Does anyone else have a fear of vampirism?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
J

Jeremius

I never said they were living creatures. I said they have a "life force". Therefore they can "live" without actually being alive... You are running out of arguments good sir :p

I think you are confusing "existence" with "living" my friend.

I think you're the one confused on the word :p If you live you exist... if you exist you can still live. A robot for instance if given the ability of self awareness, a conscience, and basically all the things humans have, it is a living (an existing) creature... it may not be flesh and blood with a heartbeat but it is still a living creature none the less. So why should a vampire be any different? They are not a "living (truly living)" creature and yet they can still live (exist). It's all semantics and how the word is used. All of these things exist and live (undead live like people?) at the same time.

Another example... a person who is on life support, but is basically a vegetable (even though I hate using that word for people) they're technically still alive (actually they are technically acorpse kept alive by a machine, like a Vampire is a corpse kept "alive" by evil), but can you truly say they are "living"? What kind of life are they living? Their brain is basically dead but their body is still alive.

I'm not trying to be rude I'm just trying to explain how your arguments make no sense and just sound like you're <trying> so hard to justify your point when you really can't :\
But also to be honest I don't even know what your point was. I just jumped in the argument because I saw something of vampires :p I love vampires, and probably know more about them and their folklore than anyone here >.> I'm that much of a fanatic (although I still had to learn something about ES vampires awhile ago that I didn't know. Always good to learn knew things ^_^

When I see a Vampire, I am reminded that it is UNDEAD, as in not living. Makes me reluctant to use the words "live" or "living" even by adding the "without not being alive" line.