Game of the Year, after we've played Skyrim (with Poll)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

2011 Game of the Year

• Gears of War 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncharted 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

brandon

brandon

It's not without it's faults, but can anyone honestly say any other game this year has come close to the content and effort that is evident in Skyrim.

GOTY for me easy.
no ive been dissapointed this year when it comes to games. i bought gears 3 and beat the campain in a few hrs. and played the hell out of horde and multi player. traded it a few days later for bf3. love the story for bf3. still have it. nfs hot pursuit was tons of fun but traded it for batman arkham city. the only 2 new games i havent played are forza 4 and mw3 cause i havent been able to afford them. not a huge loss on mw3 after a few days all my buddies got bored and other then the story line they were dissapointed with the improvements to the multiplayer. never played any portal game maybe never will. halo remake is a waste in my eyes yeah its a ten yr anniversary but make a new game not pretty up an old one. dont get me wrong loved the first halo thought it was epic. but that was then this is now. it just seemed in my eyes that they got lazy. i havent seen the numbers on how many copies were sold but im assuming im in the minority here. there were 7 original books they can make 7 original games. so im gonna stop talking and say skyrim is my choice for game of the year.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
It's not without it's faults, but can anyone honestly say any other game this year has come close to the content and effort that is evident in Skyrim.

GOTY for me easy.
I'll be honest. There are some really great games out there that matches Skyrim level of effort. As much as I enjoy Skyrim and I do agree that it has a lot of content but it has many flaws. Content-wise, it technically has more than other games but games like TES better have a lot of contents... Other games like Batman: AC pays a lot of attention to detail and has a very excellent gameplay. Portal 2 is well-written, well-polished and very fun to play... and it also gets free DLCs. I do love Skyrim and I do wish it earns the title, GOTY but I am prepared to be happy for other games that wins the title instead because I think they are also very excellent (except for like MW3). While I respect your opinion, it's hard for me to stick with such strong claim.

jeff

I kinda get it. Portal was "underground". Not "mainstream" if these titles can be applied to video games. Modern Warfare exemplifying mainstream, Portal exemplifying underground. Portal 2 was an amazing stand alone game, an amazing sequel, and a game that deserves many accolades; that being said, everything pales in comparison to Skyrim. Skyrim is the definition of role playing game, and not only that, it steps outside the boundries of "RPG." I see many friends online that are typical "dude-man-bro" gamers giving MW3, Halo, even BF3 (which I do like...) a break and they are playing Skyrim. Quite a feat.
My friend is a huge COD MW fan! He buys everyone and plays it all the time. He recently rented Skyrim and said he played it for 4 days, grew a beard, and lost 12 lbs. He said that if he knew Skyrim was going to be this good he wouldn't have spent his money on MW3. That says a lot!

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
My friend is a huge COD MW fan! He buys everyone and plays it all the time. He recently rented Skyrim and said he played it for 4 days, grew a beard, and lost 12 lbs. He said that if he knew Skyrim was going to be this good he wouldn't have spent his money on MW3. That says a lot!
Haha love it. :)

One Person

Clay 101
SKYRIM GAME OF THE YEAR BABY! I THOUGHT BATMAN WILL WIN, BUT SKYRIM WIN WIN!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts