First Dragon Priest encounter?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
My first DP encounter was at Shearpoint, after pwning that dragon and Boethiahs servant, (I was past level 30), I walked up happily towards the word wall. Suddenly, BAM! The coffin popped open I was like, "Oh a draugr?" Then suddenly, the priest came out. I was scared as hell! I even shat bricks! I read on UESP how dragon priests would be a challenge to those under level 50 or 60. I thought, "If I beat this bastard, It'll be a great accomplishment!"

I ran to it full of zeal and it happened it didn't notice me and was fighting Lydia and Shadowmere, That was disappointing and a bit embarrassing But it helped me the whole fight. I won without a scratch! (Maybe a few)

Dovahkiin165

True Son of Skyrim
On a different character account, my first Dragon Priest encounter was at Shearpoint as well, I think. I also defeated several other Dragon Priests (Morokei, Volsung etc) but on my current character account, even though I'm level 81, I haven't defeated a SINGLE Dragon Priest... yet. I hope to get the Konahrik Dragon Priest Mask by gaining all other Dragon Priest Masks.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Shearpoint for the win! Luckily the first time I found him, my archery was decent so I only died a couple of times :D.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
My first encounter was Morokei in Labyrythian. It was a while ago but I think I was like, level 20 odd, so as you can imagine it was really hard defeating him. It must have took about 45 minutes to beat him, I had to shoot a fireball at him, and then run away and allow my really low magicka to recharge, and just repeat. It was such a draining battle.

I think I thought Krosis just after Morokei too, Krosis wasn't nearly as tough as Morokei, but it was still challenging.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I'm embarrassed. My very first encounter with a Dragon Priest was at Skuldafn. I was like, "OMGZ WUT IS DAT?!"

Only after the fact did I realize what the hell was going on.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
When I first encountered Morokei, I wasn't really following what was going on, or what Savos Aren and his fellow apprentices were saying. So when I went in the room and saw two of the apprentices trapping Morokei, I thought I was rescuing him, you could imagine my shock when he started blasting me :sadface:

My first inconter was at Shearpoint as well.... at lvl 4.... my very first day playing skyrim. I didnt even kill my first dragon yet! I was just runing around havng my mind blowen by all tha graphics when BAM this coffen pops open and out jumps this robe wearing motherfl*ffer and I'm such a stupid noob I was all " oooh something new, LETS KILL IT!" only after he blast my rag doll corps off the clif did I realise I MIGHT be in a bit over my head.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
My first encounter was Morokei in Labyrythian. It was a while ago but I think I was like, level 20 odd, so as you can imagine it was really hard defeating him. It must have took about 45 minutes to beat him, I had to shoot a fireball at him, and then run away and allow my really low magicka to recharge, and just repeat. It was such a draining battle.

I think I thought Krosis just after Morokei too, Krosis wasn't nearly as tough as Morokei, but it was still challenging.
Morokei was somewhat easy for me. I was leveled (81) and I defeated the two spectral mage. The last one I killed was on the higher elevation so Morokei couldn't reach me with the Eye of Magnus. Well Since my skills were 100, I understand how it was easy.

Nick_Tbolt

Mine was also at Shearpoint, I got a, "check out the source of power at shearpoint" it was a little difficult

Redguard level 81 - Dual Enchanted Dragonbone Axes - Fully Upgraded Werewolf

Mine was at the world-eater's eyrie thing. Forgot his name. I was level 30, dual sword Redguard and i killed him good!

Mendy

Mine was morokei at around level 15, i found him quite easy just hid up top where one of the mage guys was and had to hit him with my bow then hide, rinse and repeat until i defeated him.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
My first DP battle was during a College of Winterhold quest. I was lvl 12. He owned me bad. But after a few tries, I managed to beat him. Have you hunted down the rest? It's a fun adventure.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
My first was also at Shearpoint. I was level 4 at the time and happened to be following a letter from a friend clue. I killed Krosis rather easily since it was just starting to enter night so I had an advantage of it getting darker and easier to sneak throughout the battle, being an archer this made it easy. I instantly recognized the mask as a unique item and looked it up on UESP. Now I'm on a quest to collect them all. I haven't ever gone out of my way to find one yet because they always seem to show up during a quest it seems. I still wear Krosis all the time though. But seriously why does everyone think they are hard?

mokz

My first was also at Shearpoint. I was level 4 at the time and happened to be following a letter from a friend clue. I killed Krosis rather easily since it was just starting to enter night so I had an advantage of it getting darker and easier to sneak throughout the battle, being an archer this made it easy. I instantly recognized the mask as a unique item and looked it up on UESP. Now I'm on a quest to collect them all. I haven't ever gone out of my way to find one yet because they always seem to show up during a quest it seems. I still wear Krosis all the time though. But seriously why does everyone think they are hard?
so....you killed krosis at lvl4? dafuq? at level 4 you get obliterated. And you wonder why people think dragon priests are hard? well its probably because they are hard unless you go properly geared with a decent level as they have a decent amount of hp, they kite and they spam spells like there is no tomorrow.

Squirrel_killer-

so....you killed krosis at lvl4? dafuq? at level 4 you get obliterated. And you wonder why people think dragon priests are hard? well its probably because they are hard unless you go properly geared with a decent level as they have a decent amount of hp, they kite and they spam spells like there is no tomorrow.
It took a long time and our fight did span over half of Skyrim while I ran hid and shot him until he got close enough to shoot his fireballs at me. He did one-hit kill me a few times. But it is still doable without high-end gear or any powerful spells or weapons.

mokz

It took a long time and our fight did span over half of Skyrim while I ran hid and shot him until he got close enough to shoot his fireballs at me. He did one-hit kill me a few times. But it is still doable without high-end gear or any powerful spells or weapons.
if this is your idea of "easy" i don't wanna know what hard means

Squirrel_killer-

if this is your idea of "easy" i don't wanna know what hard means
15 elder dragons at once at level 1, no gear, shouts, spells, powers, or anything but your bare-hands on master difficulty. Yes I am insane.

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
Not to sound all elite, but what difficulty were you on? I had no trouble beating him with my level between 8-15 mage, but that is because I just hid behind rocks and used a bow on Novice difficulty. It is infinitely more difficult on Master and such, obviously. Again, not to sound like an elitist jerk, just wondering.

Squirrel_killer-

Adept I think. I play on the default difficulty until ~20 then raise it once then raise it again at ~50. It was by far the most ridiculous battle I ever fought and right after I thought to myself "Dafaq? Why would I even bother with that?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts