Game of the Year, after we've played Skyrim (with Poll)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

2011 Game of the Year

• Gears of War 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncharted 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hunter13Zero

Until next time, keep on gamin' on!
I know a couple GOTY threads have been posted, but I thought I'd start a new one now that we've actually played Skyrim. It's fun to speculate, but now we have some experience! These are the top five games that I posted on my blog (Gaming-Cuisine). If you think others should be the game of the year, post your opinion below! :) My vote is of course, Skyrim.

Garrison

Not to detract from your poll, however on a similar note I know that Dark Souls got great reviews. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but given the genre was wondering where it ranked with the best games of the year. Any consideration at all, or simply not on par with Skyrim?

Hunter13Zero

Not to detract from your poll, however on a similar note I know that Dark Souls got great reviews. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but given the genre was wondering where it ranked with the best games of the year. Any consideration at all, or simply not on par with Skyrim?
No way. You're totally not detracting. That's the point of this poll! ;) Dark Souls did get really good reviews. It is up for nomination in the "Best RPG" category. I am not sure however, that it will make it as THE "Game of the Year". Only time will tell, I guess! I'm sure excited to find out which one gets it! There are so many incredible games out this year!!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Nothing this year can top last years GOTY. :D With that being said, I'm torn between Uncharted 3 and Skyrim.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
possibly mw3 since it is cross platform............. My best bet though will probably be Skyrim since it is cross platform. GoW3 won't win despite it's awesomeness because it is xbox 360 only.

Hunter13Zero

Yes. Last year was Red Dead. Incredible game. Nikola, I have to disagree with you a little bit, because there have been Game of the Year exclusive titles before. Halo - Combat Evolved is proof of that. But you just never know these days. Gaming has evolved so much since then! Strange to think that was only 10 years ago!

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Dark Souls and Skyrim are both amazing and difficult to choose between but since Dark Souls isn't on the list I voted Skyrim, which I would of done anyways I think lol

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Not sure if Portal 2 is a candidate but I think it should be in the poll. Portal 2 is well-polished and perfect by its definition. Of course, I love Skyrim too but it has a lot of flaws... But then again, Skyrim is a huge game so there's bound to be some obvious flaws.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
portal 2............ ugh... wow it IS cross platform but.............. I don't know............ it's more of like a "cult" hit.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
ehh... it was rather hypnotizing, but Renegader asked me if I would change it. I was ready for someone to ask.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
:? I don't get what you mean by underground... btw I noticed you changed your signature. I will miss that gif loop :/
I kinda get it. Portal was "underground". Not "mainstream" if these titles can be applied to video games. Modern Warfare exemplifying mainstream, Portal exemplifying underground. Portal 2 was an amazing stand alone game, an amazing sequel, and a game that deserves many accolades; that being said, everything pales in comparison to Skyrim. Skyrim is the definition of role playing game, and not only that, it steps outside the boundries of "RPG." I see many friends online that are typical "dude-man-bro" gamers giving MW3, Halo, even BF3 (which I do like...) a break and they are playing Skyrim. Quite a feat.

Hunter13Zero

I kinda get it. Portal was "underground". Not "mainstream" if these titles can be applied to video games. Modern Warfare exemplifying mainstream, Portal exemplifying underground. Portal 2 was an amazing stand alone game, an amazing sequel, and a game that deserves many accolades; that being said, everything pales in comparison to Skyrim. Skyrim is the definition of role playing game, and not only that, it steps outside the boundries of "RPG." I see many friends online that are typical "dude-man-bro" gamers giving MW3, Halo, even BF3 (which I do like...) a break and they are playing Skyrim. Quite a feat.
I completely agree with you Deadhand. I am proof of it. The only RPG I have really gotten into is Fable. Other than that, I usually play Assassin's Creed, Halo, Hitman, Splinter Cell, Battlefield, Modern Warfare, Batman: Arkham City, and Gears of War. I have a ton of brand new games right now from the past two months of hot releases so I could review them on my blog. But because of how incredible Skyrim is, I'm hooked! I find it really hard to put it down, and play other games! Lol...

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I find it a little silly to put Portal 2 as underground category but that's probably just because I always look up to it as one of the best game ever made. Also, I like playing a lot of indie games so it's hard to see Portal 2 as 'underground' for me. I dunno. It is less popular compared to BRO-GAMEZ like MW3... which is pretty sad since I feel that MW3 only feels like a great game because it rewards player with points and rankings which triggers a release of dopamine in your brain etc... Portal 2 is like a great classic literature and MW3 is like a comic book or some gossip magazine. Skyrim is like a fantasy novel by J.R.R Tolkien. Stupid analogy, I know but still.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
None of those below would have a chance when it comes to quality, dedication, and originality. I am sorry.
TES series will always be supreme in comparison, even if it doesn't match it's competitors genre.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts