Does anyone else have a fear of vampirism?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
J

Jeremius

You can't underestimate the cunning of a centuries old being, Thing is Vampires are Highly Obsessive and Highly Intelligent they could have the wisdom of ages and they don't truly give up until they are either destroyed or succeeded in their goal.

IF vampirism was as evil as it is in most stories, it would not fit in to the game. it is watered down for this reason.
Actually Vampires in ES appear to be on the more Evil side of Vamprism hell Harkon tries to block out the Sun despite only being weakned from it. he claims to have sacrfaiced 1000 souls to Molag bal to become one (I doubt it) if that is true then that very bad
and then when he could have turned his wife and daughter himself he lets Molag bal rape them to Death that sounds plenty evil to me.

Vampirism in TES a joke on what Vampirism should be, nothing more. Does not matter if you are the most cunning person in the world or the stupidest. You can live forever with Vampirism and not suffer the true negatives of it.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
IF vampirism was as evil as it is in most stories, it would not fit in to the game. it is watered down for this reason.
Actually Vampires in ES appear to be on the more Evil side of Vamprism hell Harkon tries to block out the Sun despite only being weakned from it. he claims to have sacrfaiced 1000 souls to Molag bal to become one (I doubt it) if that is true then that very bad
and then when he could have turned his wife and daughter himself he lets Molag bal rape them to Death that sounds plenty evil to me.

You must not understand Vampirism, and instead cling to the joke that Bethesda uses.

Google Vampirism. I am sure you will come to the realization that Vampirism in this series amounts to little more than a joke.
A joke? They drink blood check, They sleep in Coffins check, they are weakned by Sunlight check, Creepy big Castle check sounds just like mythical vampires to me without any of the silly weaknesses like counting rice and not being able to cross water at certain tides
now I can tell you a real good vampire Joke.....its called Twilight ha vampires that sparkle give me a break

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
People seem to be confusing immortality with undeath. Two vastly different things. Vampires aren't immortal... they are the walking dead and they can be destroyed. It's like saying a zombie is immortal as long as nobody comes by and shoots him in the head.
Vampires are Immortal, Unlike other Undead their body does not decay thus it is not affected by time thus that makes them immortal, regular undead decay thats a BIG diffrence there is also a big difference between immortality and Invincibility, The Aedra are Immortal but they can still be killed Immortality makes you immune to Natural causes of Death not Death itself and just out of curiosity what do you see as the true vampire? the Undead body or the Demon within them?

In order to become a vampire, you must die first. Immortals don't die. The minute you are dead, you are firmly out of the immortal category. If you rise after you die, you are undead. Immortals aren't dead men walking, they are way above that. Immortals don't need to suck blood in order to function nor do they suffer adverse effects from sunlight. Vampire are parasitic abominations and are in no way in the same league as a true immortal. Not get all religious, but if you believe in God, you yourself are more immortal than a vampire.

Regarding my definition, demons and undead are completely different as well. You seem to be operating under the assumption that all vampires are demon possessed. Perhaps a demon might possess an undead creature but why would a demon bother? The whole point of demon possession aside from being able to influence this dimension more directly is to punish and soil a human and attempt to compromise it's soul. Vampires don't have souls anymore, they gave that up when they became dead and then undead, so I wouldn't imagine an animated corpse would be an attractive target for a demon.

J

Jeremius

You must not understand Vampirism, and instead cling to the joke that Bethesda uses.

