• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I don't bother to wear a helmet unless I think I'll get owned, in which case, looks be damned! Safety first. Otherwise, I suppose I am too fond of the feel of the brisk Skyrim breeze through my hair. Moreover, if you have any length of hair, helmet head does not help you charm the ladies.

There are benefits to wearing all four pieces of Dawnguard armor, I believe, but they do not compare to what I can do on my own, since, as much as I hate to admit it, I am a Nord who learned enchanting. (I swear, though, it's only because they said it would help me get women! They did!)
Ah, I have had characters in the past that have gone helmetless. I have learned, though, that if you're going to invest in the perks wearing a helmet makes sense. I do set the helmet to my favorites and remove it whenever I'm in an area I feel safe.

But truth be told, kinsman, with a skull as thick as yours...I don't think the sharpest axe in all of Tamriel could do much damage! 'Prolly blunt the edge if it tried! *Raises tankard* :D

Clau

The Fateless One
Deathbrand armor set is my new favorite!

0.jpg

Panthera

Don Gato
I don't bother to wear a helmet unless I think I'll get owned, in which case, looks be damned! Safety first. Otherwise, I suppose I am too fond of the feel of the brisk Skyrim breeze through my hair. Moreover, if you have any length of hair, helmet head does not help you charm the ladies.

There are benefits to wearing all four pieces of Dawnguard armor, I believe, but they do not compare to what I can do on my own, since, as much as I hate to admit it, I am a Nord who learned enchanting. (I swear, though, it's only because they said it would help me get women! They did!)
I agree with that... specially when I play with Khajiit race... Most of the helmets makes my Khajiit very weird. Especially I don't like full faced helmets on Khajiit. Like Nightingale or steel plate helmets... Because when I put it on it looks like Khajiit snout is being cut off... With whole set of steel plate or Nightingale armor looks like human with the tail. -.-

P.S. Don't get me wrong... I like Nightingale armor just not on beast races (Bethesda should adjust helmets for beast races or to make impossible to wear [Imperial full faced helmet], just like they did in Morrowind you couldn't wear boots).

reggyal

My favourite armour is the archmage with the morokei mask and thalmor gloves and boots. Although the nightingale armour is pretty cool too.

Weismann

Oblivion Walker
I've recently discovered that armor is not necessary for one who is not hit.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I've recently discovered that armor is not necessary for one who is not hit.

I have discovered an exploitable pattern to all npc's attacks. I find them hilariously easy to dodge and boast killing a giant at level one without jumping on a high place.

Edit:I leveled up three times during the fight

Panthera

Don Gato
I have discovered an exploitable pattern to all npc's attacks. I find them hilariously easy to dodge and boast killing a giant at level one without jumping on a high place.

Make a video, I wanna see! :D

^This^ Giants are strong, but telegraph all their powerful attacks so they're easy to dodge, or interrupt with bashes. Every enemy is different, so you have to learn the timing/reach for all different kinds of weapons. Dragons also telegraph, particularly their Breath attacks with "Yol..." with just about enough time to Ward, Power Attack, or counter Shout (With Fus, just the first word) and interrupt them.

BoT:
49C10A63D3CD60B85D629A9EFB0B040F1D0409D0

Arachael's endgame armor. Since I'm primarilly using a weapon which doesn't require Recharging, I had to depend on loot for good effects, and luckilly, matching. The Rahgot mask kind of clashes, but makes up for it with Stamina for Power Attacks. There's another 60 on the boots, and 35% Fortify 2H on the gauntlets. The armor is Regeneration, 40%. Unfortunately, I went with Archery instead of Destruction, so it's back to Solstheim for the Dwarven Blackbow...

In case you're wondering, the pose is from pausing partway through the Sheathing animation.

Staff member
No bashing involved. Just a bow, stamina potions, and arrows. CHARGE them and run behind them and theirattack will miss. Then just shoot them. With dragons you can strafe their head and move side to side and their bites will miss you. Bash to stop breath attacks. (Note: hug their face while doing this)

Staff member
The video would be very low quality since I'm on console, but then again I took my profile picture with it.

No bashing involved. Just a bow, stamina potions, and arrows. CHARGE them and run behind them and theirattack will miss. Then just shoot them
Shoot, and Scoot works on just about anything without a Ranged Attack. Like Frost Trolls, they hit fast, twice, but can't on the move, so get moving before they come to a stop. Wuld is extremely helpful for this. I usually train up Archery on Trolls, then Frost Trolls, then Giants. The first two regenerate, so if you master this technique, you can shoot one down to within an inch of it's life while the other/s recover, then switch out to sustain it indefinitely. Don't get trapped, though, or you will be killed with a quickness. Labrynthian is the best place for this dance, since it has several, and good terrain to hang them up on.

Staff member
All in all, it's safe to conclude that an enemy who stops to attack is a dead one. One that fights on the move is more difficult, but not impossible to exploit.

All in all, it's safe to conclude that an enemy who stops to attack is a dead one. One that fights on the move is more difficult, but not impossible to exploit.
'struth, which is why I invariably play builds that fight on the move. If it isn't Archery, then it's Spellsword with Critical Charge, and Destruction in the off hand. It was over a year before I started playing Static Defender (AKA "Tank") builds, Bashing is essential for pulling that off.

Staff member
'struth, which is why I invariably play builds that fight on the move. If it isn't Archery, then it's Spellsword with Critical Charge, and Destruction in the off hand. It was over a year before I started playing Static Defender (AKA "Tank") builds, Bashing is essential for pulling that off.

My game suffers from a glitch which makes bashing on the move unreliable. (I'm uber mad it hasn't been patched)

My game suffers from a glitch which makes bashing on the move unreliable. (I'm uber mad it hasn't been patched)
I don't think that's a Glitch, I use Critical Charge instead, but generally, bash is for Static fighting, and Range is for Mobile styles.

Staff member
I don't think that's a Glitch, I use Critical Charge instead, but generally, bash is for Static fighting, and Range is for Mobile styles.

My bashes count as weapon strikes and train my weapom skill instead of blocl. It does weapom damage and doesn't stagger. The character also withholds his weapon or shield for valueable seconds that often get me killed.

My bashes count as weapon strikes amd train my weapom skill instead of blocl. It does weapom damage and doesn't stagger. The character also withholds his weapon or shield for valueable seconds that often get me killed.
The closest thing you have to a Bash on the move is Shield Charge, which sends people flying, but does minimal damage. Fun, though. Otherwise, all the moving strikes are Weapon Attacks, not bashes.

Staff member
The closest thing you have to a Bash on the move is Shield Charge, which sends people flying, but does minimal damage. Fun, though. Otherwise, all the moving strikes are Weapon Attacks, not bashes.

This was a mechanic to which I was not aware. How annoying.