• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
Massively biased toward a love for the Dwemer, so I'll have to say that I love those ruins.

They evoke the mystique of a creator society of wisdom and strength. They are a race I find immensely intriguing and thus their ruins hold a particularly prominent place in my little heart.

Wonderful culture.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
i love the dwemer ruin but at the same time i hate them, I enjoy the loot lol gems, dwemer metal, and soul gems but at times it does get lonely and can be quite confusing. I haven't actualy haven't gotten lost but i have got side tracked and ventured way off course lol. the only real problem I have and it's not a problem some who would think but if these cities/ mazes were abandoned why the hell are are they lit up like a freakin christmas tree, i mean seriously I can understand why there are machines defending the place but the gas lights they have running, just kinda seemed to slowly ruin my role playing experience, it feel like the dwemer just left as I was entering lol.

buggegirl99

I have a mixed thought, I like them for the treasures I loot, but some of the enemies are awfully hard to fight. I have the dawnguard DLC so I take Serana with me to lighten the load and challenge

Panthera

Don Gato
I don't like Markath which is populated Dwemer ruin not to mention Dwemer ruins alone.

Benthos

Proud Mer
The lore and the visuals are astounding but sometimes I just can't seem to build the patience in going through them. The Forgemaster and Lost to the Ages quest is one of my favorites, I looted her corpse to hear her say to at least leave her body with SOME dignity, making me thrilled to see they actually looked into that whereas the rest of the game wouldn't otherwise notice me stripping them down in public or something. I actually joked about them freaking out before actually doing it expecting her to NOT react, lo and behold, she did and I loled.

Ludo27

They are very boring, and you can't tell the difference between one and another, but they are still worth it for the treasure.

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...
I don't even get how snow elves turned into falmer, something about slavery i just can't be bothered to read lot's of information about it.

Serperior

I don't even get how snow elves turned into falmer, something about slavery i just can't be bothered to read lot's of information about it.
When the nords kicked them out of skyrim the Dwarves took them in under 1 condition, they must be blind. Then the dwarves betrayed them and made the Falmer their slaves.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
When the nords kicked them out of skyrim the Dwarves took them in under 1 condition, they must be blind. Then the dwarves betrayed them and made the Falmer their slaves.
Actually they took them in and put a drug in their food which makes them blind and downgraded

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...
W

WHy did they make them blind? It said in the loading screen that it was over time it happened.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
W

WHy did they make them blind? It said in the loading screen that it was over time it happened.
i believe they made them blind so they could not possibly return to the surface and tell the above ground races of their technology and all the seige weapons, just a theory that is based on very little fact. the dawnguard questline talks about it a little bit but too much

Twiffle

I dont go into the Dwarven ruins very often, however, if im playing a melee type character who uses smithing as soon as my smithing is at 30 i make for them straight away, usually with a follower as a mule and it doesnt take long to get smithing up to a good level, (i dont grind for hours) lots of cash for training in other areas with great loot and some very good enchanted gear to either use or dis-enchant for later, all in all though i actually love them, but it does depend on character type,

my 2 cents for what its worth.

Alysa Roesch

Master Theif
Hate, Hate, HATE. They just give me the creeps...I avoid them at all possible. When they made you go through one for the main quest it took a few weeks to talk myself into it. Plus, I lost my husband Vorstag in one...sad sad day

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I once made a character devouted to finding every dwemer ruin, I love them. Ever since I got to blackreach haha mostly because I wanted to find more places like that.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I like them. Whether you love them or hate them, the Dwemer ruins evoke a unique atmosphere. Certainly, the game would be far more boring if all you did was crawl through draugr ruins every time.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Unknown to the Nords, many Falmer sought sanctuary with the Dwemer of Skyrim. The Dwemer agreed to protect the Falmer, but did not trust them. The Dwemer forced their Falmer guests to consume a type of toxic fungus found growing deep underground which rendered them blind. The Falmer first became servants of the Dwemer, then their slaves. The Dwemer made the fungus an essential part of the Falmer diet, ensuring that all future generations would be as powerless as their current slaves. The Falmer were embittered by this betrayal and rebelled against their dwarven masters. They constructed the Great Statue of Irkngthand, which contained the "Eyes of the Falmer", two massive gems embedded in the eye sockets. The Falmer fled deep into Blackreach, a gigantic cavern inhabited by the Dwemer. Thus began the War of the Crag, a bloody conflict between the Falmer and the Dwemer which took place far below the surface of Skyrim. Sai, the god of luck, attempted to help the Falmer, likely around this time, but they were very hard to find and unfriendly towards him. Mara later condemned the ice elves and considered them "gone altogether and forever".[1] In 1E 700, when the Dwemer disappeared, the Falmer were left to spread freely throughout Blackreach. However, centuries of subterranean slavery, combined with their permanent blindness, left the Falmer crippled, and years of fighting the Dwemer left the race bloodthirsty and brutal.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Falmer

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Dwemer ruins are quite the unique structures. I thoroughly enjoy exploring Dwemer ruins, even after adventuring through every one of them many times. The architecture is astounding, and the feats they accomplished in the realm of machinery, automation and steam is unbelievable.

Places like Blackreach and the Aetherial Forge just stun me, and make me wonder how the dwarves managed to carve out such huge areas of the underground and build cities in their stead, or how they managed to create their own mineral and engineer a way to craft items out of it.

The entire surface world is blundering around with primitive technology, while the genius dwarves were constructing massive and monumental underground structures and piping steam power through them all. Not to mention the automatons, as well. Unmanned machines, powered by steam? Sorry, Nords, what did you say?

In summary - Dayyyyum.

The Dwemer were too smart for their own good. I love the look of the ruins, but the damn Falmer and Chaurus are annoying, especially if they are more advanced stages of Chaurus.

Raven

The Falmer are a bit annoying and the chaurus are downright scary but it's a great way to pick up metal for Dwarven ingots, brilliant for levelling the smithing skill. I've made enough Dwarven bows to supply the Legion 3 times over

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts