• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Are you a vegetarian, vegan, or meat eater?

• Meat

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • Vegetarian

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Vegan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Yes, I realize that. It's just if we need to spend an hour grilling and seasoning our meat, that should tell us something.

It tells us our body changed through the years.. The human race is a tropical species. We won't survive without clothing unless it is 23 degrees Celsius (I don't know Fahrenheit, I'm sorry). And we have to live with that. We are weak and slow. But nature compensated that with intelligence...

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Pseudo-vegetarian? The guy admits to being a lifelong vegan and you call it pseudo-vegetarianism? What kind of argument is that? What do you know about their diets that you can make that claim?
Obviously you misread my words. I apologize that I didn't convey my meaning well enough for you. Pseudo-Vegetarian refered to the other fighters who started converting to that man's eating style. Such change is usually slow so they would be pseudo until they completely convert.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Interesting. Hard to get the Organic nuts to go for that. But I can see how once perfected it would be good. Though then you have to wonder what will happen to all the farms, and the animals. When humans find no use for something... well we eliminate it to put something we find useful there.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
FullmetalHeart20 I do have a good pro vegetarian video, if you're interested. I used this one for my project. You have watch the whole video, otherwise it won't work. The beginning is a bit... boring... but I promise you it's a good video...

sticky runes

View attachment 4773
This is Jake Shields. He never ate meat in his life, and went on a 15 fight winning streak in the MMA. It took George Saint Pierre to stop this guy. I rest my case.

the point is - you can stick to a strict diet and still end up looking like a scraggy old hag, or you can eat meat and drink wine and still end up looking like a voluptuous goddess, it doesn't matter. If you like the taste of something, eat it.

Panthera

Don Gato
the point is - you can stick to a strict diet and still end up looking like a scraggy old hag, or you can eat meat and drink wine and still end up looking like a voluptuous goddess, it doesn't matter. If you like the taste of something, eat it.
mmm... pussy :D

sticky runes

lol I think even I Mister 18oz steak would stop eating meat if there was that much waste from butchers.

the rest of the animal doesn't go to waste though. Haven't you seen pet shops selling pig's ears and trotters? It all gets used somehow.

FullmetalHeart20

It's not just a matter of morals. Plant protein doesn't come with cholesterol or hormones. And if tissues engineering was ever used to make meat, it could cut out these health drawbacks.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Actually, it's relatively safe to eat raw meat if it's fresh. The reason you have to cook most meat is because it's been sitting out for days or weeks and it comes from unhealthy, genetically engineered animals. There is a huge difference between a wild turkey and the turkeys we have engineered to be our food.

As an admitted predator, I eat meat all the time. Herd animals were put on this earth to be a source of food for predators. It's only natural that we eat these types of animals, and since humans were smart enough to come up with a food industry, we just have it easier than other predators. I will agree that some of the practices are cruel, but if it weren't for our food industry, everyone would starve because of overpopulation.

I suppose I would have a lot more trouble eating the meat of other predators (like dogs and cats). Since they are more intelligent, sympathetic and affectionate towards us, it would hit much closer to home if we had to start eating them. But if we had to, we would. After all, a tiger or pack of wild dogs would eat you up if there was nothing else around that was easier to kill, wouldn't they?

You could take it one step further and say that plants have feelings too. There have been a few studies that tried to prove this, and we know for a fact that they are alive. What would vegans do if they found out plants had feelings? :eek:

Pigs eat bacon. Nuff said.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Full-on omnivore. I absolutely love fruits and vegetables but I will rip apart a steak in a second mmmmmm. Top of the food chain, I'mma enjoy it. I regret nothing.

I do think that animals should be treated with somewhat respect when they are being harvested, though. As Native Americans had done it, used all parts of the animals and make it a swift death. I like that.

FullmetalHeart20

Actually, it's relatively safe to eat raw meat if it's fresh. The reason you have to cook most meat is because it's been sitting out for days or weeks and it comes from unhealthy, genetically engineered animals. There is a huge difference between a wild turkey and the turkeys we have engineered to be our food.

As an admitted predator, I eat meat all the time. Herd animals were put on this earth to be a source of food for predators. It's only natural that we eat these types of animals, and since humans were smart enough to come up with a food industry, we just have it easier than other predators. I will agree that some of the practices are cruel, but if it weren't for our food industry, everyone would starve because of overpopulation.

I suppose I would have a lot more trouble eating the meat of other predators (like dogs and cats). Since they are more intelligent, sympathetic and affectionate towards us, it would hit much closer to home if we had to start eating them. But if we had to, we would. After all, a tiger or pack of wild dogs would eat you up if there was nothing else around that was easier to kill, wouldn't they?

You could take it one step further and say that plants have feelings too. There have been a few studies that tried to prove this, and we know for a fact that they are alive. What would vegans do if they found out plants had feelings? :eek:

Pigs eat bacon. Nuff said.
I'd like to point out that those plant studies are bullplops. Plants don't have a nervous system or brain, so it is impossible for them to think or feel. Their movements might as well function the same as a machine. They react to the world, but they don't feel it.
As for meat, if the raw stuff is so healthy than why do we cook it at all? Is fresh red meat really such a rarity? And who here can claim that hunting down, killing and eating an animal sounds pleasant? Or even easy?

Karen

boop.
Just like to point out that meat isn't the only kind of produce made from animals. Unless one boycotts glue, leather, gelatin, etc. (or specifically searches out companies that do not use animal parts), they are still using things that animals were killed or forced to live in less than ideal conditions to produce. To lead a truly vegan lifestyle for ethical reasons, you have to be careful about a lot of the household and everyday products you use, not just what you eat.

If you just want people to admit that meat is murder, then yes, it's very unnecessary to eat meat. My uncle is a vegan for health reasons (his whole family is, actually, they just can't eat animal products at all) and they are all incredibly healthy and strong, and live long lives.

I personally can't live without meat though (figuratively speaking). I love my veggies, but I love steak, too.