Do you spend your gold in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
now that im further into the game i really dont unless im going to buy a new place

Xiomn

not sure how smithing and enchanting ruins the game? But I can make WAY better weapons than I find. Between the smithing, enchanting and looting I have a ridiculous amount of money, I just horde it away like a little troll.

Overpowered nuff said.

Necromis

Overpowered nuff said.
you have got to be kidding, the only way that either of them are over powered is if you use the potion exploit. If you simply use the skills like you do other skills and increase them over time they are very leveled and balanced.

Xiomn

you have got to be kidding, the only way that either of them are over powered is if you use the potion exploit. If you simply use the skills like you do other skills and increase them over time they are very leveled and balanced.

You have got to be kidding, they're overpowered. :rolleyes:

Vagrant

bumbling buffoon
The only time I use gold is to buy skooma, or to buy off a guard/person. Most of the time I just loot from other npcs for what I need, and they are usually well-stocked. The constant hording of jewels comes in handy, especially when I find that one item with that one enchantment I've had an extremely hard time coming across. Then, its off to steal goods, pawn them, and liquidize my horde for the shiny. Other than that, my gold just remains in my inventory, collecting dust. Of course, it wasnt always like this. There were many a night slept in the wilderness after spending three hours in game to steal a loaf of bread. Those were the days.

dwright71

I bought the house in Whiterun(Breezehome) and all of the upgrades for it. That's been my biggest investment so far. It's a nice looking house and I still had 9,000 gold left over. Not too bad.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Aside from housing and spell tomes, is there a need to spend it? The only reason I bought the house was to store my "trophies"

Xiomn

Yeah i hardly ever go to my home. I just bought it for whenever i feel like taking a break from the game i like to role-play as a normal citizen and will go to my home a lot and stuff. Most probably will end up doing that when i have completed everything though.

AlimuMC

I hoard everything. I spend gold for homes, and the upgrades, but honestly everything in the stores, to the best of my knowledhe, can be found/harvested out in the world. I just wish I could drop single gold coins. My idead was to make a scrooge mcduck gold coin swimming pool in one of my homes.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
On the Xbox there is an achievement for reaching 100,000 Gold, but after reaching that, owning every house fully furnished, having lots of Armor Sets & loads of weapons the money just accumulates. Now I have over 400,000 and nothing to spend in on.
It's a pity there isn't an achievement for reaching 1 million or something similar.

Dvalin

no, not enough said. What does "overpowered" mean?
How is building weapons that gain you money and levels you up "overpowered"?
Overpowered means it makes the game to easy, and thus, not fun to play. Sometimes its fun to play on "god mode" but most of the time I think people want a challenge. Combining smithing and enchanting can take that challenge away somewhat. I got my enchanting to 100 and had to kick it up to master to not feel like it was on apprentice.

keh'lin

Overpowered means it makes the game to easy, and thus, not fun to play. Sometimes its fun to play on "god mode" but most of the time I think people want a challenge. Combining smithing and enchanting can take that challenge away somewhat. I got my enchanting to 100 and had to kick it up to master to not feel like it was on apprintice.
Thanks for explaining :D
I don't think it makes it overpowered at all, since isn't the point of the game to level up? This is the first game I've ever played before, so it doesn't make it too easy for me to level up

Dvalin

Thanks for explaining :D
I don't think it makes it overpowered at all, since isn't the point of the game to level up? This is the first game I've ever played before, so it doesn't make it too easy for me to level up
No problem. Trust me once you get the hang of it you'll understand what he's talking about, but in the mean time have fun. Enchanting is Bad a**.

keh'lin

No problem. Trust me once you get the hang of it you'll understand what he's talking about, but in the mean time have fun. Enchanting is Bad a**.
It is fun, I do have the problem of no merchants having enough money to buy my stuff now. I make a sword, upgrade it and then enchant it but when I try to sell it, the guy never has enough cash for it. And, since I made a sword that collects souls, I have an overabundance of soul gems (I got a little over zealous).

Dvalin

I had the same problem...its a LONG ROAD to 100 doing it the honest way. My selling run was, warmaidens, then the 'sell his sister merchant up the road and lastly Farengar Secret Fire at the top of Dragon's Reach to pick up any filled grand soul gems he might have,(they're expensive but you can afford it after that walk) wait 2 days, repeat. Pick up every iron/steel dagger and enchant it with turn undead. That seams to be the best return on weight/worth. BTW dont wast the perk in soul squeezer or soul siphon, just do the black star quest and recharge after a random bandit kill.

keh'lin

I didn't bother using that perk, I found a sword that pulls souls, I disenchanted, made an epic (or maybe legendary?) glass sword and enchanted it with a black soul gem (that I also found somewhere along the way)

Dvalin

If you haven't done it yet ask for rumers until they mention the shrine of azura. Do the black star quest and side with the high elf, NOT the dark elf. Your reward is the enchanter's dream.