Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Harperlarp

Only on ox and mac though. It would seem zenimax online studios are determined to split the elder scrolls community in half and lose money at the same time. Bastards.

Hunfar

All of tamriel will come in elder scrolls online. (2013 3 May)

The MMO will be less work compared to what they usually make though.

Hunfar

MMOs generally have a lot less landscape detail, as well as inferior graphics. I have no idea what scale the game will be on though.

Phate

you can't see me!
i did not vote in this.. however i do have some thoughts about it
of course, they are only from enough personal experience gained from playing Morrowind twice,
and still thoroughly engaged in Skyrim... first run
oh.. and from what i've read here..

all of Tamriel would be just glorious.. but a bit much since they seem to want to be going through each province, one at a time..
so i do like, then, the idea of a swamp/desert setting, as others have stated.
i think back to playing Gothic3 and liking that

guess i really don't know enough of the topography, though, to really know how that would work..

and for TES to go mmo? whats the point?
play lotro or d&d or that other one...
hell.. for all i know.. is Ultima or Everquest still alive?
i'd personally rather have just a single player game anyway...

two cents.. no change

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
A TES mmo would be an abomination. This is my opinion though and as such I won't go into details. And there has been a game where you could transverse all of Tamriel. It was called Daggerfall. Though that is a bit dated now. Besides, such a game made now would take a very long time to develop. Would you really want such a grand game anyway? If Skyrim can be riddle with some many issues, imagine the complications that could arise with a game of that size.

Now, on to the topic at hand. I found Cyrodiil to be rather boring in Oblivion. I wouldn't really want to revisit there. Morrowind, on the other hand, intrigued me to no end. But unless they plan for the next Elder Scroll game to go back in time... there wouldn't be much of a point to visit it in it's current state of despair. So I would like to see the next game take place in Black Marsh or Elsweyr. I think it is time to do the beast races justice. Lizards and cats need love too.

stagnant94

is there any news on when the DLC is released?

daTomoT

I am the Listener..of your screams.
Oh I think it'll definitely be Elsweyr. Bethesda aren't gonna try to redo one of the old locations, and I think that the whole of Tamriel just isn't them. My views on the remaining are:

Summerset Isles - Too monoculturistic. In fairness, nobody wants to spend 200 hours on a game only looking at a bunch of snooty Altmer trying to become a master race. There wouldn't be enough opportunity to even see other races there, let alone play them. I think I'd die of hatred playing an Aldmeri Dominion based game as well!

Black Marsh - Again, the harsh environment of the marsh excludes many races except the Argonians. I think there's nore likely to be a TES VI: Black Marsh than Sum Isles, because you vould more easily fit the other races in - the Argonians don't hate everyone. I think it might be a bit Morrowind-esque too..

Valenwood - Perhaps, perhaps. Not much diversity there though, I can see people disliking the extensive forests. Hey, who's gonna convince a Notherly Nord to stick around down' south with the Elves? I think this is a possibility, and I wouldn't mind it, but I don't think we know enough about the Bosmer to want to go there yet. I can't really see an opportunity for the main quest either.

Orsinium - Ch'yeeaah. This place was actually destroyed (twice), most recently around the Early Fourth Era by the Redguards. Maybe, if there was a decent time gap between Skyrim and Orsinium, but I doubt it. It just doesn't seem right Bethesda doing an Orc-based game.

Elsweyr - Boom. This is where its at. There are deserts, jungles and a coastline. There's also lots of opportunity for a main quest. Skooma trade, trouble with Valenwood etc. Also, Khajiit are generally preferred than Argonians. I really think that Elsweyr is going to be TES VI.

Forward, to TES VI: ELSWEYR!

~daT.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
MMOs generally have a lot less landscape detail, as well as inferior graphics. I have no idea what scale the game will be on though.

Still looking for that source...

stagnant94

i really hope elsweyr, otherwise hammerfell would be fine, anywhere except morrowind, black marsh and high rock, i was hoping they'd save high rock for a sky rim expansion DLC

Kuros

I also hope we see the next game in in Elseweyr, a desert landscape would be great. Whats up everyone, Im new to the forum, but been playing The Elder Scrolls since the beginning. Im finally getting to Skyrim, I know, took long enough, right? Anyway, starting with a Nord named "Ydramir" , two-handed, pure melee, all skill points going into smithing, block, two-handed, and heavy armor at the moment, very vanilla. Probably start a pure mage soon.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Id like to think it will be in
Valenwood because i like the whole forest aspect things. but i guess will all have see.

I agree. The Pine Forest in Falkreath hold in Skyrim is just asdf amazing.

Lorenz DethCloak

i eat dragons for breakfast, now whats for lunch
i think this elder scrolls will be all of tamriel, they should actually call it elder scrolls: tamriel , at least thats my thoughts on the next release

Lorenz DethCloak

i eat dragons for breakfast, now whats for lunch
Just based on the build up from both Oblivion and Skyrim I'm going to say the summerset isles. Sounds to me like the Empire and the Thalmor are having a hard time getting along.
i believe in the next elder scrolls, the empire/stormcloaks will most likely have a war with the thalmor, if u listen to ulfrics general after u beat the empire, he says and next we take it to the thalmor, so possibly war with thalmor??? hope so i want to kill me some snobby elves

Jakasrith

i think this elder scrolls will be all of tamriel, they should actually call it elder scrolls: tamriel , at least thats my thoughts on the next release
As cool as it would be to have the game be all of tamriel, i dont think that they will because it would throw off them making a individual game of all the provinces.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts