• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Ok. This will not be my final armor set, but these are the first that I have created since reaching 100 in my enchanting ability, and they'll serve me for awhile.

Ancient Nord Armor set:
Armor of Supermassive Goodness (+70 health, +28 heavy armor)
Boots of John Goodman (+40% one-handed, +46% fire resist. I do not know who John Goodman is, I've only heard his name whispered on the wind near the throat of the world. I imagine that he's a great warrior, some dragonborn ancestor of mine from the distant past, or perhaps the distant future)
Fists of Mass Obliteration (+40% block, +25 heavy armor)
Face of Nordic Mocking (lockpicking 40% easier, Restoration 25% less to cast. I'm not thrilled about this helmet, as the enchantment options for it are of limited use to me. I don't use archery)

Jewelery:
Ring of Inevitability (+40% one-handed, +25 heavy armor)
Bill (+45% block, +45% one-handed. It's an emerald necklace. No name being whispered on the wind here, just the result of a mead-addled mind by that point in the night)

The weapons that I currently use are:
Nord Mace of Furious Bludgeoning (chaos. This isn't actually a new weapon, rather one that I made a while back that I had to pull off the rack because sadly, Ale Smasher was lost)
and the afore mentioned Skaal's Revenge (soul trap)

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
model coat and ring w stick.png

Also modeling the matching Fine Jacket and Ring of Bad Ass

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
TESV2014-02-1122-21-54-52.png

Raido's spirit blade, Nekura Seigetsu.

Bit of a long tale on this one but I'll make it brief and hit the highlights.

A close friend of mine and I have a running thing where whenever one of us gets a new car, the other one comes up with a name for it. Don't know how it started but it's been like that for a good while now.

Back in 2008, I got a bright white Nissan Altima, which is still my car today. The name my friend came up with was "Seigetsu" which was Japanese for "full moon shining in a rain cleansed sky." This is in part an obvious reference to the bright white color but in larger part is homage to the anime series Bleach which we both (being anime geeks) had gotten into watching at just about the same time. The lead character, Ichigo's sword was named Zangetsu ("cutting moon"). I liked the name so it stuck.

When I got around to playing TES Oblivion some time later, at one point I found a cool looking mod sword that was a nearly white katana. Thinking the name "Seigetsu" was cool sounding and equally fitting, that's what I named it. When I started playing Skyrim, a while into it I found a mod where the author had recreated the final release form of Ichigo's Zangetsu and posted it. I had found the weapon that 1000-some-odd hours later, my main character would still be wielding. When I got the chance to enchant it and rename it, I altered the name somewhat since it was a black blade and a white blade name didn't totally fit, nor did I want exactly what I had the previous game so I appended the word "Nekura" onto it which is Japanese for black/dark and thus Raido's blade is named Nekura Seigetsu, essentially making it mean dark moon i.e. new moon

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
View attachment 23882

Also modeling the matching Fine Jacket and Ring of Bad Ass

270?! Impressive. That is some very strong wood.
The funny thing about the damage rating on the Wood Stick of Dragon Whacking is it's about 85 points higher than Nekura Seigetsu shown above. Another example of me being fine with a drop in power to use what I think looks best and fits best. It's weaker because there are only 4 levels of upgrading possible and it's done using the forge and the existing sword as a raw material mixed with a few other materials to get the next level up. Were it improvable at the grinding wheel like the toy sword is, the damage level could be vastly greater.

One thing it does have going for it that evens things out a bit is that like most katanas, it is really light and thus I get three to four good hits with it in the time most people get one or two with a heavier weapon. Fits the style I had intended for the character perfectly.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
Most of my enchanted items are cast aside as I level so I don't bother naming them. However, I did name these two:

Arcane Bubble - Ring with waterbreathing enchantment
Soul Reaver - Bow with soul trap enchantment

Ruinel

Defender of Derp
I enchanted an ebony sword with drain life, and named it Biter. It's sibling is Beater, an ebony mace with a frost enchantment. Biter and Beater, they've served me well in many an ancient ruin.

Adam Warlock

Dual-wielding Ebony Daggers- "The Needle"(absorb health/soul trap) and "The Damage Done"(fire/chaos) *

*special thanks to Neil Young

chizzbot

I have a "Ring of Asswhoopery" (one-handed +39) and a "Bow of Burnination"... I usually name enchanted apparel simply, like "alchemy ring, alchemy necklace, smithing ring, smithing gloves, lockpick ring, etc. so they're easier to put on & take off all at once since they will all be next to each other in inventory.

LuChao

The Martial artist

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I usually use vastly shortened names for my stuff. Like "ConjIll Ring" for a ring of conjuration and illusion. Or "AltRest Ring" for alteration and Restoration, and so on.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I just started a new character. A nord, of all things. And, for the first time ever, a Stormcloak. I know. I feel dirty.

Elf-Foe and Legion-Fall: Two exquisite steel daggers, enchanted to fire and ice

Stormherald: Hunting bow with electricity damage.

Skalvundarr: Ancient Nordic blade with live stealing.

Ulfric's Bulwark: A hide shield with + to blocking.

And then I've got my Mer-hide Warboots. Made from only the finest mer hides.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts