How did YOU get to level 81?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

trenzalore

I'll dip my cookies in your tears.
Alchemy and smithing usually bump my level through the roof, topped nicely by marksman and sneak

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III on Tapatalk

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
First time: OI glitch
Second Time: Resto loop + Legendary

Highest I've gotten legit is Lv 51 :\

Manmangler

Alchemy and smithing usually bump my level through the roof, topped nicely by marksman and sneak

My two previous characters has Alchemy legendary 10 x times :)
Smithing only 6 x times.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I think I got my first build somewhere around level 75, all legit, but after remaking that character (I accidentally saved over her) I used the Oghma Infinium to get to level 81, because I didn't feel like doing all that work again.

Out of all the other characters I've made, the highest level is 45.

Manmangler

Never been there and probably never will. Get bored around level 60 when it starts taking WAAAAYYYYY to long to level up.
First bump your character at level 52 before doing any quests. Then starting Dawnguard (Get rid of those pesky vampires at fast travelling).

In PC you got
- Falskaar
- Wyrmstooth
- Moontpath to ely... Ouch my tongue dont twist enought for that word.

Smaller Quest and doings
- Vilja follower eith Questline (MUST)
- Hel... (Check name from heartfire) Farm, move to farm and earn easy money, Just FIX that farm
- Build Your own house, Reclaim Luckys property and build your own mage/fighter/assasins/thief home with vampire/werewolf lair
- Helgen reborn
- Winterhold repair mod, (Forgot that nane)

Random places
- Northern ecounters
- Corners of skyrim

See all, collect all, to do all and PC player is in 999 level :)

trenzalore

What people are noting is cheating to me. Plain old vanilla do it the way the game was designed without mods or exploits. That's my way.

It never said that people had to state it how they got to level 81 on their serious save, or that their characters weren't alchemists, or smiths, or thieves and rogues. How is getting alchemy to 81 cheating?

I am at Level 60 for the first time because the Ebony Warrior is the only challenge I have left, but I am not sure I will continue for two reasons. First, it is soooooooooo boring. I have max armor with dual enchants, same for weapons. I have Dragon Aspect plus all the other powerful shouts, max Destruction etc.etc. Second, nothing I can do for the next 20 levels can make me any stronger, so waiting to meet the Ebony Warrior has become pointless, either I can beat him now, or I never can. I think we should be able to issue a challenge any time: if we lose, game over.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
What people are noting is cheating to me. Plain old vanilla do it the way the game was designed without mods or exploits. That's my way.

It never said that people had to state it how they got to level 81 on their serious save, or that their characters weren't alchemists, or smiths, or thieves and rogues. How is getting alchemy to 81 cheating?

I don't think Daelon means it's actually cheating. It's not like putting cheat codes in or using a glitch (though some people did use glitches). I think he means more like what they're doing isn't in the spirit of the game. It's manipulating the game in a sense.

There's nothing wrong with it and I'm a firm believer it's damn near impossible to get some skills up without grinding, taking advantage, or whatever other thing you need to do. I make a ton of light armor and iron nails in order to get my smithing up. There's just no real way around it, I don't think.

I often wonder what the people around me think as I forge 10 bazillion nails. I could single-handedly travel Skyrim repairing people's houses. I blow into town and every loose board gets nailed...as well as all the women? Sure, why not. They'd call me The Nailer.

Manmangler

I never used resto exploit and I have never used Ogma, even once. Ogma is always as books in my shelf.

But NO vanilla is not ok, never ok in Betshedas games. There are bugs that need to be squashed with unofficial patches (Those even remove some exploits). More there is some things that needed to change with mods.Dont get me wrong I own Fallout3/Vegas and Oblivion in consoles too (AND used many hundreds hours with them). Still there are things that need to when startin PC version.

Legendary came because peoples lose intrest playing after mainstory + one dlc, You have most time already hit level 80. So now continue playing allow You learn some perks, enchange for skill going DOWN. It even ad some difficulty. At level 50, perks in right places, enhanced armor and potions PC is walking tank with kill everything (Almost any difficulty). Before change to legendary, I never got level 60, I start new character. Nowdays I even legendary sometimes armor-, mage-, fighter- and thieft skills. So at level 160 is very safe when all skill are 15 and no perks (Two legendary dragons and dfficulty as legendary, Serena SAVE ME, SERANA PLEASE)

Just legendary armor skill and one/two handed and archery for fighters or magic skills for mages, no You are deep deep in (TROUBLES).

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I've got a master game at 79 which I intend to finish at some point. I believe I've done alchemy three times, though maybe it's just twice. I'm pretty certain I still have so many ingredients stored I could do 15-100 in one go no problem. I took the perk green thumb until reseting alchemy so I built up a huge amount of ingredients. Insane amounts of chaurus eggs

I leveled enchanting to 100 twice and can likely do that again whenever I like. I still have so many filled gems and rings to use.

Otherwise I took light armour, heavy armour, archery, one handed, two handed, speech, smithing and lockpicking to level 100. I reset speech, and I'm almost back to 100 with archery after reseting that. It's always easier to start again than having to do it all in the first place

Playing as an argonian, armour and blocking is easy to level if I remember to aggravate some giants and mammoths every day and stand there tanking damage with histskin. Very handy when you get past level 90 and can't just buy training any more

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.

Me too. So to me, getting to level 81 is a challenge. It's like, I haven't won Skyrim until I figure out how to do this.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I've got a master game at 79 which I intend to finish at some point. I believe I've done alchemy three times, though maybe it's just twice. I'm pretty certain I still have so many ingredients stored I could do 15-100 in one go no problem. I took the perk green thumb until reseting alchemy so I built up a huge amount of ingredients. Insane amounts of chaurus eggs

I leveled enchanting to 100 twice and can likely do that again whenever I like. I still have so many filled gems and rings to use.

Otherwise I took light armour, heavy armour, archery, one handed, two handed, speech, smithing and lockpicking to level 100. I reset speech, and I'm almost back to 100 with archery after reseting that. It's always easier to start again than having to do it all in the first place

Playing as an argonian, armour and blocking is easy to level if I remember to aggravate some giants and mammoths every day and stand there tanking damage with histskin. Very handy when you get past level 90 and can't just buy training any more

In other words, Hard work. Got it.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81

Okay that got tiring for such a lame joke but by the time I got to number 42 I was pretty much committed to finishing it.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

It's not, of course. I do it all the time with enchanting, smithing and alchemy, but I always regret legendizing them and starting them over. I think my comment was more in re: alchemy on the exploits. It's a glitch that you can create mega-potions (I think it's called the restoration loop?). I admire people that can get themselves up there in any way possible, but I just find that it becomes next to impossible for me to get above level 60 without getting frustrated that it takes so long to keep leveling.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

I don't think Daelon means it's actually cheating. It's not like putting cheat codes in or using a glitch (though some people did use glitches). I think he means more like what they're doing isn't in the spirit of the game. It's manipulating the game in a sense.

There's nothing wrong with it and I'm a firm believer it's damn near impossible to get some skills up without grinding, taking advantage, or whatever other thing you need to do. I make a ton of light armor and iron nails in order to get my smithing up. There's just no real way around it, I don't think.

I often wonder what the people around me think as I forge 10 bazillion nails. I could single-handedly travel Skyrim repairing people's houses. I blow into town and every loose board gets nailed...as well as all the women? Sure, why not. They'd call me The Nailer.
Thank you. I didn't mean to offend. To each his own. I'm just not comfortable with manipulating the game myself so find it very hard at higher levels to keep interested. For me it's always been about leveling and, without exploiting and when I do use them I feel like I'm cheating. I really didn't want anybody to think I was saying that THEY were cheating. They're just more skilled at utilizing the exploits that are available.

trenzalore

It's not, of course. I do it all the time with enchanting, smithing and alchemy, but I always regret legendizing them and starting them over. I think my comment was more in re: alchemy on the exploits. It's a glitch that you can create mega-potions (I think it's called the restoration loop?). I admire people that can get themselves up there in any way possible, but I just find that it becomes next to impossible for me to get above level 60 without getting frustrated that it takes so long to keep leveling.

I agree on the mega potions part, that you can make invisibility for minutes at a time. Maybe I didn't understand that since I don't use potions. I just make them and sell them. Apologies.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
81? Had a level 365 Dunmer... :eek:

I was checking to see how far one could level, but I got bored when I reached that far. No exploits, no restoration glitch. Just turning skills legendary.

It got to the point where leveling a skill to 100 from 15, only earned you one or two level ups.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts