• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Love them. Get soul gems from the machines: fill them by killing Falmer. Pick up Dwemer material to smelt: create Dwarven bows: enchant and sell them to make money and raise Smithing.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
Yes, yes, a thousand times YES. I can't stand everything that comes with the dwarven ruins: Falmer, Chaurus, and especially the spheres/metal spiders/guardians.

I typically play archers, and can't stand going there because I can't avoid losing every arrow. -.-

Karen

boop.
I don't know if I hate them, I just feel incredibly lonely and isolated from the world when I'm in one - full of old, abandoned machinery and degenerates. They kind of creep me out.

Also, I'm really bad at navigation and tend to get lost in them a lot.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
I hate and love them!
On one side, if the Dwemer were going to leave Tamriel, shut the steam down! Turn off the machinery! Why would they have armies circling underground with nothing to defend? Then the falmer, cute snow elves once, angry flippy's cousins who want you dead now with as much torture as possible. (Still shocked by the Alftand expedition for it going so terribly when they had a unique shield on their side!)
But Blackreach is so... Blackreach! The mushrooms, the nirnroot that made me spend two hours circling the headaching blue looking for them (FYI, I was terrified of fighting giants since I lost to one at a low level, the one in there was unavoidable conflict and my first time feeling baddass in game!) Then the awesome dwemer artifacts:
  • Volendrung
  • Keening
  • Grimsever
  • Warped Soul Gem
  • Cups and plates (love those)
  • That helmet that spits steam breath (name is weird, and I am lazy to search it)
  • Aethereal stuff
  • Calcelmo's staff
  • Dynamo Cores (Had a house dull of those)
  • Armor and weapons
  • Heavy as Oblivion Cogs and Strut Metals that are not worth it and force you to leave other good stuff for them
  • Wraithguard
So what, they made mazes out of their houses, it's the only place where you can feel alone (except Alftand), the thrill behind the story in every dungeon is awesome, the engines are inovative and you get good stuff!

Annageckos

I don't hate them, but don't like them either. I'm a sneaky archer and go slow, so I am able to kill most things before they know I'm there. But I still don't like them. I avoid them when I can.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I find them as essential and are some of the best explorable caverns. The only problem is I don't like getting bogged down in one for hours on end like in blackreach. In fact I did that quest and I got out and then I took a little break ... it magically got deleted and I tried to find the crimson nirnroot again but failed and gave up COMPLETELY like I had to make a new character.

Nighthiker77

I think the Crimson nirnroot quest and reward were both super lame. I won't ever be doing it again.
Blackreach does rock though.

ShadowHunter

I like Dwemer Ruins. They are fun to explore and are a great source of filling soul gems and getting smithing materials

Nighthiker77

They go a lot faster once you get the hang of them, especially if you are strong enough to push forward fairly fearlessly. I think they drag on forever the first few times because you have to be cautious. Once you know the falmer are blind and you are muffled, you can run right up on them as long as you don't bump into anything.

Voyager253

They're quite easy as an assassin, as you get to choose if you want to insta-kill an opponent or five, or walk by the enemy. I have no opinion of them. I hate ruins with Draugr in them though.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
I love dwarves ruins. They seem shrouded in such mystery. They're also a feat of dwarven engineering with their traps, locks and sheer size, all carved into the earth! From a gaming perspective, they can reward your adventuring like no other ruins can with their abundance of hidden treasures and powers. They should probably be avoided at low levels but once your character is ready go for it:)

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Actually they are quite fun. The only horrid part are the Falmer and Chaurus. ESPECIALLY WITH THE DAWNGUARD EXPANSION!

I find Draugr tombs a pain in the ass

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts