• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hey assuming that in Elder Scroll canon the winners in the skyrim civil war was the Empire, in tes:6 the main quest was the Empire vs AD which faction would you choose to join if given the choice.

Tyrone

Most people would probably choose empire, but after the save files on my USB got deleted and I started a thalmor mage, I'd probably go with Aldmeri Dominion because it is fun to be the bad guys once in a while

Most people would probably choose empire, but after the save files on my USB got deleted and I started a thalmor mage, I'd probably go with Aldmeri Dominion because it is fun to be the bad guys once in a while
You might be right, I would have chose Empire.

I wouldn't say the Dominion are bad guys. They honestly are just fighting back from what they believe is a millennium of religious and political oppression. There methods of doing it are just extreme.

But if I had to choose, I'd pick the Empire.

Vuraoi

I would definitely pick the Aldmeri Dominion because I adore the High Elves (no matter how stuck up they are) but unfortunately, Tyrone is right, most people would probably choose the empire, so I doubt they would go that route.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I choose the empire because the Dragonborn would be a great assets to the legion. Without the help from the Dragonborn I would have to pick Aldmeri Dominion. If the Dominion kicked the empire's ass the first time I'm certain they can kick their ass the second time.

Will Olmen

If the Dominion kicked the empire's ass the first time I'm certain they can kick their ass the second time.

Yeah. They kicked so much ass they were forced to go to peace talks to avoid getting into a war they knew neither side could ever recover from. The Dominion SURPRISED the Empire the first time. War was not expected. Now, win or lose, the Aldmeri would be burying 80% of their army if they stormed a united Empire. Best of luck holding onto an Empire with 1 soldier per village telling the residents to stop worshiping Talos.

And the High Elves are, in point of fact, pretty Evil. They aren't just getting back at the Empire for religious persecution. They raped, murdered and experimented on the people of the Imperial City as 'revenge' for a them being driven out ERAS ago. And why did the humans feel the need to drive them out? Because the Aldmer enslaved, raped, murdered and experimented on them then too. Face it kids, in the Elder Scroll series the High Elves are basically Nazis.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
The Dominion just misses the "good old days". When mankind "knew its place" and the Elves could pretend to be the mortal offspring of the immortal aedra. This isn't so bad..if you're an elf. I'm sure they like the free labor.

The Empire, however, has been a unifying force. A force of racial and class equality. They may step on some "inalienable elven rights", but more often than not, that is the "right" to own people as property. If anything, The Empire is more than accommodating with the disparate cultures found in its many provinces.

Just look at Morrowind in the third era, stuff went on there that would be considered illegal within the rest of the empire. The Empire respects racial and cultural views, to a reasonable extent. Under Urial Septim VII,he Empire welcomed the orcs. For the first time in their history were seen as people and not monsters. The Empire ended the slavery of the Khajiit and Argonians in most of tamriel, and eventually even in Morrowind.

The Third Empire/The Septim Empire has been well written and avoids most, if not all of "the evil empire" tropes found in popular fiction.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Yeah. They kicked so much ass they were forced to go to peace talks to avoid getting into a war they knew neither side could ever recover from. The Dominion SURPRISED the Empire the first time. War was not expected. Now, win or lose, the Aldmeri would be burying 80% of their army if they stormed a united Empire. Best of luck holding onto an Empire with 1 soldier per village telling the residents to stop worshiping Talos.

I'm not aware of this peace talks that the Dominion had to go to. Perhaps you might want to direct me to a source? The Dominion probably did surprised the empire, and guess what? The results aftermath of the war was when Emperor Mede was force to sign a treaty to ban the worship of Talos. This drove many of the Nords away from the empire, Look at Ulfric and Galmar for an example. This means that the Dominion had essentially won the war.

And the High Elves are, in point of fact, pretty Evil. They aren't just getting back at the Empire for religious persecution. They raped, murdered and experimented on the people of the Imperial City as 'revenge' for a them being driven out ERAS ago. And why did the humans feel the need to drive them out? Because the Aldmer enslaved, raped, murdered and experimented on them then too. Face it kids, in the Elder Scroll series the High Elves are basically Nazis.

You're wrong. Not all High Elves are evil, as you claim them to be. What about the steward in Riften. Is she evil? No. What about the High elves in Windhelm, Are they evil too? No. The party that truly deserve to be called a nazi are the Aldmeri Dominion, not to sticky the name to the entire race. Do you label all German people as Nazis just because their German? No because then it would be a racial issue.

Xarnac

The Thalmor are "bad guys" per Kirkbride.

I'm not aware of this peace talks that the Dominion had to go to. Perhaps you might want to direct me to a source?
Mede II kicked the ADs ass at Red Ring, after that they agreed to "peace" and the WG concordant (because despite the victory, Mede was weak sauce, and most of the legions were under half strength). Hammerfell kept fighting for 5 more years, until the AD could do nothing but sue for peace, leaving them kicked from Hammer.

GimnliTheNord

Id Choose Empire cause Everyone Hates The Aldmeri Diminion

The common misconception I believe is that the Dominion completely kicked the Empire's ass. They did at first, but the empire fought their way back into the war and actually had the Dominion on the run. The problem is the PEOPLE were sick and tired of the war and were willing to pay any price to have peace. Kind of like the whole Vietnam war in the real world. The U.S. ground forces never lost a single major engagement with the NVA or Vietcong meaning tactically they won, but strategically they couldn't have lost the war in any worse of a way.

Will Olmen

You're wrong. Not all High Elves are evil, as you claim them to be. What about the steward in Riften. Is she evil? No. What about the High elves in Windhelm, Are they evil too? No. The party that truly deserve to be called a nazi are the Aldmeri Dominion, not to sticky the name to the entire race. Do you label all German people as Nazis just because their German? No because then it would be a racial issue.

You're an idiot. And that's all you'll get out of me.

Will Olmen

I was not aware that Nazis were a race. And now that you have informed me I shall make immediate arrangements to sincerely apologize for comparing them to High Elves. I see now that my choice of words was poor. In no way are the Nazis at all like the High Elves of the Aldmeri Dominion's forces. I can see now that the surprise blitzkreig tactics, war atrocities and intention of occupying the entire world to be second class citizens and slaves to what they believe to be the master race are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT between the two factions. Not to mention their completely different aspirations towards religious suppression. And, not to be forgotten, the way they both incarcerate, enslave and eventually kill or allow to die those that worship in the manner they have forbidden. There is CLEARLY no similarities between the Aldmeri Dominion and the Third Reich.

You idiot.

Valyn

It wouldn't even be a battle, the current Empire would get slaughtered so fast it wouldn't even be funny. The only people who can beat the Aldmeri would be Hammerfell. But if the empire is reunited again, they might be able to defeat them.

J

Jeremius

i bet that by the next Elder scroll game, the empire will have crumbled due to trouble with guards keeping the peace in it.

Waffles

I agree with this, but don't belive they are all evil. I mainly agree because of the way that they banned Talos worship - Like the Nazi's killed the Jews. Not being allowed to pray to your god.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts