

I just didn't get the joke... And now all of a sudden you are claiming I am insulting your writing skills? I haven't even seen anything done by you. Show me something if you really want critique.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I just don't get why people constantly make fun of D&D (which i play), but they desire a game just like it. i am 100% serious, I know for a fact, that the people who play skyrim, would more prefer dungeons and dragons like me.

This would free the GOTY for something that is actually entertaining. The linearity of this game, considering it is made in 2011, is absolutely ridiculous.

I am not trying to come off very rude, but I just don't see an appeal for this game other than an entertainment value you could better get from somewhere else. This entire game is like one big meme, and I really do wish it would just die out.

So, I am open to any convincing arguments otherwise, or questions so I could explain myself better.

TL;DR: what makes this game interesting? Whatever it is, i am not seeing it.
To each his or her own. I happen to enjoy it and have spent almost every free moment since its release playing it. Like others have already pointed out, this is not a linear game. I am free to go where I please and do just about anything I feel like doing. I can stop a quest at any point to go do something else. I can even play without ever finishing a major questline.

There is some hand holding and lack of choice with regard to the quests themselves but the sheer volume of things to do and ways to play allow me to overlook that. They wanted the game to appeal to the majority and it looks to me like they succeeded. Whether it deserves GoTY is debatable with all the bugs and glitches but if it's not interesting to you then the obvious solution is to move on. If you have it set in your mind that you don't enjoy this game then no amount of reasoning from me or anyone else that likes it is going to convince you otherwise.

Mytheos

You made a skyrim forums account for this? Dungeons and dragons would embarrass me personally. As would cosplay.

I want to kick ass, enjoy a plot as written by someone else, and enjoy a character made by myself and customized as such.

Your only seeing the last bit. Not everyone wants to organize a game where everyone sits around a table.

People are into skyrim for its beauty. The game is not linear. Side quests galore. Its a do whatever you want game. I myself have made several different character types or hybrids. I guarantee its not as many options as we would all like. In a perfect world we could truly invent what we wanted to do, how we fight, and what faction we side with (I would like to be a bandit leader)

But at the end of the day we want what we have vizualized to be played out on screen for our entertainment.

I'm sorry friend but your extremely bigoted opinion means nothing around these parts of the internet. I suggest heading back to whatever bridge you crawled out from and go back to harassing those three little goats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
Look this is forum for skyrim not D&D. If your only hear to complain leave. Besides you asked what we found interesting about it and it all comes down to one thing and that is that it is awesome. Besides why dount you try raising the difficulty.

You made a skyrim forums account for this? Dungeons and dragons would embarrass me personally. As would cosplay.

I want to kick ass, enjoy a plot as written by someone else, and enjoy a character made by myself and customized as such.

Your only seeing the last bit. Not everyone wants to organize a game where everyone sits around a table.

People are into skyrim for its beauty. The game is not linear. Side quests galore. Its a do whatever you want game. I myself have made several different character types or hybrids. I guarantee its not as many options as we would all like. In a perfect world we could truly invent what we wanted to do, how we fight, and what faction we side with (I would like to be a bandit leader)

But at the end of the day we want what we have vizualized to be played out on screen for our entertainment.

I'm sorry friend but your extremely bigoted opinion means nothing around these parts of the internet. I suggest heading back to whatever bridge you crawled out from and go back to harassing those three little goats.

I am the extremely bigoted one yet you are railing on D&D? Oh btw you want to be a bandit leader in skyrim? In D&D you can Kind of do that. Saying it would embarrass you is like staying in the closet.
Look this is forum for skyrim not D&D. If your only hear to complain leave. Besides you asked what we found interesting about it and it all comes down to one thing and that is that it is awesome. Besides why dount you try raising the difficulty.
"Because it is awesome"

Wow, shenzisixaxis better watch out, because you might just be as good as him!

Friday is My Day!

I love how you came onto these forums JUST to trash Skyrim. Is there a D&D forum? Maybe I can create an account there for the sole purpose of trashing it and praising Skyrim. Seriously, if you don't enjoy the game, don't play it. Simple as that. :)

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
Okay look man I've played D&D before and I just like skyrim more. I gauss it's just a matter of opinion but just because your opinion is different does not mean you can ridicule people on what games they prefer.

Skyrimosity

When you can become a dual-wielding assassin and wipe out an entire village at your will in D&D, let me know

Mytheos

I love how you came onto these forums JUST to trash Skyrim. Is there a D&D forum? Maybe I can create an account there for the sole purpose of trashing it and praising Skyrim. Seriously, if you don't enjoy the game, don't play it. Simple as that. :)

Yeah this is what everyone is saying. Your just here to create dispute. Honestly everyone is kind of telling you off. Take the hint.

Epsilon

Shaun
this thread is another pointless one, if you dont like it dont get it and just troll others that love it. Its just gonna be an endless debate no one will win so let it go and enjoy the games you personally like to play and not worry about other gamers interest

BFP53

The game is what you make it to be....and after all it is just a game..this is my first game of this type..im a Quake, Doom, and half-life sort of guy. I have enjoyed this game, but the bugs in it seem to get to you after a while.

Have a Nice Day

Ironclad

So to all the D&D players, that's pretty cool and nice to know.

Are you laughing at me for playing D&D? That seems extremely polar to all the other nice people, yet you account seems more decorated.

Also, the dungeons and quests all seem so juxtaposed... So parallel it is like riding a roller coaster- from what i saw.

I don't really have the game, nor have I ever played it. So I see where all the D&D fans are coming from entertainment value, but I would rather sit through the lame new stuff than water myself down.

Dude. All video games are going to have some linear-ness to them, they are after all a self-contained story. Perhaps you could see Skyrim (without any possible expansion packs we are hoping for) as the equivalent to ADnDs 'Q' modules - whatever you do personally, the quest to destroy Lolth needs a set of actions to be fulfilled, certain paths to be travelled and dungeons cleared, journals collected.
This 'Q'-set is the highest regarded module series in the TSR armoury, yet is may as well be linear; you clear the Hill giants and discover a link to the Frost giants, investigating this path leads to the Fire giants and the Drow.. is it a story. So is the main quest in Skyrim, but there are many many sub-plots and areas for personal expansion / development, as in the 'Q' set.

Also, I don't see the DnD haters you are on about, I don't get why you are here defending this game. :confused:

Melee

I'm back, bitches
I don't really have the game, nor have I ever played it. So I see where all the D&D fans are coming from entertainment value, but I would rather sit through the lame new stuff than water myself down.

I'm just wondering how you can say these things about Skyrim if you've never played it? Doesn't make much sense. You're basing your opinion off of preconceived notions about how you would feel about the game. If you don't even have the slight interest in trying it, then I advise not wasting any more of your time and spend it doing something that's actually worth your time. =)

Alright then, but the point of the thread, to remind you, was to give me some convincing arguments about how the game is good.

So everyone here that is saying "don't play it if you don't like it" is saying there is nothing good about this game.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
Well, I guess if you're going to compare it to D&D, you won't enjoy it because they're two completely different games. Sure they're both under the RPG genre, but there are major differences between the two that don't really warrant comparisons. If you already have the mindset that you won't enjoy it because of how much you like D&D, or how different it is, then it isn't worth your time to play it.

However, if you do decide that you want to just give it a try to see how it is, I would suggest looking through some of the other forum threads to see what ways there are to keep it as close to a certain style of playing as possible. I've never played D&D so I'm unfamiliar with how it works, but maybe there are some ways that you can play Skyrim to make it feel a little more like D&D.

Bottom line, if you need such strong persuasion to play it, nobody is going to really be able to make you do that. You just kind of have to make that decision yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts