• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
I'm actually quite unafraid of things, for the most part. I do, however, have a fear for loud, spontaneous noises (such as a fire alarm), and am also somewhat of a trypanophobe (fear of needles).

Cruzz27

It's not a "phobia" per say, but remote controls can't be pointed at me. I've been like that since I was a kid. Don't ask where it came from, but whenever I'm watching tv with anybody or by myself, I have to make sure that any remote isn't pointed at me.

Lol that's so crazy :)

DRTBAG

I love spiders. I had a collection of ten I raised to adulthood all extremely venomous & 1 I could hold & hang with. The weirdest thing is I kept my head skin bald & having her crawl around on my head with all that hair felt weird. The other thing is all spiders are poisonous & have extremely good defensive tactics tarantula will "spray" or "pull" hairs from their body as a defenses tactic before biting. The idea is for animal such as wolves or coyote,whenever they go to eat it it'll shed the hair & it'll go up the nose & irritates the sinuses & it'll usually flee. It happened to me a couple of times just on my arm & body & it felt like poison ivy.the best way to "chill" s spider out is...., well, chill it out. To clean the cages of my deadly ones I would put the spider in the fridge for a min or less(any longer & it kills em). As for what scares me....open water & high stuff. I don't like the idea of all those things swimming around....I won't even eat anything that swims.

"Hope for everything, expect nothing."

SherlockJones

I'm where you least expect me, THERE! no not there
It sounds weird but I'm terrified that when I die people will forget about me :sadface:

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2

Rand Althor

Legionnaire
Talking on the phone to people I don't know does it for me. Probably due to my stutter, or speech impediment, or whatever else you wanna call it. I will say this though. I have built up a vocabulary to substitute words I stutter on with words I don't. Whatever works, man.

Lots of people seem to have a thing with spiders, as evidenced here. I once had a pair of pet scorpions, so spiders don't bug me at all. I actually love looking at their intricate webs, usually out in the woods.

Same here. I'm fine with talking to people in person, but I just never know what to say when I'm in the phone.

SherlockJones

I'm where you least expect me, THERE! no not there
Make sure you go out in a blaze of glory (and by that I dont mean going on a killing rampage).
Right, I have here a woman named gloria, and I intend to set her ablaze, now what?

Judas

I'm just a big, hairy American winning machine.

OrexxerO

Theres a name for every phobia :p. Mine personally is heights.....I shake uncontrollably going 5 feet up a ladder, but I would happily remove any creepy crawlies and wrestle giant snakes :p.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Ostriches, believe it or not. I remember being taken to this sort of drive-thru zoo place when I was very young...the ostriches were pecking at the car windows and they looked so mean! :eek: I've had recurring nightmares about stampedes of them chasing me through the woods into the house ever since then. Emus also give me the creeps to a lesser extent. It's kind of a silly phobia, but I'm glad I don't encounter them often :p

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Ostriches, believe it or not. I remember being taken to this sort of drive-thru zoo place when I was very young...the ostriches were pecking at the car windows and they looked so mean! :eek: I've had recurring nightmares about stampedes of them chasing me through the woods into the house ever since then. Emus also give me the creeps to a lesser extent. It's kind of a silly phobia, but I'm glad I don't encounter them often :p

That's pretty random you're the first person I know scared of Ostriches.

OrexxerO

While you may think your ostrich phobia is silly, I could understand it still. Birds, especially ones like parrots and such with huge beaks do have the ability to really injure a person, more so then any snake you could have as a pet or turantula or anything that looks more creepy. I was at a bird sanctuary and there was a red macaw there that was there because he had broken his owners wrist by biting it....this thing had a huge beak, I could believe the story for sure.

SukieK

I have a fear of Heights and great speeds combined, like roller coasters for example!

Plus, i do not like turning right... Not sure if there is a word for it, but turning right, whether walking, cycling, in a car or even in a game makes me uncomfortable.

And water that is too dark to see through scares me.

Loud noises and cramped spaces me me murderous.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
I grew up in the basement apartment of my grandmother's house, not very well off of course, and we had an infestation of cave crickets that the adults in the house refused to call the exterminator about. As a result, I'm extremely phobic of any spider or insect that can crawl up to eye level because it may jump on you, as these things did. I'm getting the creeps just mentioning it. Eeew.

Also, a spider bungee-jumped in front of my face a couple of nights ago while I was playing FEAR. Nice timing, spider. Eeew!

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
This may not constitute a true phobia, and indeed most people will admit to having some form of it, but I have a strong dislike of growing old. I'm "only" 28, but still I sometimes feel like I've lived a century already. That, and I don't ever want to be feeble, useless and forgotten. The thought of turning 30 in less than 2 years is a huge downer :p

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
Talking on the phone to people I don't know does it for me. Probably due to my stutter, or speech impediment, or whatever else you wanna call it. I will say this though. I have built up a vocabulary to substitute words I stutter on with words I don't. Whatever works, man.

Lots of people seem to have a thing with spiders, as evidenced here. I once had a pair of pet scorpions, so spiders don't bug me at all. I actually love looking at their intricate webs, usually out in the woods.
Dude, I stutter as well! I do the same thing on the phone and in person.

For me its heights, or drowning. Drowning is such a slow death.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Spiders
Clowns
Dark rooms

That's most of them :D I FREAK OUT if I walk past a dark room. I can sleep in the dark, only when I'm not already scared about something though. But walking past dark rooms gives me the creeps, I always feel like something is watching me from the darkness.... :eek:

Clowns for obvious reasons. They're fluffing scary.

Spiders for obvious reasons. Don't even get me started. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts