• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
The dagger does not have anywhere near the amount of stagger I need until I get the faster dual wield perks, in most cases.

Fights I see as important, worthy opponents. I find the drainheart sword to be useless, as it runs out of charges in one hit.
Right, but if that 1 hit is a Critical Charge, which you can do with the offhand, it staggers them, and recovers your stamina enough to finish with a Power Attack, or continue Sprinting away. There's also ways to get multiple strikes out of it, mostly Enchanting.

Staff member
I believe that Salohknir is the point in the questline where they get added to Random Encounter rolls, as far as I can tell. i've tested it fairly exhaustively. I usually stop at that point, because it opens up her Secret Room, with Safe Storage, Crafting Tables (Smithy right across the street, and another Alchemy Station upstairs) and an Akiviri Tachi (AKA Blades' Sword, or "Katana") hanging on the wall.

Mirnulnir adds them. Salohknir puts them back.

I want to disarm people with a bow. I know that with power bash perk you can deliver damage with bow or any other weapon which allows you to block.
Bow Bash does not benefit from any perks in any trees, period. It's pretty much a set amount of Stagger, and Damage, sorry.

Mirnulnir adds them. Salohknir puts them back.
Mirmulnir adds the ones at the various Word Walls, though Dragons are also level dependant, if you're high enough, and have discovered the Western Watchtower (Even without killing Mirmulnir) they start showing up eventually.

Panthera

Don Gato
Bow Bash does not benefit from any perks in any trees, period. It's pretty much a set amount of Stagger, and Damage, sorry.
Block power bash perk effects bow or any other weapon which allows you to block.

Staff member
Right, but if that 1 hit is a Critical Charge, which you can do with the offhand, it staggers them, and recovers your stamina enough to finish with a Power Attack, or continue Sprinting away. There's also ways to get multiple strikes out of it, mostly Enchanting.

I already have my preferres fighting style, but that method sounds very intelligent.

Mirmulnir adds the ones at the various Word Walls, though Dragons are also level dependant, if you're high enough, and have discovered the Western Watchtower (Even without killing Mirmulnir) they start showing up eventually.

Mirmulnir triggers all dragons. Except for named ones.

Panthera

Don Gato

Having high skill in Block in conjunction with the Deadly Bash perk can be useful for an archer. At 0 block skill, bow bashing only does 1.1 damage, but at 100 block skill a bow bash does 5.5 damage. With Deadly Bash perk, the 5x damage multiplier brings the bash damage up to 27.5. Bow type does not affect the damage magnitude.

From uespwiki.

Block power bash perk effects bow or any other weapon which allows you to block.
You can't Power bash with a bow, because you can't Block with one. try it with a shield, or a weapon, you have to hold Block, and then hold down Bash to perform one. You can't do that with a bow, whether you tap it, or hold it down, the Bash is the same. Disarming Bash is the one that can disarm, oddly enough, and it doesn't work with Bows.

Panthera

Don Gato
You can't Power bash with a bow, because you can't Block with one. try it with a shield, or a weapon, you have to hold Block, and then hold down Bash to perform one. You can't do that with a bow, whether you tap it, or hold it down, the Bash is the same. Disarming Bash is the one that can disarm, oddly enough, and it doesn't work with Bows.
You can block with bow. First you need to block than click attack and it will bash with bow. Try it, you'll see.

Having high skill in Block in conjunction with the Deadly Bash perk can be useful for an archer. At 0 block skill, bow bashing only does 1.1 damage, but at 100 block skill a bow bash does 5.5 damage. With Deadly Bash perk, the 5x damage multiplier brings the bash damage up to 27.5. Bow type does not affect the damage magnitude.

From uespwiki.
I'm sorry, but that doesn't pan out in playtesting. All the wikis are edited by committe, so I for instance can go there right now, and edit it to say whatever I want. Have you actually tried it? I have, with 15 Block, 100 Block, and all three perks. I Savescummed a Skeleton for hours and just bashed it to prock a Disarm, nothing doing. You have to trigger Power bash, it's not an automatic, and you can't Power bash with a bow. Period.

I've never Blocked with a bow, hiting the "Block" button autobashes, without the block in between.

Staff member
If you fire an arrow then immediately bash the bash will do equivalent damage, as if you were firing another arrow.

Edit: I believe it is linked to the moving while shieldbashing makes it an attack thing.

Panthera

Don Gato
I'm sorry, but that doesn't pan out in playtesting. All the wikis are edited by committe, so I for instance can go there right now, and edit it to say whatever I want. Have you actually tried it? I have, with 15 Block, 100 Block, and all three perks. i Savescummed a Skeleton for hours and just bashed it to prock a Disarm, nothing doing. You have to trigger Power bash, it's not an automatic, and you can't Power bash with a bow. Period.

I've never Blocked with a bow, hiting the "Block" button autobashes, without the block in between.
Bro you already made clear that you can't disarm with a bow. That perk is called disarming bash.

Now I'm talking about power bash and deadly bash perks which gives you some additional damage. It's not much, but it does.

Staff member
Bro you already made clear that you can't disarm with a bow. That perk is called disarming bash.

Now I'm talking about power bash and deadly bash perks which gives you some additional damage. It's not much, but it does.

He stated that you cannot power bash with a bow.

Panthera

Don Gato
Oh well at least i'll save some perks. But it would be really good thing if you could disarm enemies with bow. ^^

Andre2807

Nightingale Armor for Light Armor.
Ebony Armor for Heavy Armor.