• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
Nice. You could get a popup in the upper left part of the screen that says "Fetus resisted Iron Coat Hanger of Aborting (Legendary)."

ROFL!!!!

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
lol or abort the baby with a spell cast by a gay mage....that would really get them riled up

Spellsword_Kale

Article Writer
Haven't gotten to marry a character off yet, but my main is probably gonna marry another woman. Because I can.

Also, to whoever said that gay/queer people will play a game whether its gay-friendly or not... actually, no. Hardcore gamers might, but more casual ones, who can choose between games, will pick the one that is actually friendly to them. I know a lot of people who will avoid playing games where the PC is a straight white man by default, or where you can only create straight white characters. Or where the women characters are drawn really sexist or sexualized. It's more of an issue than you might think.

The great things I heard about the options for customizing characters - including same-sex marriage - is actually one of the reasons I went ahead and bought Skyrim to begin with.

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
I guess as a straight white male I never gave it much thought, but I can see how it could rub folks the wrong way to always have to play a certain type of character or see women objectified. Thanks for giving me food for thought.

Spellsword_Kale

Article Writer
Always glad to give food for thought! :)

Niflheimr

Haven't gotten to marry a character off yet, but my main is probably gonna marry another woman. Because I can.

Also, to whoever said that gay/queer people will play a game whether its gay-friendly or not... actually, no. Hardcore gamers might, but more casual ones, who can choose between games, will pick the one that is actually friendly to them. I know a lot of people who will avoid playing games where the PC is a straight white man by default, or where you can only create straight white characters. Or where the women characters are drawn really sexist or sexualized. It's more of an issue than you might think.

The great things I heard about the options for customizing characters - including same-sex marriage - is actually one of the reasons I went ahead and bought Skyrim to begin with.

You got a point but I don't count Skyrim is a casual game that a casual gamer would play.
You're maybe right, it would make some of the casual gamers more attracted into Skyrim, but at the same time it would make closed minded casual gamers stay away from it.

Spellsword_Kale

Article Writer
You got a point but I don't count Skyrim is a casual game that a casual gamer would play.
You're maybe right, it would make some of the casual gamers more attracted into Skyrim, but at the same time it would make closed minded casual gamers stay away from it.
No? Well, while it might not be a terribly casual game... I'm a casual gamer. And I'm playing it. So.

And to be completely honest, I'd rather frighten off narrow-minded douches than people who want to play a game that doesn't completely ignore, erase, or demean them, for once.

Edit: Oh, and facets that one doesn't like can be ignored/there are plenty of games that can attract said narrow-minded folk. But a lack of options is a lot harder to ignore.

svizz120

hey im sorry to be that guy whos asks a stupid question. but how do you get married? i didnt even know you could until reading these posts.

Kablewee

I'm not into inter species marriage :) I could never tell if the lizard was male or female untill they spoke lol

you have to go to Riften and go visit (crap forgot the name) some church and talk to the priest and he'll give you a amulet which when you wear it other people who are interested in you will reply when you talk to them about being interested in you. Then you get married in that church.

treacletoes

So what if it offends some people? people will be offended by ANYTHING! It's too violent, too gay, the nords racist, there's witchcraft, hunting, encourages crime.. etc
The well rounded peole know the game is awesome and that's the end of it.
The possibility of gay marriage in the game is great, and a positive sign of the times, although my elf is so picky she won't pick anyone of any sex yet!

treacletoes

hey im sorry to be that guy whos asks a stupid question. but how do you get married? i didnt even know you could until reading these posts.

Go to the temple of mara in Riften and get the amulet from the priestess, then wear it when talking to people, it's like a neacklace advertising you're up for it :-)

Guerito

Hehe, Christwire covered it already... :D

Just one quote (the whole article is hilarious):

"Skyrim has homosexual Kama Sutra techniques built into the game engine and also ‘groan moan’ functions. Children who play the game can ‘woo’ NPCs, then have an option to ‘fight’ or ‘make-whoopee’. If the player chooses the first option, a standard video game turn-based fight will occur."

SnakeEyes

"Skyrim has homosexual Kama Sutra techniques built into the game engine and also ‘groan moan’ functions. Children who play the game can ‘woo’ NPCs, then have an option to ‘fight’ or ‘make-whoopee’. If the player chooses the first option, a standard video game turn-based fight will occur."
I don't know what mod those guys are using, but I want it :).

That site is genius, the person who wrote it must be having a laugh. I feel sorry for people who think that way though. Seriously instead of being off running their mouths about skyrim actually being a secret "gay converter" for kids, they could be playing skyrim, and probably be having a much happier time ;)

I think its great skyrim allows gay marriage, its a good message for including people. Im a huge elder scrolls/epic RPG fan so I would have played skyrim regardless. But being gay myself this does make me feel more at home. Props to Bethesda.

Tokishone

Haha I love your signature, omg xD <3

Spellsword_Kale

Article Writer

LOL! That is hilarious. xD Considering the game IS rated M, though, they've really no ground to stand on... well, less than usual, anyway.

Spellsword_Kale

Article Writer
Haha I love your signature, omg xD <3

(Sorry for the double-post!) Hah, thanks! Can't claim credit for it, though. Just found it on the internet.

haha it would be even better if you could get pregnant and then have the court wizard abort it

plops that would be funny! It SHOULD have baby-production/pregnancy though, that would be LOL!

Back when I played the MMO City Of Heroes. There was a dude on my server who made a super hero called Homo Superior. Dude had a brilliant pink outfit with a heart on his chest, a pink cape, and short shorts.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts