• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xaraan

Breton; I like their "average dude" looks and the Magic Resistance.

Then Nord for this game since I'm playing in their homeland.

After that I've enjoyed a playthrough with all the races in their own ways just to check them out; my only complaint is that Bethesda didn't do enough with Khajiits and Argonians for the way they are treated by society (at least toward the player's character).

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
My favorite races are Dark Elves and Argonians. The Dunmer have a well documented history, which allows me to understand them more as a race. As for Argonians, it was refreshing to see that they were seriously upgraded. Not only do they look a lot better and unique, but they've been given a really awesome ability to regenerate health rapidly. It is extremely useful in the case that you're about to die and you don't have any more restore health potions. I wish there were more of them in Skyrim.

Xmcbcx

Yeah i'd have to say Argonians, DarkElves, and Kajiits. They all have advantages against pretty much all other races i dont know why people are racest to them.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

Breton; I like their "average dude" looks and the Magic Resistance.

Then Nord for this game since I'm playing in their homeland.

After that I've enjoyed a playthrough with all the races in their own ways just to check them out; my only complaint is that Bethesda didn't do enough with Khajiits and Argonians for the way they are treated by society (at least toward the player's character).

Well, they are a long way from home and it's pretty clear that Kajiit are mistrusted in Skyrim (Imperial or assho... erm Stormcloaks). Argonians are rare but certainly treated very badly in Windhelm. My favourate race are Orcs and they are even rarer but I kinda like that. Makes me feel 'special'.

Tiger_Wolff

All depends on what class I'm playing. If I were to pick one, then it would be Altmer, mage is my favorite class.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
Every race in the game has its own real benefit. I haven't played as all the races, but I always go for the Dark Elves in whatever game that has one. If there isn't one I choose the Wood Elf. If there isn't one, then I choose the human with most magic capabilities.
Those are my three choices for any game that would have said races. :) So obviously, my list here would consist of the Dunmer, Bosmer and Breton.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

Every race in the game has its own real benefit. I haven't played as all the races, but I always go for the Dark Elves in whatever game that has one. If there isn't one I choose the Wood Elf. If there isn't one, then I choose the human with most magic capabilities.
Those are my three choices for any game that would have said races. :) So obviously, my list here would consist of the Dunmer, Bosmer and Breton.

Most benefits are only marginally effective in the early game. All races have abilities that the others can obtain by various different means, with one exception, Orcs. No other race can become 4 times more powerful in Melee for a minute a day, ain't no 'Badass' spell or enchantment! :D

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
Most benefits are only marginally effective in the early game. All races have abilities that the others can obtain by various different means, with one exception, Orcs. No other race can become 4 times more powerful in Melee for a minute a day, ain't no 'Badass' spell or enchantment! :D
Well, i know they each have an activated power and such and such but I was talking about the High Elves are born with a larger Magic pool, or the Dunmer being 50% resistence to fire, and the Nords to frost. After playing as a Nord, I forgot that getting hit with frost slowed you down.:p

TexInOrd

Orc or a nord. Ive always been a tank. My orc Magondo was my first and I think I like em best. The nord is cool because he fits in so well with Skyrim.

Assassin's Bane

My favorite race is a wood elf for my assassin

Ri'tai The Wordsmith

Khaaz dovah of the highest level.
khajiit. Or high elves cause I'm a
Rebel-wallpapers-rebel-without-a-cause-13219350-1440-900.jpg

Halkin

pzzzztt
my last favourite race was to the shop and back, in boxer shorts. it was -8 or so

edit: i got told to be serious, khajit, i like cats

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts