• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
Argonains.....i love dinosaurs plus they are look cool and they are good in gameplay :p. But still gotta love the Orcs.

xaraan

I like the Khajiit best. Their accents, their sayings ("feels like I just woke from a nap"), the way my PC seems to strut really fast instead of run...

I like High Elves for the simple reason that they run ridiculously fast. Don't ever need to bother with finding my horse again. ;)

Also, with both of them there's a tendency for normal NPC interactions to become humorous. A guard once said to my Khajiit: "Is that fur coming out of your ears?!" And paraphrasing Brynjolf: "You look like a stealthy sort, built for thievery" to an elf who routinely hits the top of dungeons with his head, and has several times gotten stuck trying to use the secret entrance to the Flagon.

The "fur coming out of ears" line isn't a Khaajit line, it's a companions related line after you become a werewolf. Although it does sound weird being said to a Khajiit... of course that's fur coming out of my ears.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Haven't played every race yet, but out of the ones I have played, I like Nords the best. It might just be because I liked my Nord character the best, but there you go.

My first playthrough was with a Breton, who I got to level 55. I was worried about playing another race after that, thinking I would get my butt kicked by mages without the Breton's magic resistance, but I really haven't noticed an increase in difficulty fighting mages. And, since it was my first playthrough in my first Elder Scrolls game and I wasn't very savvy about anything at that point, I made my character a stealth assassin, and while she did fine at that, I think I missed the Breton's true greatness in being natural mages.

I've also briefly played an Orc, which I didn't care for; for a race who are supposed to be great warriors, he was surprisingly weak. My Nord girl kicks more butt than that Orc did! And just today I started a new game with a Bosmer, who I'm liking so far... though it will be difficult to put aside my prejudices against elves in general and fall in love with this character.

I don't think I will ever play an Altmer. I cannot stand them.

Ri'tai The Wordsmith

Khaaz dovah of the highest level.
Argonains.....i love dinosaurs plus they are look cool and they are good in gameplay :p. But still gotta love the Orcs.
Argonians =/= Dinosaurs.
As far as I'm aware, argonians are amphibians?

Jet

The "fur coming out of ears" line isn't a Khaajit line, it's a companions related line after you become a werewolf. Although it does sound weird being said to a Khajiit... of course that's fur coming out of my ears.
I know that it's a standard werewolf line, it just becomes humorous to a Khajiit. Come to think of it, when they say the "You smell like wet dog" line during a rainstorm it's pretty amusing too.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
I play as a High Elf. It's helpful when you play as a mage character. And I dunno, I just like elves. Especially how tall the High Elves are. I use my Skyrim character to compensate for my real life shortness.

Frankie English

Dragonborn
I'm currently using a khajiit Mage and loving it. I know it's totally weird becuase they don't do that but it's fun.

Thinking about doing another Mage except this time make him a dark elf, what do you guys think........

actualy i think im goin to go post a forum, everyone who sees this plz go check it out

Halkin

pzzzztt
W-What? Why are they all naked? :eek:

As for my favorite race, it's between Nords and Imperials. They both have a distinctive history and beliefs that I can relate to. I tend to prefer playing humans in any RPG. Elves, I just cannot understand. Beast races...eh.
they have fur to hide all the dangly bits

Docta Corvina

For me? Imperials and Bretons, FTW! :D As I've said many times elsewhere, the Roman echoes I get with Imperials (and not just in their army attire) fascinate and entice me. I love 'em. And, after playing as a Breton for a while now and adoring her as a character (not to mention loving some other NPC Bretons along the way), they've become my other most-beloved race. I also find their dual-heritage interesting and personally relatable. :p

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Frequently Played
Dunmer, Nord, Imperial.

Occasionally Played
Khajiit, Argonian, Orc, Reguard.

Rarely Played
Brenton, Bosmer, Altmer.

Harperlarp

High Elves, because they're the best, fact. Fastest running, highest jumping, most damaging melee, most magicka, fastest magicka regen rate. They're simply the master race, no wonder they're trying to take over tamriel lol.

daTomoT

I am the Listener..of your screams.
I'm gonna give my top three here I think;

Dunmer - Because it was the first race I played, and the balance between stealth and magic just makes for a pure badass assassin. My first character was a Dunmer 'Nightblade' I think you'd call him.

Orsimer - If you're making a warrior, why wouldn't you go Orsimer? They look epic, their racial power is unrivaled, and.. they're just beasts.

Khajiit - Who doesn't enjoy having the ability to punch everything to death?

~daT.