Game of the Year, after we've played Skyrim (with Poll)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

2011 Game of the Year

• Gears of War 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncharted 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hunter13Zero

Until next time, keep on gamin' on!
Wow, 21 votes to none! That's incredible! Lol.. I have played through Batman: Arkham City, and I must say, I think it has a pretty big shot at Game of the Year as well. Personally, I want Skyrim to win it. I think Bethesda deserves it for all of their hard work. Keep up the voting peeps! Let's blow the rest out of the water!

Corey

Jeeze Batman: Arkham City is an amazing game. It's tough between it and Skyrim. But I feel that Skyrim has so much to offer. From the detail and graphics to the world size and quests. It's a game that fits any genre except sports or turn-based.

One Person

Clay 101
SKYRIM=GAME OF THE YEAR!

MW3? BOOOOO!

Swordsmansmith

Depends on platform for Skyrim. Ps3 version alone Id say no since its broken and Bethesda probably wont fix it same as fallout 3.

Swordsmansmith

Also this poll doesn't include several other contenders that could take it. I love Skyrim but with all the bugs and glitches, game destroying lag that is solely from the way they made the game Id have to say no. A close second but GOTY should be reserved for a game/ team that doesn't consistently and more than likely according to IGN knowingly release an unfinished game.

Now if bethseda had released it working properly with only a few minor problems then hands down GOTY.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Also this poll doesn't include several other contenders that could take it. I love Skyrim but with all the bugs and glitches, game destroying lag that is solely from the way they made the game Id have to say no. A close second but GOTY should be reserved for a game/ team that doesn't consistently and more than likely according to IGN knowingly release an unfinished game.

Now if bethseda had released it working properly with only a few minor problems then hands down GOTY.
have you played other tes games? I know it sounds bad, but most fans are able to turn a blind eye as long as it's nothing game breaking, because it's how the other games were too. I don't know if it's possible to produce such a huge game with so much going on in the game world without their being some issues.
For all the problems people have been talking about, I haven't noticed anything (360) besides for a couple odd issues with the physics, definitely nothing game breaking, and for me, not worth complaining about (I might have experienced 4 or 5 different things, but it didn't negatively affect gameplay, just stuff more like "that dead guy's sword floating in the middle of the air looks weird").

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
All good points. I think the biggest thing is the competition. MW3 obviously is going to be difficult to beat out if for no other reason than the cult following. I feel like Skyrim has a really good chance for GOTY this year. Were it coming out next year it wouldn't stand a chance however, between ME3 and the possibility of Diablo 3, 2011 is Skyrim's best chance. I feel it is fully deserving.

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
Skyrim is GOTY. There hasn't been a critical view on it from the hardest critics..and all we do is complain about some glitches and bugs that can be fixed..once they are fixed we will find more to find that we don't like.

Skyrim is all around great coming from a deep halo gameplayer. I love FPS and 3PS games but Skyrim gives you gameplay that hasn't gotten boring/repetitive since midnight release for me.

Skyrim FTW. but be ready for Halo 4 next year ;)

Hunter13Zero

Until next time, keep on gamin' on!
There are several games that I didn't include in the poll. I stated when I posted this, that I included all of the games that were mentioned in my blog (Gaming Cuisine). :) So far this has been a great poll! I believe there are some issues with the game, but I can't complain because I too, haven't been bored with it since it's midnight release! I don't feel that MW3 will get GOTY because it's really just the same old Modern Warfare game. Even though there is a large cult following, and it's the number one seller out there, it didn't bring anything new to the table, accept for gameplay mechanics, and slightly smoother graphics. Skyrim has given players a huge arsenal of things to do in this game, and pretty much everything about the game is more than any of us had expected. I feel that Batman is a super close contender because it has brought gamers an even larger experience than the first game, and added a ridiculous amount of side missions, and challenges to keep you entertained for hours. Both Skyrim, and Batman: Arkham City are absolutely incredible games, and it will definitely be interesting to see who takes home the GOTY trophie!

Texas_made

Skyrim IMO. Ive been a hardcore shooter fan since i started gaming and i was just getting bored with the whole point and shoot thing and i bought skyrim thinking i may not like it but im totally hooked now.

I havent touched battlefield 3 or COD MW3 for about 3 weeks now

Swordsmansmith

The ps3 version is broken. After 60 hours or so the game lags to the point of freezing. The only way to experience all of Skyrim would be do different factions with each character and delete your old one.

Titanburner

Premium Member
The ps3 version is broken. After 60 hours or so the game lags to the point of freezing. The only way to experience all of Skyrim would be do different factions with each character and delete your old one.
I agree with you on the PS3 version being nowhere near the GOTY. The fact is though is the PC and 360 version of the game is DEFINITELY the game of the year. It is sad that PS3 got dealt the cards it did with this game. As I posted a week or so ago, the lag for the PS3 version was just unbearable and sadly the only fix to this is buying it for another platform. Am I mad about getting it for PS3 only for it not to work? Damn right. Did this anger fade about 10 minutes after I started playing Skyrim on 360 and noticed the difference and how amazing it was without lag? Damn right lol. Better to just suck it up and buy it on another platform, or boycott Bethesda, the government, wall street, and side with Occupy. haha (kind of ran away on that one.). Sad story for PS3, but nonetheless GOTY!

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
It's not without it's faults, but can anyone honestly say any other game this year has come close to the content and effort that is evident in Skyrim.

GOTY for me easy.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts