• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby
My current follower Erandur always picks fights with my storm atronach. Frequently he also ends up fighting other NPC's. Anybody else having fails like this with their followers? :eek:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Marcurio and Shadowmere used to fight all the time. The only way to break them up was to jump onto the horse.. and that was only after I managed to get in close enough to do it.

I once lost Serana in a Nordic ruin after she was squished through a wall by a battering ram trap.

Oh and never let Lydia near Skooma. I had her land-shark on me for miles and miles.. she could still talk to me but slid face down over the ground behind me.. It was seriously creepy.

I once accidentally "Fus'd" my puppy follower off a mountain... oops.. hehe

JoeReese

My current follower Erandur always picks fights with my storm atronach. Frequently he also ends up fighting other NPC's. Anybody else having fails like this with their followers? :eek:
Ronni, I suspect Erandur and the storm atronach are inadvertently hitting each other with the area effect of their spells, triggering aggression. The atronach, if I'm not mistaken, uses both cloaks and chain lightning, in addition to the standard lightning bolt. Erandur uses fire spells. It's not uncommon to have a follower or summon shoot an area effect spell at a target and get 3-4 npcs in the process. Marcurio once killed half of Riften during a vampire attack. I ended up choosing followers who didn't have area spells.

If you're on computer, I can tell you how to dial your atronach's chain lightning up to a thunderbolt instead. If console, you might try going back to flame atronachs for firebolt, or up to dremora for melee.

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby
I'm on PS3. Erandur mostly uses staffs. He has a whole collection of staffs. ;)

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Yeah, that chain lightning causes muy problems. My fix is to get ash shell and ash rune and hit everyone involved with it. It immobilizes them for 30 seconds, unharmed, and when they emerge, they've forgotten what they were doing.

My followers have hit me, instead of the enemy, with the staff of Paralysis more times than I can count. Often at critical times! That seems to be their epic fail.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
When Serana is my follower she spends over half the time with one of my arrows in the back of her head... that count? She constantly gets in the way.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Talvas from Tel mithyrn uses AOE destruction magic. Before I made him my winstad Manor Steward he had killed:
  • 2 dogs
  • 2 armoured trolls
  • 1 armoured frost troll
  • 3 rieklings
  • 8 zombies
  • 2 horses
  • Roughly (I may have lost count) 14 summoned daedra, 3 of which HE had conjured.
Even I had to jump out of the way of his ice storm spells on occasion. Scary stuff.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Something about the mod UFO: Ultimate Follower Overhaul that turns most followers into strait up gangsters. They'll always steal a horse if there's one anywhere near then when you mount up your own.

Thug life in Tamriel.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
It's a mod that adds a lot of utility to followers. The ability to change up their spells, the ability to level with the player. The ability to see all their stats in a window, to ride a horse. The ability to have more than one follower.

It does a dozen great things. It also turns followers into kleptomaniacs. Grand Theft Auto: Tamriel.

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
Lydia has a tendency to walk right into traps, even if I go around them. An amusing instance is when we were in Shroud Hearth Barrow and she activated a spike wall trap. She was pushed to the side, tried crawling towards me and as soon as she managed to stand up she stepped on the trap yet again and began the process all over again. This went on for nearly a minute mind you. Hell it probably would have gone on forever if I hadn't reloaded my save.

ColleenG

I have a Courier epic fail. I had to kill a "wandering pilgrim" (vampire) for the Dawnguard in Solitude. I tracked him until no one was looking, and came up behind him for a 3x sneak attack. It went into a Kill cam, and DURING THE KILL CAM I hear the words, "I've been looking for you..." Which means he SAW THE KILL and suddenly I had to kill every guard in Solitude. sigh............................

Afazha

Guys I have installed a mod called FCO: Follower Commentary Overhaul for a while now, and really liked it
I got one nice experience with it:

Me in Derkeethus got caught in the middle of a fight between Stormcloaks and Imperials on the road, it was a mess, there were so many of them that time. And I'm in neither side of the factions..
Then, I saw a bear, a snow bear, joining the fight. I din't want him to die so I shout Animal Allegiance at him,
but there were always some soldier that suddenly got angered by his presence, and start hitting the poor bear.
I tried all my best to protect the bear, even as far as to use healing hands for him.
The bear survived, with the stormcloaks winning, with me smiling proud
But then my shout power wears off, and left the bear aggressive again
Everyone wanted to kick his ass at the same time, and I could do nothing but watch with teary eyes :sadface:

After his death, those stormcloaks walked away happily. But then, suddenly, Derkeethus laughed loudly, I swear I'm really shocked by that.
I don't remember whose dialogue is it to laugh, Veezara maybe?
but the mod just use it as a random "comment".
Nice, thanks, mate I thought.

TheEvilQueen

Dunmer Fangirl
Serena tops the list of my hated npc's. She always rezzed the worst animal/ambient skeleton and not to mention her love of attacking my dog and killing it.... :sadface:

Serena is the best follower in Skyrim. Her rack in front of my face when we go adventuring, her bad azz powers of ice spike and her personality make her the best follower in the game.

Skyrimosity

Making my way through Labyrinthian, and fighting some Draugr. I get locked in 1v1 fight against a Draugr while Lydia is fighting God-know's-what. I pull my sword back for the final kill, knowing the fight was won, when Lydia walks into the killing blow. Had to reload.

Then another time, retrieving Onmund's staff, I shot down one of those lanterns onto oil to burn some vampires. The silly vampires, they walk right into the flames! Next thing I know, Erik the Slayer starts running at them. I'm practically yelling "No Erik!!!" but he keeps on going, right into the fire where he dies a horrible death. Yay Erik :sadface:

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby
Best follower is the guy from Raven Rock. Forgot his name.

ColleenG

Best follower is the guy from Raven Rock. Forgot his name.

Teldryn Saro? Yeah. "Nice place you have here. I didn't know you were so wealthy". He's the ONLY one who notices!!!!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts