• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

did you pirate skyrim?

• Total voters

Tyer032392

It'll be getting harder as years go on, with the internet becoming a weapon. Governments are going to become more strict on cyber theft, hacking, bullying etc. Hell committing Cyber warfare can actually get you shot by NATO standards these days, apparently marks you as a valid target for conventional weapons. They're really stepping down on things since they realized what power the internet holds.

yep, but whether or not we can blame it all on piracy, I do not know. I just know that piracy has caused a lot of problems for the video game development industry and they are implementing things that does more harm to their clientele versus the actual pirates themselves.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
yep, but whether or not we can blame it all on piracy, I do not know. I just know that piracy has caused a lot of problems for the video game development industry and they are implementing things that does more harm to their clientele versus the actual pirates themselves.

Oh it'll come down hard with piracy, video gaming has become a billion dollar industry. Skyrim alone brought in over three hundred million, they take you to the cleaners if you get caught. They know you can't pay up in legal fees and what they're demanding as a settlement, being sued for millions. They know you can't pay but it'll ruin your life, especially in lower income when you're paying off them every paycheck.

Panthera

Don Gato
This thread should be closed.

Tyer032392

I never mentioned your being in USA. This is becoming a world wide thing, once you mess with billion dollar industries they're not friendly.

It also does not matter where the person lives. If you screw with the wrong person/company, they can have you extradited from your country to theirs where you'll have to face court against them. And screwing over multi-million dollar business is neither smart, not wise.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Yeah sure, Bugthesda has nothing to do rather than chase me at the end of the planet. Oh My God, u are all fyckin pathetic, u think cuz u have a fyckin money that u are something & the biggest FAIL is that u are living in a illusion. Funny.

Seriously u Americans can't even go to a school or a cinema anymore but u have to live in fear that ur loved ones or u will get hurt fatally if u relax for a second by some psychopats.

I'm not American.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Well u are not i figured that out before, but u are still acting like some richy bitchy snob.

Pathetic & Weak.

I've said something to offend you? I never realised, apologies if I have.

Spamming disagree ratings, I see. Shouldn't make claims of pathetic and weak when you can't handle a conversation. I've been nothing but polite towards you since you joined the forums.

Tyer032392

Spamming disagree ratings, I see. Shouldn't make claims of pathetic and weak when you can't handle a conversation. I've been nothing but polite towards you since you joined the forums.

Personally, I do not know what that person's problem is. But it is best to just ignore her; personally, I think this is just someone trolling. Deny her of what she is trying to get out of you and sh will eventually withdraw to another forum to pester.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
As i recall, u've said that u would rather get a nasty virus rather than pirate/''go to jail'' & cuz ur gaming shop is just around a corner. Well, guess what, in Serbia, on the crappy Balkan there isn't even a freakin PayPal to begin with and i doubt that it will ever be, everything is to damn expensive, one game costs 80 euros, u can't find a job even if u finished college, there's to much corruption in the politics it's disgusting.

I didn't say I would rather get a virus, I said 'By my luck I would get a virus' from downloading. You can get those from downloading things, I've had many bad luck with downloading things. One time I had 9000 infected files.

Tyer032392

Just start reporting this asshole. Maybe with enough reports, this troll can get banned.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The point is that u don't know to download anything and that's your problem not mine & im an expert at those things. & u must have a lousy net cuz ''it takes u ages to download a single game'' :O

I never said it was your problem, I'm not being hostile towards you. I don't know if you think others are judging you because of what you do or your financial status? I'm not, so direct your frustration elsewhere. I know finding a job can be hard, but that is no one's business. I don't think anyone here has said "We're rich and we all have jobs with top notch cars and mini mansions."

Most of the people on these forums, work a job they hate, pay bills every week, taxes, some have child support, child care, food, petrol, electricity, water, rent, mortgage, cars to pay off, debt. That is the real world, but no one here has said they're super rich living the dream.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
I never said it was your problem, I'm not being hostile towards you. I don't know if you think others are judging you because of what you do or your financial status? I'm not, so direct your frustration elsewhere. I know finding a job can be hard, but that is no one's business. I don't think anyone here has said "We're rich and we all have jobs with top notch cars and mini mansions."

Most of the people on these forums, work a job they hate, pay bills every week, taxes, some have child support, child care, food, petrol, electricity, water, rent, mortgage, cars to pay off, debt. That is the real world, but no one here has said they're super rich living the dream.
Exactly. At 42 years of age, I have enough going on that I don't need/want to spend my time wasting it here arguing with some forum Troll-Smart-Ass. I too have not got enough to be anything near "Rich" or well-off. Been at the same job for 16 years. I am American. Nobody said anything to you Shannon...you just, out of pure hate and ignorance, started crap with all kinds of people today, myself included. I have reported you, and will continue to do so until you are removed from these forums.

Tyer032392

I agree with you there Drunken Mage. I myself have a part time job that I dislike, but have to work to pay my way through college to get my B.A in History. Heck, most of the time I do not even have enough time for video games as I am constantly studying for tests.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I own it for PS3 and bought a used copy on Amazon because of how broke I am but I wanted to pass the time as I looked for a job and thankfully I managed to get money here and there for food and from my birthday money I used it toward the DLC for Skyrim. I haven't had a job since November 2011 (military), still looking, still broke and not getting any assistance from the government as some folks would assume I would get for being a Vet and all. I live with a friend who is keeping a roof over my head and helping with groceries for now but my savings are just about depleted, when I hear about folks with full time jobs complaining about not having money, I don't judge or anything, I know how hard it is with bills, rent, family responsibility, etc. I actually applaud those folks who put family and responsibilities first because I know a couple of folks personally who would put their own selfish desires before their family. I don't mean this post to be negative, I don't have Skyrim on PC and I wish I did because there's a few MODs I would love to try out (as well as record assigned fights referenced in the video below) and there's a Two Best Friends Play MOD being put in which I'll also link up. I will not encourage illegal downloads, I will however say understand the risk because some folks get hit and when they do; it's always HARD.

Skyrim Battle: Alduin vs 100 Archers

Two Best Friends Play MOD

Tyer032392

Ah well, playing the worlds saddest song on the worlds smallest violin for that one.

So sad to watch your hard earned green bar get diminished by that cretin. hopefully after S/he gets banned, they will undue the damage that troll has done to our reputation.