Google Vampirism. I am sure you will come to the realization that Vampirism in this series amounts to little more than a joke.
A joke? They drink blood (which only reduces their power) check, They sleep in Coffins check, they are weakned by Sunlight (but not destroyed like other fictional depictions of them) check, Creepy big Castle check sounds just like mythical vampires to me without any of the silly weaknesses like counting rice and not being able to cross water at certain tides
now I can tell you a real good vampire Joke.....its called Twilight ha vampires that sparkle give me a break

Green represents key problems with REAL vampirism.

tx12001

People seem to be confusing immortality with undeath. Two vastly different things. Vampires aren't immortal... they are the walking dead and they can be destroyed. It's like saying a zombie is immortal as long as nobody comes by and shoots him in the head.
Vampires are Immortal, Unlike other Undead their body does not decay thus it is not affected by time thus that makes them immortal, regular undead decay thats a BIG diffrence there is also a big difference between immortality and Invincibility, The Aedra are Immortal but they can still be killed Immortality makes you immune to Natural causes of Death not Death itself and just out of curiosity what do you see as the true vampire? the Undead body or the Demon within them?

In order to become a vampire, you must die first. Immortals don't die. The minute you are dead, you are firmly out of the immortal category. If you rise after you die, you are undead. Immortals aren't dead men walking, they are way above that. Immortals don't need to suck blood in order to function nor do they suffer adverse effects from sunlight. Vampire are parasitic abominations are in no way in the same league as a true immortal. Not get all religious, but if you believe in God, you yourself are more immortal than a vampire.

Regarding my definition, demons and undead are completely different as well. You seem to be operating under the assumption that all vampires are demon possessed. Perhaps a demon might possess an undead creature but why would a demon bother? The whole point of demon possession aside from being able to influence this dimension more directly is to punish and soil a human and attempt to compromise it's soul. Vampires don't have souls anymore, they gave that up when they became dead and then undead, so I wouldn't imagine an animated corpse would be an attractive target for a demon.
but once you become undead you start to decay..vampires are undead that don't decay explain that give me a good enough explanation to how an undead creature does not Decay

tx12001

A joke? They drink blood (which only reduces their power) check, They sleep in Coffins check, they are weakned by Sunlight (but not destroyed like other fictional depictions of them) check, Creepy big Castle check sounds just like mythical vampires to me without any of the silly weaknesses like counting rice and not being able to cross water at certain tides

that makes ES vampire more powerful then mythological ones if game mechanics would have allowed it they would have been to hard to defeat.

J

Jeremius

In order to become a vampire, you must die first. Immortals don't die. The minute you are dead, you are firmly out of the immortal category. If you rise after you die, you are undead. Immortals aren't dead men walking, they are way above that. Immortals don't need to suck blood in order to function nor do they suffer adverse effects from sunlight. Vampire are parasitic abominations are in no way in the same league as a true immortal. Not get all religious, but if you believe in God, you yourself are more immortal than a vampire.

but once you become undead you start to decay..vampires are undead that don't decay explain that give me a good enough explanation to how an undead creature does not Decay

Vampires do not have a soul. So maybe not undead, but soulless.

J

Jeremius

that makes ES vampire more powerful then mythological ones if game mechanics would have allowed it they would have been to hard to defeat.

IT makes them the good parts of Vampirism without the total package. not more powerful.

That is all TES Vampirism is, all of the good stuff, with none or minimal versions of the bad. pointless and not worth bothering with.

tx12001

then if they are souless instead of Undead why don't they age? that would clearly indicate immortality you must admit you kind of walked straight into that

J

Jeremius

then if they are souless instead of Undead why don't they age? that would clearly indicate immortality you must admit you kind of walked straight into that

It cam be seen a form of undeath because it is losing the soul, not the body.

tx12001

Vampirism in TES a joke on what Vampirism should be, nothing more. Does not matter if you are the most cunning person in the world or the stupidest. You can live forever with Vampirism and not suffer the true negatives of it.
I ask have you played Oblivon? cause if you did you would know Vampires in Oblivon burned to death in the sunlight taking massive health damage every second in the sunlight if they did not feed, the vampires in Daggerfall burned in sunlight and took damage in holy places, the vampires in Skyrim suffer little weakness because they are amongst the strongest vampires in Tamriel

LotusEater

If they don't consume blood, they deteriorate very quickly. The only thing that keeps them from decaying is the consumption of blood. Parasites? Yes. Immortal... not a chance. There are many, many ways of disposing of a vampire aside from driving a stake through it's heart. The only reason they survive is because they hide most of the time and they have a few tricks to escape. Immortals don't run from a torch carrying mob with pitchforks... they laugh.

J

Jeremius

I ask have you played Oblivon? cause if you did you would know Vampires in Oblivon burned to death in the sunlight taking massive health damage every second in the sunlight if they did not feed, the vampires in Daggerfall burned in sunlight and took damage in holy places, the vampires in Skyrim suffer little weakness because they are amongst the strongest vampires in Tamriel

I ask you if you realize that that only works if you are in higher levels of it in oblivion. you do not die from it unless you let it kill you.

I would say that Daggerfall is the closes to REAL vampirism I can see, but it is still a joke.

LotusEater

Before drinking blood:

Eldersleep.jpg

After drinking blood:

Viktor.jpg

Pretty huge difference imo.

tx12001

Before drinking blood:

Eldersleep.jpg

After drinking blood:

Viktor.jpg

Pretty huge difference imo.
thats underworld did you know in underwolrd werewolves are immortal as well when in truth all they are are humans that turn into animals

tx12001

I ask you if you realize that that only works if you are in higher levels of it in oblivion. you do not die from it unless you let it kill you.

I would say that Daggerfall is the closes to REAL vampirism I can see, but it is still a joke.
well in daggerfall a vampire was very very powerful NPC vampires being 3 times as powerful as a werewolf, completely immune to iron and steel weapons meaning guards could no longer kill you if you became one and disease and paralysis immunity, their only real weakness was Sunlight and Holy places becoming one in Daggerfall is very hard, they are the 3rd most powerful enemy in the entrie game before daedra lords (Dremora Lords) and Ancient Lichs but are considered the most deadly because they cant kill themselves with their own attacks and are very fast and spawn frequently

J

Jeremius

well in daggerfall a vampire was very very powerful NPC vampires being 3 times as powerful as a werewolf, completely immune to iron and steel weapons meaning guards could no longer kill you if you became one and disease and paralysis immunity, their only real weakness was Sunlight and Holy places becoming one in Daggerfall is very hard, they are the 3rd most powerful enemy in the entrie game before daedra lords (Dremora Lords) and Ancient Lichs but are considered the most deadly because they cant kill themselves with their own attacks and are very fast and spawn frequently

Which is why I would consider Daggerfall Vampires the only REAL vampires. Explain however you want, but Oblivion, where you have to rest/wait/sleep in order to advance into the stages, and Skyrim which has Dawnguard which makes it possible to walk around as level four and not get attacked, have simply watered down versions of Vampirism. You can also prevent it if you get the disease that turns you into one, which I doubt is possible in most works of Fiction with them in.

tx12001

Well, Vampires in almost any lore/fiction have the insatiable need for blood in order to survive. Take that away from them, they are not immortal now, are they?
we are talking about ES vampire, Valerica was in the soul cairn for over a millennia without any blood explain that, Blood for Vampires in ES is simply either a Source of Power or an Addiction like a Drug

You actually gain more power being a Vampire that DOESN'T drink blood, which is not like any vampire at all. All drinking blood does is allows a vampire to pass off as a non-vampire. The Dawnguard waters it down even more. It is not useful anymore.
then they dont require blood so if they dont require blood whats stopping them from decaying?

LotusEater

we are talking about ES vampire, Valerica was in the soul cairn for over a millennia without any blood explain that, Blood for Vampires in ES is simply either a Source of Power or an Addiction like a Drug

You actually gain more power being a Vampire that DOESN'T drink blood, which is not like any vampire at all. All drinking blood does is allows a vampire to pass off as a non-vampire. The Dawnguard waters it down even more. It is not useful anymore.
then they dont require blood so if they dont require blood whats stopping them from decaying?

A simplistic view of vampires from the developers...