Spoiler Do You Use Shouts?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mjolnir

Yes, Fire Breath has saved me from many a sticky situation.

Become Ethereal and Slow Time are really handy for those axe traps in Draugr catacombs.
I also love messing about with Unrelenting Force and Throw Voice

I had never thought about using Slow Time for that purpose.
Oh it's quite interesting slowing down those swinging blade traps. It becomes almost mesmerizing :eek:

Train

Is that all you got?!
no the third level doesn't call meteors... that's a shout the player doesn't have access to unfortunately.

Blast! Oh well, I guess there needs to be something that makes Alduin special, it would have been nice to get that though.

The least useful has got to be A.Allegiance, I don't think I have ever used it successfully.

I'm not even sure how that one's supposed to work. I guess you'd have to be near animals, it certainly doesn't spawn them or call them from a distance, but the only time I'd ever need any help would be against a dragon, so they wouldn't help much until it lands; otherwise it's the animals themselves that I'm struggling with...useless. Just be a Bosmer and you can command them anyway, but if I find any creature I want to fight it, not have it as a pet...

Something I just realized, shouts are suppose to be used by dragons, since they came up with all of them except for Dragonrend. So if that's the case...exactly why would a dragon need Throw Voice? I could understand Aura Whisper maybe to let them see where enemies are, but what about Elemental Fury? Uh-oh, I think I just over thought things...

Blast! Oh well, I guess there needs to be something that makes Alduin special, it would have been nice to get that though.

I'm not even sure how that one's supposed to work. I guess you'd have to be near animals, it certainly doesn't spawn them or call them from a distance, but the only time I'd ever need any help would be against a dragon, so they wouldn't help much until it lands; otherwise it's the animals themselves that I'm struggling with...useless. Just be a Bosmer and you can command them anyway, but if I find any creature I want to fight it, not have it as a pet...

Something I just realized, shouts are suppose to be used by dragons, since they came up with all of them except for Dragonrend. So if that's the case...exactly why would a dragon need Throw Voice? I could understand Aura Whisper maybe to let them see where enemies are, but what about Elemental Fury? Uh-oh, I think I just over thought things...
Hahahaha I think you did over-think things. Maybe the dragons invented these kinds of shouts to be used by thier Dragon Priests?

Sweet Rolls

True Nord 4 lyf yo
As an Archer I use Aura Whisper a lot when I'm exploring a dungeon, so I know where the Draugr are at in the next room. Unrelenting Force is like a trademark of Skyrim so I like to shoot goats off of mountains with it. But I never really use them in combat for the same reasons as you Train. If I can't at least hone Destruction skills with Fire Breath and other elemental damage Shouts, I wont bother with them too much. The only power I use frequently is Shadowcloak of Nocturnal.

Train

Is that all you got?!
Hahahaha I think you did over-think things. Maybe the dragons invented these kinds of shouts to be used by thier Dragon Priests?

Good catch, the whole story of Skyrim was unraveling before my eyes. That explains it actually, see, Bethsoft needs us to fill in their plot holes. It actually wouldn't suprise me if that thought had been thrown around the studio during development, especially when they were coming up with shouts and couldn't think of very many that dragons would use, then someone said "hey, what about the Dragon Priests..."

I'm actually completely serious, that really could have happened, the people that find the most plot holes are the ones that are telling the story. Sources: I've been one of those "story tellers" and had to work it out; a well-developed idea goes a long way to selling the realism.

I find myself using Marked For Death on tougher enemies, and Unrelenting Force on more powerful Draugr to show them who holds the real shout power. I have a feeling I'll use Ice Form a lot when I get it.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Most Shouts are useful to me with the exception of the animal related ones. Complete waste of a dragon soul. I unlocked them to get the achievement but now I don't bother. Dismay is another one I don't use. But Unrelenting Force, Marked For Death and Ice Form are my favorites.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I use unrelenting force quite a bit. I'll usually start an attack with arrows and when the enemy gets close use the first word to stagger them to give enough time to draw my melee weapon.

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
haha I use Fus Ro Da to throw trolls off cliffs because they're so annoying. Other than that, I don't really use any besides Elemental Fury, it makes my Orc swing her sword real quick like. :]

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
Now I'm unsoberly thinking about the last 10 hrs of RL time (thats close on a month gametime, with shift sleeping), Anders used probably 3 shouts when partied with Lyd.

Ur Force quite a few times, mostly on bosses, to get them reeling and then two viscious warriors charge in.

Kyne's Peace on a den of Chaurus (as I've said before only creepier thing than Chaurus is Belethor saying `Doooooooooo Cum Baaackk`)-- uuughh

Lastly, :- As her face just ghostly....turn Ethereal and sprint up to the really nasty Draugr Death Gits, before they can hurt Lydia....

I'm getting really, really sad aren't I? I should probably get married again..., but that's even worse...

Train

Is that all you got?!
I have absolutely no idea what you were saying, Drewski, but I completely agree...thumbs up!

Doomy

Call dragon to set fire to the bee hives was my favorite. Massive overkill, got my wrists slapped, but it did for those tough guards, nearly wet myself laughing

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Jaeger

Good catch, the whole story of Skyrim was unraveling before my eyes. That explains it actually, see, Bethsoft needs us to fill in their plot holes. It actually wouldn't suprise me if that thought had been thrown around the studio during development, especially when they were coming up with shouts and couldn't think of very many that dragons would use, then someone said "hey, what about the Dragon Priests..."

I'm actually completely serious, that really could have happened, the people that find the most plot holes are the ones that are telling the story. Sources: I've been one of those "story tellers" and had to work it out; a well-developed idea goes a long way to selling the realism.

Like people dying from disease...

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
ALWAYS. Unrelenting Force, Fire breath, Ice form, Storm Call, Marked for Death and Call Dragon

These are my favorites but I use Unrelenting Force and Call Dragon the most

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Aura Whisper, Unrelenting Force, Marked for Death. That's about it, unless I'm raging on a village after I've been all over Skyrim three times, and still no one is selling an Enchanter's Elixir. :mad: STORM CALL

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Aura Whisper, Unrelenting Force, Marked for Death. That's about it, unless I'm raging on a village after I've been all over Skyrim three times, and still no one is selling an Enchanter's Elixir. :mad: STORM CALL
If you want enchanting potion MAKE ONE. Snowberries and Blue Butterfly wings.

Snowberries can easily be harvest at the courtyard of the college while Blue butterfly wings are found anywhere except snowy areas. I found most blue butterflies in Riften and the tundra of WHiterun hold

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts