Frost, fire, or shock. Which do you use?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Emilia

the scorpion rises under the balsamic moon
i prefer fire... i use frost in cases where there are oil spills or tight quarters so i don't set lydia on fire. (she will turn on you for that... i know from multiple experiences!)

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid

durza1423

Fire. I use fireball with flame enchantments. I figured sticking to one would save me some perk points. I will use frost on enemies using flames though

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I'm partial to shock-based damage

Ironlung888

I use all three but I'm partial to fire. I work alone so if I see an oil spill I always hit it with fire. Nothing like torching your enemies, leaving them charred beyond recognition, and a closed casket service. Actually I imagine Nords would honor their dead as the Vikings did. Float them out to sea on a flaming boat. I just thought the closed casket thing sounded cool.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
They're all good, fire seems the most versatile (lower cost, damages more kinds of enemies than other elements)

Ice Form is a very handy shout for those annoying mages who run full speed backwards while spamming you with spells :mad:

rvk5150

I also use all three but am partial to Shock especially against magic using enemies; I like the idea of slowing them down until I can get close enough...then with their pajamas for armor they do not stand a chance against me one handed!

Gesar

Flame but I like to see people run around with ice spikes stuck in em, very rarely do I use sparks, not sure why though

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Shock, except for frost trolls when I use fire because they're weak to it, and the fact that everyone and their dog knows Flames from the beginning means I can use it even in non-mage builds.

mcfrg

Fire most of the time because it's cheaper.
Ice whenever I am a target or think I will be, to slow the enemies down.
Lightning vs mages because it drains their mana, or from longer distances because it's easier to use.

jolafer

I'm with you - I also favor shock.
Fire maybe looks better, but some foes are immune (esp in Oblivion); and in Skyrim's cold setting there are a lot immune to frost. Shock may cost a hair more, but almost nothing's immune, so it's worth it. Given a pair of shock-daggers, you can take down almost anything! :)

OTOH, I keep getting fried... so as a resistence, in clothes or armor, I'd rather be fire-proof.

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
Fire because it's the most versatile, but I'm thinking of trying frost or shock.

I like using shock my cheesy kill phrase on my Breton Pure Mage is "Isn't it shocking"

jolafer

Good point.
Fire does LOOK the best, and magically-retarded though my character is, it's flat-cool to go around with two handfuls of flames!
(It's the best explosive-spell too.)

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
I usually just go with a Daedric arrow to the kn... err... face.

But when i do enchant weapons, i usually use fire for the extra damage and frost for the slow

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts