• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Not a lot of stuff bothers me tbh apart from one thing that turns me into a trembling wreck and that is spiders I can't stand the little fuc#ers. Last night I was in bed when one big ass fuc#er did a bungee jump from the roof and landed on my duvet I got up quicker than Usain Bolt doing the 100m sprint and may of let out a little scream. I spent a good 20 mins doing a search and destroy mission but couldn't find him and couldn't sleep for a good few hours. I have no idea why they bother me so much but they scare the plops out of me so do any of you lot have a phobia if so what is it.

Brizzle Kicks

Sounds like you have Arachnophobia :)

You aint wrong I have held a tarantula before with no real problems they are fairly slow moving or the one I held was and I was fine. But if I see a common house spider shooting across the room I turn to jelly it's pretty weird.

sticky runes

I think spiders are fascinating creatures, but I prefer not to be in the same room/building as them. I don't mind watching them on a documentary on TV, or even looking at them in a zoo in an enclosure, but I don't want them walking freely near me and thinking they can just wander around my house. That's a no-no.

Maggots creep me out as well. If you encounter maggots, most likely they're not alone.

And I'm not fond of heights. If I'm up high, I don't want to see directly below me.

Children scare me as well.

The only thing I can really think of that scares the plops out of me is rejection. It may sound odd, but I am sometimes crippled by the fear of rejection. Haha! It's all a matter of moving past that and acting for me. Work in progress. ;)

JellyfishJam38

For some reason, the only things I'm scared of are this piracy ad and this animal rights ad. Everyone's just like "Oh my god, spiders are so scary", and I'm like, "Oh, really? Look at the trailer reels on your old VHS tapes."

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Spiders.
I'm scared of spiders. when I was younger, my 10 year older nephew decided it was a great idea to throw a big-ass spider at me. It crawled all over me, and I just ran and screamed. and my nephew was just laughing his ass off.

whenever a spider surprises me, I get a very wierd feeling of terror.. I can watch them sit and even move. but if they surprise me, or move very suddenly. I get that strange feeling of fear.

It's the only animal I'm affraid of. I know my fear isn't rational, but at that moment of fear I just loose it. Heck, here in The Netherlands spiders are not even venomous.

kyleekay

For some reason, I'm terrified of being shot. Stabbed? Beheaded? Beat to death? Piece of cake! But getting shot... PASS! It's super weird, but definitely affects me if I'm out at night, walking by myself. Every car I walk by I think some person is going to jump out and pop a cap in my behind. :confused:

Brizzle Kicks

For some reason, I'm terrified of being shot. Stabbed? Beheaded? Beat to death? Piece of cake! But getting shot... PASS! It's super weird, but definitely affects me if I'm out at night, walking by myself. Every car I walk by I think some person is going to jump out and pop a cap in my behind. :confused:

That is pretty weird a chap I did the doors with in Bristol was terrified of being stabbed he used to wear body armour, kevlar gloves the full works every where he went even if it was just to pop down the shops.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I'm afraid of balloons popping. Pretty sure it stems from my mother warning me, as a child, not to pop balloons at birthday parties and such, because the rubber bits go flying and might hit someone in the eye. To this day, I get a little anxious if I see balloons, or someone blowing up a balloon.

Spiders? No problem. Snakes? Love them. But balloons? Get those fl*ffers away from me.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Talking on the phone to people I don't know does it for me. Probably due to my stutter, or speech impediment, or whatever else you wanna call it. I will say this though. I have built up a vocabulary to substitute words I stutter on with words I don't. Whatever works, man.

Lots of people seem to have a thing with spiders, as evidenced here. I once had a pair of pet scorpions, so spiders don't bug me at all. I actually love looking at their intricate webs, usually out in the woods.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I actually love looking at their intricate webs, usually out in the woods.
This. One summer a rather large spider had built a web in the back of my ex's truck, which was sitting out-of-order in our driveway for a few months. I loved watching it patch up broken pieces of the web. I'd even catch some various crawlies in my backyard and chuck them into the web for the spider, who would run out of its hiding place to wrap up its new snack. They're just such interesting creatures!

Docta Corvina

I'm afraid of balloons popping. Pretty sure it stems from my mother warning me, as a child, not to pop balloons at birthday parties and such, because the rubber bits go flying and might hit someone in the eye. To this day, I get a little anxious if I see balloons, or someone blowing up a balloon.

OMG...iPag...I have the SAME phobia! :eek: I always thought I was the only one in existence with it, but apparently not! This is comforting to know! I'm still so anxious around balloons, man. My stance has always been Helium or GTFO. Rather, GET IT THE FLUFF AWAY FROM ME.

Seeing man-made objects underwater creeps me out too. Can't explain it, really. But, undersides of boats, submarines, dock posts, etc. CREEPY AS FLUFF to me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts