Good Guy vs Bad Guy Quests

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pete

Is it me, or have you noticed the lack really good, good guy side quests? Well, what I mean, is that I don't get much satisfaction out of delivering/finding books/swords, etc... Helping a NPC here or there, bah!

The closest for me has been stopping the wolf queen or going after vampires. I don't know how anyone who plays a good guy can really get much satisfaction. All the daedratic quests seem to have a dark element that could easily trip up dragon born do-gooder. A good guy probably would abandon or refuse the quest. The point of these quests is to say no.

What nails it for me, is the lack of a fighting faction that is truly good. Are the blades the closest it comes? I don't know. The vigilants of sendar could have been a great source of good guy quests. But, I don't think they offer any.

I suspect most of us have become bad guys to get the most fun out of the game.

Mytheos

I also find that this game lacks the fable like feel that making goodguy or badguy choices added depth to your character.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

Panthera

Don Gato
I start mostly from bad guy than i have switch of heart and become good guy. :)

I agree. I am honestly having less fun playing my "good guy" character than I had when I was roleplaying as a serial killer/ psychopath. I have been considering finding a good reason for this good guy to become twisted just so I can become a cannibal or something interesting haha.

Or maybe that's just me. Maybe I should see a shrink... :p

Adam Warlock

good deeds never go unpunished but i`m slightly proud that i`ve made it to level 70 without a murder and that my lifetime bounty is so low. it will be another character that joins the Dark Brotherhood , etc.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Lol it was impossible for me to not get a bounty anywhere. The odd thing is that the evil path is so much more open and in depth than the "goog guy path"

Adam Warlock

some daedric quests are still good guy compatible. I got the Ebony Blade from the Whispering Door Quest with the rationale that the crazy kid of the jarl would get to it and murder his family in their sleep. when i got caught by Ferengar trying to pickpocket(my lowest skill) the key to get it , it was the very 1st time i had to pull my thane card out of my wallet. i took the key later when he was sleeping and that evil weapon is now locked up in the safe of my Arch-Mage quarters. needless to say , i will not be killing those who trust me in order to power it up. killing that funky wizard to get the Mace of Molog Bal didn`t bother my conscience much either

Mytheos

I agree. I am honestly having less fun playing my "good guy" character than I had when I was roleplaying as a serial killer/ psychopath. I have been considering finding a good reason for this good guy to become twisted just so I can become a cannibal or something interesting haha.

Just get tricked by a daedra. Fooled into their bidding. Maybe they are holding a loved one? The roleplaying options are endless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

epic 2624

good deeds never go unpunished but i`m slightly proud that i`ve made it to level 70 without a murder and that my lifetime bounty is so low. it will be another character that joins the Dark Brotherhood , etc.
i can't even go into a city without being asked to be taken to jail and then i have to kill all the guards. it gets annoying sometimes but its fun. it helps me level a bit.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

The cannibalism questline and accompanying dialogue with NPCs is worth it, it's pretty humorous, in a dark macabre kind of way. You'd be surprised who you meet.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I've always thought the game leaned towards the Dark Side. Two major questlines revolve around stealing and killing. Most of the Daedric quests are considered evil. The game even keeps track of how many butterfly wings you've pulled. Shame on you!

And it amuses me that I was going to get beheaded for crossing the border into Skyrim but IN Skyrim I can accumulate a massive bounty for crimes up to and including murder but my sentence is only to be sent to jail for a little while. Which I can break out of.

I can't even show mercy if I wanted to. If they say they yield and I let them go, when they recover they just try to kill me again.

So since the game obviously wants me to be bad, I am the aforementioned serial killer/psychopath. I'm nice to their face but if they have something I want, I take it one way or another. :evil laugh:

The cannibalism questline and accompanying dialogue with NPCs is worth it, it's pretty humorous, in a dark macabre kind of way. You'd be surprised who you meet.
Oh yes. I am definately looking forward to it! Being a kind hearted, protector of the weak has gotten old. It's time for this old redgaurd to get twisted!

Ironlung888

I'm level 40 as of last night, my highest bounty was 40 gold pieces(so far). It's not that I'm a "good guy" my character is very self serving. I just don't get caught, when I commit wrong doings. Both good and bad intentions are relative to you own perspective. That is true for both skyrim, and the real world as well.

DarkEastwood

my highest bounty is like 15,000 because i refuse to go to jail so i just kill who ever attacks me
I don't see how your posts are releventbto the topic... but yes there are ways to be a good guy. Become Thane of certain Holds by doing quest that benefit the citizens! Or be a hero by completing the main questline! There are a few other good quests too.

I think that the best way to be a good guy is do the main storyline, and either companions or college of winter hold depending on archetype, then do dawnguard for the vampire hunters. After that, I think the only real way to be a good guy is to go around skyrim exploring caves and helping every person who needs help.

This playing system is probably a bit less fun, but I believe that you can get more hours out of it than the few evil quests. Basically, there are way more good quests, just that the evil ones are much bigger quest lines, while the good one is many short quests. Ex, someone needs help killing necromancers who are desecrating their family burial ground. You help them, get gold, and leave.

BIGwooly

And it amuses me that I was going to get beheaded for crossing the border into Skyrim but IN Skyrim I can accumulate a massive bounty for crimes up to and including murder but my sentence is only to be sent to jail for a little while. Which I can break out of.

You know, you could just roleplay that if the guards take you in your character doesn't go to jail but is executed instead. End of character. :makes note for future character: d;-)

DarkEastwood

You know, you could just roleplay that if the guards take you in your character doesn't go to jail but is executed instead. End of character. :makes note for future character: d;-)
I did a rule sort of like this, where instead of just 1000 bounty for being beheaded, it had t be 3000. Also I think they were going to behead you for being (or at least seemed to be sided with) the Stormcloaks, which is an act of treason.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts