Frost, fire, or shock. Which do you use?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I enchant my bow with a fire spell. So my enemies burn!! bi*ch burn!!! muahahahaha

But my sword has a absorb enchant. I rather absorb their health when I am in melee combat (because more then likely I am being attacked, and loosing health) so the absorb kinda helps keep me alive!

Other then that, I rarely use magic like sparks, ice spike, or fireball...

the only magic I use is to conjure flame or ice atronarcs (and storm atronarcs when I get the spell tome)

Ohh.. I also use fast healing to save my potions for when I really need them (times where I don't have time to use the fast healing spell)

I think I should be a pure mage on my next character build (but maybe not! :D)

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I've always been partial to fire. It does the most damage, and I want to kill my enemies as swiftly as possible. Shock may be great against mages, but I find myself fighting warriors or animals at least 75% of the time... and frost may be good to slow down your foes, but most of the human enemies you'll meet are Nords with 50% resistance to frost. You do have a disadvantage against Dunmers and werewolves when using fire, but I encounter them so rarely that it really doesn't make a difference to me. Besides, the advantage against frost trolls and vampires makes up for it tenfold, not to mention the ability to barbecue Draugrs when I come across an oil spill in a barrow.

If I could be a mage in real life, I'd probably choose fire, too. I'm a Sagittarius so I suppose I have an in-born inclination for fire, haha.

SaveVsBedWet

Dr. D'Irsei's dental instruments use either fire or frost, combined with health drain (aka Sedation Dentistry). She dual wields them together to provide both effects, because some patients are hard to get numb.

When not doing dentistry and thus not holding dental instruments, the Dr. likes styling hair for others. Nothing better for doing that than becoming a living taser. Tad too many updos and mohawks result though, but don't tell her I said that.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Frost. I don't care if 95% of my opponents are either immune or highly resistant to it, I'll remain frost. It's elegant, precise and doesn't flood my eyes (Fire) or ears (Shock) so aggressively when I'm in combat. I only wish I could build structures with that element. One mod used to do it but it was way too script-heavy.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Don't understand why you guys think nobody has a resistance to Shock. Ever used it on a Dwarven Construct? It's useless! Fire is the only element nobody has a full resistance to.
Fire is pretty much all you can use against Dwemer constructs. Frost is pointless and so is shock. Personally, I find a few whacks with an OP warhammer is far more affective, but, hey, that's just me. :)

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
I use a mix:

Frost, not used very often. When I do use it it's to slow them down and drain their stamina.
Shock, usually to sap their magicka and for big hefty damage.
Fire, if I want a heavy dps spell to do the job.

Overall, I dual wield shock and fire for vampires, usually a dps fire spell in one hand (like flames or wall of flames) or maybe even a fire rune, and use a shock spell such as thunderbolt or Chain lightning (depending on if I use fire rune or not for maximum damage). 'Tis so pretty when pl*ps hits the fan! >:3 Ashes to ashes... and dust to dust..

Use fire for bandit mobs, maybe a little frost here and there if there is a big guy running around. We know how THOSE guys are.

Plain ol shock I use for pesky mages. Fight fire with fire as the saying goes.

Frost, slow those tanks down a notch. Especially if lightly armored. Might need to make a run for it if things go bad.

I do NOT use:

Frost on Nords or frost atronachs for obvious reasons. Same goes for vampires. Also do not use it on frost dragons.

Fire on fire atronachs or Dunmer for again, obvious reasons. Also do not use it on fire based dragons

Shock is an all rounder. All except for Storm Atronachs.

Shock is perhaps my favorite because it is an all rounder. Very few are resistant to it except if the target wears enchantments to ward off shock spells. It's very versatile and has a good selection of spells for most situations. In a few situations however, it's best to combine them with other destruction spells or even other spells from a different school. That's what I like about shock, versatile and very open to flexibility. Not to say frost and fire aren't that with other school spells. But shock is just... very well grounded and safe. (Which is Ironic because ground... lightning... yeah bad joke.)

Except if you have followers... Fireball or Chain lightning? Better not use those. Because if you use them and hit them in the arse, you're not going to be looking at a friendly pillow fight. Lydia and others HATE having their butt spiced up with a little blue lightning or having it roasted like a chicken on a spit. :p

Rimfaxe96

At first I used shock only, but in time I went over to fire. Don't know, it's just more awesome to see how the environment around the targets burn as well, shock is pretty boring in that regard (and the noise annoys me pretty quick).

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
At first I used shock only, but in time I went over to fire. Don't know, it's just more awesome to see how the environment around the targets burn as well, shock is pretty boring in that regard (and the noise annoys me pretty quick).
I do love the disintegration and the twitching though. So satisfying.

Reaper87

吉光
Shock, because it's like Force Lightning, and Force Lightning is cool.
164b7f86bb8dca99ac3ff45841b6bcb7dc61ad4fb5ec965eb91e4950c3dacb92.jpg

If not shock, fire, because fire is cool too. :)

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
This is usually what I see when I use fire on my enemies...

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Personally i think shock looks the coolest lol so i use shock.
Welcome to the forums :beermug:

My only true mage character used mainly frost augmented with Dukaan's mask. Raiding Forsworn camps with Ice Storm is her favorite pasttime.

My Nord characters like to enchant weapons with shock and frost, storm enchanting. :beermug:

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
Welcome to the forums :beermug:

My only true mage character used mainly frost augmented with Dukaan's mask. Raiding Forsworn camps with Ice Storm is her favorite pasttime.

My Nord characters like to enchant weapons with shock and frost, storm enchanting. :beermug:
I like enchanting weapons with frost and fire, and calling it Freezerburn :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts