• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Has anyone yet done this? And if you did, what female or male did your character marry? I'm curious, as I doubt many would do this. My main character, an Argonian (female) is married to Ysolda.

I do find it amusing that my female Khajiit, who married a male Dark Elf, gets ridiculed for not making HIM dinner.

My latest character, a homo-sexual Wood Elf who is very open about it, is currently looking for love. I think he might have found it in this dashing young lizard.

DSCN5549.jpg

Lee

Rasta-For-I
:D When I first looked at that pic. I thought the plaque behind him with the crab on it was part of his hairstyle.

Ravenna

Its eyes are black, its skin is white
Well, I'm gay, so obviously I take part in same sex marriage. On my original, but now retired, character, I was a high elf married to Derkeethus. I love argonians.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
It's cool how they allow for that in Skyrim as well as in other games like Mass Effect.

SaveVsBedWet

My character Krystynne is married to Jordis the Sword Maiden. Best looking discount dental team in Skyrim. Flashiest Daedric dental tools too.

M'aiqaelF

I agree. The evolution of the gaming industry to expand their traditionally narrow focus on stuff like this is encouraging. Games should be for everyone.

well the gaming industry used to be dominated by computer programmers, now it has become a multi-billion dollar entertainment juggernaut. Making games that appeal to more people just makes sense. I find it strange that you don't see religious groups campaigning against the allowance for homosexual marriage in these games, lol!

Lee

Rasta-For-I
Actually I'm also surprised they haven't now you mention it, thankfully.

Niflheimr

well the gaming industry used to be dominated by computer programmers, now it has become a multi-billion dollar entertainment juggernaut. Making games that appeal to more people just makes sense. I find it strange that you don't see religious groups campaigning against the allowance for homosexual marriage in these games, lol!

Disagree. Having homosexual marriage in games isn't profitable, a lot of closed minded idiots and religious people would frown upon such stuff.
Homosexuals would still play the game, Gay marriage or not. Stupid retarded closed minded people won't play the game.

I think it's cool to have such stuff, I'm gonna let my 2nd character (Was 3rd character but deleted the 2nd character save so now it's 2nd) a female Breton mage marry another woman. Thinking of Muiri.

Btw is it confirmed that this is done by purpose? Does the game differentiate between females and males?

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
I play a female always and the one time I did marry I married Cam from Riverwood. I don't understand why any guy would want to play a male character (you stare at them enough, make em cute!) and then not marry a female since you have to see them when you come home. (This scenario would work in reverse for female gamers... all men all the time.)

Long story short, I am glad they allow it.

M'aiqaelF

Disagree. Having homosexual marriage in games isn't profitable, a lot of closed minded idiots and religious people would frown upon such stuff.
Homosexuals would still play the game, Gay marriage or not. Stupid retarded closed minded people won't play the game.

I think it's cool to have such stuff, I'm gonna let my 2nd character (Was 3rd character but deleted the 2nd character save so now it's 2nd) a female Breton mage marry another woman. Thinking of Muiri.

Btw is it confirmed that this is done by purpose? Does the game differentiate between females and males?

they're probably not too thrilled about the use of magic either so they wouldn't be playing anyway, and they wouldn't like mass effect b/c there are alien races that also go against their religious beliefs

Slow Rider

Oh, you know they will. It's just a matter of time. "DON'T TURN YOUR CHILD GAY. KEEP THEM AWAY FROM SKYRIM."

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
There was an article about it pre-release so I would say yes. Also the game itself recognizes your gender in dialogues and comments from NPCs

M'aiqaelF

another thing, the younger conservatives in this county are starting to lean towards a more libertarian view of politics, hence the overwhelming popularity of Ron Paul in the 18 - 25 age range.

M'aiqaelF

Oh, you know they will. It's just a matter of time. "DON'T TURN YOUR CHILD GAY. KEEP THEM AWAY FROM SKYRIM."

haha it would be even better if you could get pregnant and then have the court wizard abort it

Niflheimr

they're probably not too thrilled about the use of magic either so they wouldn't be playing anyway, and they wouldn't like mass effect b/c there are alien races that also go against their religious beliefs

Nah, I'm talking about stupid closed minded people who still play video games. Check youtube comments, there was even a video where someone kills a NPC for being gay.
Closes minded people are everywhere.