Full inventory... No storage.. Where do yu put your goodies?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
Isn't it a little declasse though? I mean really... holes in the walls, serious moisture issues in the basement... No shopping close by... i mean really... (believe it or not, my Argonian is a snob. For a guy from a swamp, you wouldn't think he'd be so picky on his homes!).
Riverwood is very close for shopping and being an Argonian you don't have to worry about catching a cold.
True, but I so hate drafts. Perhaps I can get one of the lads, perhaps that prissy bard, to come up and lay some new siding for me...

By the way, is storage safe there?
It is, I store my alchemy ingredients in the barrel, my book collection in the drawer next to the barrel and everything else in the dresser next to the trapdoor. I've found if you cram too much plops into one drawer or chest it creates lag when you look through your inventory, at least on xbox it does.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I just use Lydia as my storage until I can get in to the secret room at the Sleeping Giant. Once I unlock that room, me and Lydia take a nice walk and bond on our way to the Shrine of Boethiah.

I dunno if I'm the only person that does this.... but I DESPISE bringing any sort of companion with me. just call me greedy but I like soaking up all the xp I can get my hands on. I find it bad enough that I don't get the XP from traps & stuff I use to kill the harder guys. (like activating those spring loaded spike-door contraptions that flings the evil guys across the room)

so the only times I see the companions is when I'm in my house or Lydia is strolling dragons reach etc. and its such a hassle to find them when ya need 'em.

So far the best ideas I've read are the barrels around ward-maidens, and that witch-den. Ill just remember to NOT keep the herbs there as I wouldn't want em to go moldy in that cellar.

But its good enough place for my poor, anguished, wanna-be wood-elf princess.

I don't like companions either. I only keep Lydia close early so she can serve as a pack mule, meat shield and then human sacrifice so I can get my favorite armor. From then on I run solo when I can.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
Above Sleeping Tree Camp (North) there is a small puzzle in some pillar ruins. All you have to do is unlocking the trapdoor, open the chest, take what you want and put what you don't want. The skill book respawns and the things are untouched. (Tested it with Daedric Gauntlets and a Gold Diamond Ring (not the most common loot). PS3 confirmed, but the wiki says that it is the same on the other platforms.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
True, but I so hate drafts. Perhaps I can get one of the lads, perhaps that prissy bard, to come up and lay some new siding for me...

According to UESP it is a no reset area so it should be safe but it's a bit hazy as to whether it was checked properly. From the discussion page it seems like it was only tested in game. The reliable way to check it is through the CK. There is value for resetting for the cell that can be checked. It could actually be more like the Archmage's Quarters (not a safe area but all the containers are safe because the barrels etc. are custom made ones that have respawning deactivated). I'll see if I can find the cells with the CK and check their reset value when I get home.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

According to UESP it is a no reset area so it should be safe but it's a bit hazy as to whether it was checked properly. From the discussion page it seems like it was only tested in game. The reliable way to check it is through the CK. There is value for resetting for the cell that can be checked. It could actually be more like the Archmage's Quarters (not a safe area but all the containers are safe because the barrels etc. are custom made ones that have respawning deactivated). I'll see if I can find the cells with the CK and check their reset value when I get home.
There is another mage somewhere out there towards the mountains that has a very nice cottage with both tables, plenty of storage and a nice bedroom (plus he's out in the middle of nowhere). Does anybody know about that guy and that cottage? I could see moving in there. I've visited many times after I eliminate the homeowner and no one ever respawns and no new items appear.

AS88

Staff member
There is another mage somewhere out there towards the mountains that has a very nice cottage with both tables, plenty of storage and a nice bedroom (plus he's out in the middle of nowhere). Does anybody know about that guy and that cottage? I could see moving in there. I've visited many times after I eliminate the homeowner and no one ever respawns and no new items appear.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Drelas'_Cottage

This one?

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Drelas'_Cottage

This one?

Wow... that cottage brings back memories. I remember in an early playthrough when dragons were still totally blowing my mind, I ran in there for cover and starting getting my ass whipped by Drelas. So I ran out and starting getting my ass whipped by the dragon. So I ran back in and... you get the picture. Most. Load. Screens. Ever. I never knew that guys name but I ended up taking my death from the dragon outside. I don't think I've been back since. I'm gonna go visit Drelas later methinks. I got a score to settle.

Dagmar

It's a safe location. I checked the zone in with the Creation Kit and it never resets.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

It's a safe location. I checked the zone in with the Creation Kit and it never resets.
Now for the redecorating. A few roses, some drywall, maybe a sumpump... :)

Rabidius

buy a house and store your things inside it or simply use a follower to carry all your things..............

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
Also, if you tell ur follower to pick up items off the ground instead of giving them threw talking to them, the follower can hold unlimited weight. Takes longer, but effective u

Dagmar

When you start the dark brotherhood quest, you are taken to the "abandoned shack" to prove your loyalty to the brotherhood. When ur done, the shack can be used for storage. It's a great place because the one quest to get to that point doesn't require you to be very strong. This is one of the first things I do on a new play threw. Costs nothing and it can be done at virtually any level
The Abandoned Shack is not safe for storage. The interior cell resets. Players have lost all their items stored inside the shack by not revisting the inside of the shack in time to reset the timer.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
When you start the dark brotherhood quest, you are taken to the "abandoned shack" to prove your loyalty to the brotherhood. When ur done, the shack can be used for storage. It's a great place because the one quest to get to that point doesn't require you to be very strong. This is one of the first things I do on a new play threw. Costs nothing and it can be done at virtually any level
The Abandoned Shack is not safe for storage. The interior cell resets. Players have lost all their items stored inside the shack by not revisting the inside of the shack in time to reset the timer.
Sorry everyone. Saw it on a website a long time ago and have used it ever since. I guess I go to my storage a lot. ( I do) I will delete or. Post so no confusion

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Not a single one of my characters has bought a home yet. I use Anise's cabin every time when I first start out, and by the time I have enough coin to buy a house, I'm just too lazy to cart all of the crap I've collected to a new location. I'm not entirely sure how many containers you start off with in the Whiterun house (Breezehome?), but I like the fact that there are plenty of miscellaneous storage places inside Anise's cabin. Sure, the roof and walls are full of holes, but you can still sleep in the bed unmolested my wild beasties and still gain the 5% 'Rested' bonus. The cellar is very nice, though. You can leave whatever items down there you want, without worry of them getting stolen or disappearing. I have a separate barrel full of ingredients that my mage has collected for the last 47 levels, but hasn't gotten around to doing the Alchemist thing yet. I just fast-travel to either Riverwood or Whiterun if I ever need to use the smithing equipment.

I'm not opposed to buying a home, but just don't see much need unless I decide to get married. But who knows if that'll ever happen in my line of work. ;)

jfkcqt.jpg

Dagmar

I'm not opposed to buying a home, but just don't see much need unless I decide to get married. But who knows if that'll ever happen in my line of work. ;)
You don't even need a house for marriage. You can move into your spouse's house. I generally don't like moving a spouse into my home if they have a daily routine because once you move them into your house they stop doing it and just stay inside the house all day which is kind of depressing to me. I only do it for NPC's like Vorstag because he never leaves the Silver-Blood Inn anyway and it makes him more accessible to me if he's in Whiterun.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
You don't even need a house for marriage. You can move into your spouse's house. I generally don't like moving a spouse into my home if they have a daily routine because once you move them into your house they stop doing it and just stay inside the house all day which is kind of depressing to me. I only do it for NPC's like Vorstag because he never leaves the Silver-Blood Inn anyway and it makes him more accessible to me if he's in Whiterun.

That's good to know. I suppose it's a good thing you can't marry homeless people, otherwise I'd be living out on the streets with them. ;)