• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Which perks do you all seem to grab for every character you create? (Note - not referring to the "base perks" for each skill. I'm talking about the perks further up in the tree.)

I find myself using "Animage" and "Kindred Mage" in the Illusion skill tree a lot, as I generally do not fast travel, and I like having something to deal with constant animal attacks and unforeseen difficult random encounters.

As a rolepayer, I often use the "Merchant" perk in the Speech tree, because allowing my characters to trade any item with any merchant opens up more roleplaying possibilities.

Lastly, I tend to use "Poisoner" in the alchemy tree quite often, due to finding paralysis and slow poisons to be invaluable when I'm playing an RP build that might be a tad gimped in the offense department due to RP-related perk selections.

Which skill perks do you often find yourself using repeatedly on your characters due to effectiveness or play-style preference?

Urzek

The restoration perk tree.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
I LOVE steady hand in the archery tree. being able to slow time.... I have taken out a entire bandit compound in one breath. using this perk in combination with a stamina stealing bow.

Wildroses

The Experimenter perks in the alchemy tree. I just love alchemy. Plus a lot of my characters are adventure hating NPCs (It's actually fun fighting Skyrim's immense efforts to make you have an adventure) and alchemy is one of the very few effective ways to make money without adventure.

Twiffle

The Experimenter perks in the alchemy tree. I just love alchemy. Plus a lot of my characters are adventure hating NPCs (It's actually fun fighting Skyrim's immense efforts to make you have an adventure) and alchemy is one of the very few effective ways to make money without adventure.

i too have just got into Alchemy, i like Poisoner with Poisoned in the pickpocket tree, , mmmmmmm slow and painful. hehehehehehe

Ritterkreuz

Most of the smithing and all Enchanting perks, I also always go for the Investor perk, oh, and the extra pockets perk really helps out a lot too. When it comes to weapons I'll use both one and two handed, but really each dragonborn I've ever played specializes in one or the other, the same goes for armor. With the Bow I only ever go for the Zoom perk, everything else beyond that seems a bit of a waist.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Necromage is used alot, not really by me though....for me it is Avoid Death in the Restoration tree, and Resist Magic/Mage Armor for a mage character.

For my other type of character which is stealthy type, it would have to be Assassin's Blade, and the whole Alchemy and Pickpocket trees.

Morgan

• I always get three in Resto: Novice, apprentice, and Regen. Even without ever bumping magicka this gives you a couple or three Fast Heals that do significant healing.
  • Every archer always gets three in sneak, up to Deadly Aim, even if they are not otherwise a sneaky character. This is mainly because I like the aiming reticle while sneaking better than not (when vertical the bow seems to get in the way of the target). So since I sneak while shooting for that reason, I gain the skill, and if I have the skill and am sneaking anyway, why not multiply the damage?
  • I always get the first smithing perk, just so I can improve the basic armor and weapons for me and followers. Beyond that I only smith if it's in char.

The rest I really only get if it's going to be a focus skill for the char.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts