Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters
I reckon having the whole of tamriel would take many years, but would be well worth the effort in the end. I love the open world elemant of skyrim but i have explored most of the province. i have it on the x box so i cant get mods or expansion pack. Tamriel is huge when combined so that would be great fun to explore.

Arthur Dragon Born

Breton Mage
I'd say all of Tamriel for Elder Scrolls VI. That would be so cool being able to explore all of it's provinces! Skyrim, High Rock, Morrowind etc.

If ever Bethesda makes more Elder Scroll games, I would want to be able to explore all of Nirn! Ow boy..... HUGE exploration. :))

demujin

All of Tamriel would be a huge task. I'm very skeptical about bethesda pulling off such a feat. But hey, maybe they'll prove me wrong! One thing they could do is have Valenwood and Elsweyr in one game. Judging by most maps, combined they would would only be a bit larger than Skyrim. And, it would be cool to have the contrast of the two regions.

Arthur Dragon Born

Breton Mage
All of Tamriel would be a huge task. I'm very skeptical about bethesda pulling off such a feat. But hey, maybe they'll prove me wrong! One thing they could do is have Valenwood and Elsweyr in one game. Judging by most maps, combined they would would only be a bit larger than Skyrim. And, it would be cool to have the contrast of the two regions.

Yeah, maybe their future games could have two provinces first then three or more in the future. Wouldn't that be fun? Being able to explore two provinces in one game? What more if all of Tamriel? Or even better... All of Nirm? :eek:

I'm too excited.

Carcino

Vampire Slayer Extraordinaire Legend
Elsweyr because kahjiits are the best race in the game on my part and its a great idea.

Summerset Isles.

It would be even cooler if a Dragonborn was on Earth and you would get to use magic and play as a soldier, or something like that.

TES V ending that the dragons were rethurn,but few of the dragons still attacking people.and what if TES VI is about the return of mythical races like dwarf,left-handed elves,or something like that?

Panthera

Don Gato
TES V ending that the dragons were rethurn,but few of the dragons still attacking people.and what if TES VI is about the return of mythical races like dwarf,left-handed elves,or something like that?

I had similar thought but I was thinking it would be great to play in past for example when Ayleids were still in power or where Khajiit roamed Tamriel before other creatures.
Or to play in Akavir... or at least to be invaded by Akavir to meet Kamal, Tsaesci, Tang Mo and Ka Po' Tun races. I would really like to see Ka Po' Tun race cuz they are similar to Khajits. :)

xChrisx

I wouldn't want to see a game with all of Tamriel just yet. So far since Morrowind they've done a single continent, and then added dlc to expand it. So that's what I would like to see. And for TES: VI i'd like it to be Black Marsh. Argonians are probably one of my favorite races, and just like Khajits you barely see them.

Yngvalld

Its not just a case of where though is it? its also important to consider when. IMO the multi-disk idea is the most viable if all of tamriel is a considered option. I can't see it happening that way unfortunately, but maybe (pure speculation here) there could be a link in disks for the next 2/3/4 or however many TES games will come out in the future, of course this would make differing time eras impossible but who knows? I would'nt like to see the "return" of dwarves, but a game giving more information on what happened to them would be interesting, and maybe a game depicting a first or mythic era storyline would be cool? Just my opinions on what I would like to see.
Peace.

P.S. just had another idea, maybe a game in which the player could choose to be a dwarf around the time of the dissapearence or earlier??

Desmodus

It depends on where technology has got to at that point.
There are plans to release the next generation of the Xbox and PS, and PC capabilities will probably at the very least match them.
But if they release it in the near future, then I would say either Akavir, or maybe two small provinces, like Valenwood and Elsweyr. For story, they could do a Bosmer/Khajiit uprising, or the Stormcloaks/Empire (the next game could import data to decide whom) trying to convince them to turn on the Thalmor.
As for the idea of all of Tamriel, this would of course be simply amazing, but I can't see this happening in the near future. Then again, it took 5 years for Skyrim - I wouldn't be quite so surprised if that was possible by around 2017, keeping in mind that the very first game was set in all of Tamriel.

Tank

Really i dont think it should just be one area i think they should make the hole world even though it would be way to big i just feel like this should be the next step in making this game the top game on the market because you would have so much to do and you wouldnt have to aways feel like an out sider if you pick a differnt race.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
For me, I think I'd like to see Valenwood. One of the wood elves near Riften explained it in such a way that it sounds amazing and beautiful.

However, I would not be against Bethesda taking Skyrim and expanding it to include most, if not all, of Tamriel. All of Nirn might be a bit to advanced with the way the game currently works, and for PS3 and 360. Some tweaking to the engine may make it feasible for PC, though I think much more work would be needed for current home consoles.

I think I'd settle for just all of Tamriel though. It alone sounds huge and wonderful.

sooner or later there has to be a crisis that involves all of Tamriel.

I personally don't see why endless dragons and Alduin wouldn't involve all of Tamriel, and even Nirn. His name translates to "Destroyer Devour Master", and he's often called the World Eater. Considering he also pretty much eats souls of mortals, I have a hard time seeing why it's only a Skyrim problem. :p

Jman4505

level 81.5
My Ideas for the elder scrolls VI

1) All of Tamriel, the story would take place ten years after the events of the elder scrolls 5, the main goal would be to conquer all of Tamriel, players could join 1 of 4 factions to accomplish this either the Argonian states of Black Marsh and the now mostly ruined Morrowind, The growing Stormcloak Alliance controlled provinces of Skyrim and High Rock, the declining empire of cyrodil and hammerfell or the Aldmeri Dominion of Summerset Isle Valenwood and Elsweyr. however at some time in the story the Sload release the second thrassian plague and you must convince the leaders of the other factions to help you sink Thras. After you unite Tamriel and are crowned emperor, high king, whatever Alduin returns from the grave hellbent on the eradication of all mortal life and you must must gain divine intervention by one of the Aedra/Daedra but beware any divines you have greatley angered may in fact side with the god of destruction to destroy everthing you have worked for.

2) Remake the Iliac Bay, it wouldn't be nearly as big as Daggerfall but would include all of Hammerfell and High Rock, the story would revolve around the charecter going around looking for fragments of an artifact called The Ring of the Elders, which was split into 6 pieces. The artifact itself can activate the power of an elder scroll and infuse its power into an individual and turn them into a god. The hero would have to be weary of Thalmor agents looking for the fragments as well as other cults trying to find the artifact. Once the ring is reforged and an elder scroll obtained the player has a choice of making him/herself a god or giving the ring and scroll to a worthy cause, such as the empire and the aldmeri dominion. This would make the game have multiple endings resulting in a dragon break just like in Daggerfall. The game would feature the complex political web of daggerfall as well as other feature from that game such as witch covens, ships and many different artifacts.

3) The game would take place across Valenwood, Elsweyr and Summerset Isle. The player would play as an agent of the blades trying to topple the Aldmeri Dominion. The player would have to gather support against the Thalmor and take down the dominion from the inside through guerrilla warfare and such or betray the empire and join the Thalmor. However once the war is over King Orgnum of Pyandonea sees a chance to seize Valenwood and Summerset and invades. The player must then build a fleet (highlighting the ability to use ships) and appoint his most trustworthy friends (similar to recruiting followers into the blades in skyrim) as generals and wage war against King Orgnum eventually leading the player straight to the heart of Pyandonea itself were he/she engages in an epic battle with the immortal king resulting in the destruction of the capital of Pyandonea and the crowning of the character as the Governor of the new imperial/dominion province

If anyone thinks these are good ideas please say so.