Do you spend your gold in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Straumgald

After the houses, training is it. I stopped picking up loot after I hit 100 alchemy and had potions that sell for over 4000 gold (Bear claw, creep cluster, and giant toe IIRC.). With riverwood invested in, I sell 3 potions and then do quests for a couple game days.
Bear claw, creep cluster, and giant toe IIRC.

cmp007

Whats the best way/best place to pawn off a ton of stuff for money. I have lots of stuff and no one to buy it. It gets hard making money when all the merchants I talk to have $500-750.

Xiomn

I simply prefer plain weapons now with no enchantments. Even though enemies have enchanted weapons it makes my character feel normal if you get me. As for selling items to vendors i just wait two days for them to replenish their money rather than spending perks in Speech for investment, it really isn't that time consuming in real time.

jam

I gave all my possible followers in the game armor and weapons, which I bought materials for and then crafted. When the merchants ran out of materials I just started buying it. That cost me quite a bit of gold.
I also own all the houses and invest in stores.

And I personally love the speech perks. Being able to sell anything to any of the merchants is fantastic and I steal a lot so I like to have a lot of fences around.

Whats the best way/best place to pawn off a ton of stuff for money. I have lots of stuff and no one to buy it. It gets hard making money when all the merchants I talk to have $500-750.

The best way to pawn off stuff is to put perks in speech skills and finish the thieves guilds. The fence down in the guild will gain more and more money as the quest progresses. At the very end she has 4,000, which still isn't a lot, but very helpful for getting rid of maybe one or two high priced items.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I sold what I had laying around and went from 60k gold to over 240k gold. I don't even bother to stop and check chests or loot anymore. Speeds up the action ALOT!!

cmp007

I sold what I had laying around and went from 60k gold to over 240k gold. I don't even bother to stop and check chests or loot anymore. Speeds up the action ALOT!!

how did you make that much money? the most i can find anyone to have is like a grand. i just enchant a bunch of boots with cneak and there worth like 3k but i cant find anyone who has close to that. i guess the girl in thieves will once i complete but how did you manage to make that much money lol

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
how did you make that much money? the most i can find anyone to have is like a grand. i just enchant a bunch of boots with cneak and there worth like 3k but i cant find anyone who has close to that. i guess the girl in thieves will once i complete but how did you manage to make that much money lol

I spend the time to get my Speech to 100%, giving me an added $500 to invest in a merchant. Then when I hit 100% I chose the "Master Merchant" perk (or something of the like) which gave every merchant an additional 1k.

Don't get me wrong, I still took it up the ole choclate whizway on some of the stuff that was over 2500 gold, but I typically just bought stuff from them that I wanted/needed then sold back to them once I had their total gold up high enough. Still ended up losing over 40k in gold to them not being able to afford the price.

I felt bad since I was wearing Cicero's clothes, Volksung and a Necklace of Emminent Haggling. They didn't stand a chance. : )

LeAmericain

In Fear and Faith
I have so much junk laying around my house to sell its unreal. I even got my speech to 100 and invested in the perks. problem is, I have many things that will quickly deplete the 2000 gold and some things that are too expensive for any trader. Even thought im rich as hell I still dont want to spend gold, I exploited the glitch to get proudspire free and the only thing i bought recently was iron bars to raise my smithing. Doesnt help that im saving money for the 100k gold achievment (i have around 50k right now)

cmp007

I spend the time to get my Speech to 100%, giving me an added $500 to invest in a merchant. Then when I hit 100% I chose the "Master Merchant" perk (or something of the like) which gave every merchant an additional 1k.

Don't get me wrong, I still took it up the ole choclate whizway on some of the stuff that was over 2500 gold, but I typically just bought stuff from them that I wanted/needed then sold back to them once I had their total gold up high enough. Still ended up losing over 40k in gold to them not being able to afford the price.

I felt bad since I was wearing Cicero's clothes, Volksung and a Necklace of Emminent Haggling. They didn't stand a chance. : )

yea ive got the extra 500 but havent used the perk on the 1000 yes. ive got it maxed and also use ciceros stuff lol. i just didnt know if there was an easier way than selling one thing and wating 2 days. what ive been doing is killing them reloading but i only get 1k and thats the chick from thieves guild. im hoping when i complete it she will have more.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
yea ive got the extra 500 but havent used the perk on the 1000 yes. ive got it maxed and also use ciceros stuff lol. i just didnt know if there was an easier way than selling one thing and wating 2 days. what ive been doing is killing them reloading but i only get 1k and thats the chick from thieves guild. im hoping when i complete it she will have more.

Well, OCD as I am, I have set up a route in Solitude. Start with the wife at home (1k), head to the Fletcher (1.5k), the blacksmith (2.5k), the fishmonger (1k), the lady next to him (1k), Bits and Pieces (1.5k), Aromatics (1.5k), Rainment (2k), Skeever for Golumi (2k) and then the inn keeper (1k). The I wait 48 hours and do it all in reverse.

I suppose I could run up to the Blue Palace but that is just SO far away when you are gossly overencumbered.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I have so much junk laying around my house to sell its unreal. I even got my speech to 100 and invested in the perks. problem is, I have many things that will quickly deplete the 2000 gold and some things that are too expensive for any trader. Even thought im rich as hell I still dont want to spend gold, I exploited the glitch to get proudspire free and the only thing i bought recently was iron bars to raise my smithing. Doesnt help that im saving money for the 100k gold achievment (i have around 50k right now)

Bend over sunshine, noone can afford it all. HATE that I have to take a loss!!

LeAmericain

In Fear and Faith
No, im talking about 1 object, no one can afford it. Like for example, nobody in Skyrim has enough money to buy my upgraded dragonplate armor. Im thinking of just dropping everything except stuff i want to sell and going around selling it to every merchant...thatll get rid of 5 necklaces at least. Then ill just wait 2 days...even if i take a loss, its not like im loosing anything important and its not like i can get more elsewhere. Ahh how I miss jrpg shops with infinite money to buy things...

Anonylulz

After the achievement for 100k I stopped caring about looting heavily. I dropped down to about 70k from buying and fully upgrading my house in Markarth, but it's rising steadily as the only thing I buy now is all the alchemy ingredients I can find.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Wow, I can't believe everyone has so much money in the game. I just had under 20k and practically wasted all of it on upgrading the Windhelm house.

dragonkilla

I rarely spend my money at all in Skyrim. The only time i'll ever spend my money is to buy quest items such as ingredients etc and for role-playing purposes such as buying food and drink at an inn.

I never buy armor as i can find it in other areas like caves and stuff. I never buy health potions unless i really really need them because they're usually lying around in caves anyway as i quest.

I never buy weapons for the same reason as above.

What is there to buy in Skyrim except homes and home upgrades really? :confused: I just have 20k sitting in my pocket doing nothing.
U can spend money so you could get better spells and stuff, and also invest money on ur skills, so u could lvl it up faster

cmp007

Ive been spending alot of money upgrading my alchemy thats where all mine went. So im trying to get it back quick lol. cost over 4k a level now from the chick from the brotherhood. But im gonna try the solitude route it looks good to me

Anonylulz

My trainers keep telling me I need to level up, and then I can level up three times but they won't teach me. Even master trainers or experts in skills where I have 30 or 45 skill, almost no one trains me. Even with people like the destruction teacher whom I know I've never used, idk what's up.

I just realized as a mage I pretty much never needed to spend money if I heal and have good robes, then I started making my own armor for cheap. Like I was saying before all I have to buy is alchemy ingrediants, and I steal clothes to enchant haha. I don't know what else to do though since I can't spend money on any training apparently.

Al'Amar

The Wood Elf
Like someone said above, just spend it on your training for other skills. Personally I just use my spare gold and buy misc items from the blacksmith, just to make better armor. At combat level 9 I was making Eleven Armor.

Straumgald

Riverwood Trader has 12500 gold for me everytime. Invest in him he goes right to 10k, then with the +1k perk he has tons of gold. Although I take it all with 3 potions. I bet its not even a bug/exploit, they probably just decided to make one of your investments have good ROI.

Also isn't there a point where prices don't get any higher/lower? I find anymore than +20 speech/haggling from 100 and prices aren't changing. I think it's too avoid being able to buy stuff for less than you can sell it to them for.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts