• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

did you pirate skyrim?

• Total voters

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
well i'm in iran , and since iran government cuts off relationship with USA , USA gives no video games to iran , also steam doesn't support iran and there is no connection between iran and USA banks so i can't pay for games and download it online . so actually no original games available in here ...

ssoooooo all my games pirate .

but i would pay and buy the games i likeif i could :sadface: believe me :).
This post is the only one I respect as far as "Pirating" goes. The U.S.A. has done some pretty bad things to the Iranian economy in regards to taxes and not having trade with Iran (embargos, etc.). I'm an American, and I HATE thieves and pirates...but I understand it in this very limited instance. Mamali has my respect for his honesty and I have several Iranian friends who would love to spend there money on Western Products if we gave them the time of day to do it.

Adam Belmont

If Skyrim for PC were sold in Brazil I would buy it, trust me. Since they don't sell it, I download it. I have some original games like: Star Wars KOTOR I and I, Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 but all bought for the normal price in my country. I just find an absurd to import something and pay the double of the price for it because the stores here don't want to sell it. When I find Skyrim for PC I'll buy it for sure.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
There are some threads I wish weren't necro'd and this is one of them. I realize that I said some pretty stupid things about a year ago. If you want my current opinion on pirating, here it is. I do not give a single damn about the morality behind it. I do not consider anybody evil for choosing to illegally download a video game. There are rare instances where I may be less critical of others that choose to do so depending on their circumstances. In an area where they have the opportunity to buy it in their own country, I personally don't approve of pirating. By definition, it is technically stealing.

Reaper0021

There are some threads I wish weren't necro'd and this is one of them. I realize that I said some pretty stupid things about a year ago. If you want my current opinion on pirating, here it is. I do not give a single damn about the morality behind it. I do not consider anybody evil for choosing to illegally download a video game. There are rare instances where I may be less critical of others that choose to do so depending on their circumstances. In an area where they have the opportunity to buy it in their own country, I personally don't approve of pirating. By definition, it is technically stealing.
I read your posts in this thread...I actually read all of them. There are a couple of "Women" in this thread talking of things like games, purses, etc. and seemingly trying to find the morality behind stealing....they seem to try and rationalize it. I never thought ill of you, that's to say I never thought you misinformed or anything of the such in regards to what you posted. I just work in this industry, and I know first-hand what pirating causes. So, this thread should probably die out or be deleted...the fact this thread was even allowed to exist here to begin with makes my opinion of this site even more questionable. This thread has only served to ignite fires and cause resentment towards others. Stealing is stealing...there is no grey area to be found in it. Some countries have no choice in how they obtain a game. Those I can relate to somewhat. The company I work for...and have worked for for 16 years, would love to open trade with countries like Iran, Brazil, etc. The problems are our own government and the stereotyping of nationalities of people. Not all people from 3rd world countries are terrorists, etc.

MrDSL

Well I actually got the game as a free download when I bought someone an XBOX for Christmas.

I felt bad so I bought it for my PC knowing that my PC sucked too bad to actually play it..LOL

mamali

This post is the only one I respect as far as "Pirating" goes. The U.S.A. has done some pretty bad things to the Iranian economy in regards to taxes and not having trade with Iran (embargos, etc.). I'm an American, and I HATE thieves and pirates...but I understand it in this very limited instance. Mamali has my respect for his honesty and I have several Iranian friends who would love to spend there money on Western Products if we gave them the time of day to do it.

its been a big question for me , if USA has problems with iran government , fine ! don't buy oil from them or don't give weopons to them , but why do you stop giving video games to them ? why all iranian players get banned from world of warcraft ? why iranian players are unable to pay for xbox live ? iranians gonna make bombs from video games ?

and for me pirate gaming is the only option , i really like to pay for bioware because of their amazing Mass effect series . but i have no choice :sadface:

so far , iranian players are out of multiplayer and online gaming , only a few of us can play COd online with some crappy internet and loads of online cracks and hacks and stuff ...

me personally , i never played online multiplayer :sadface: and it looks so cool

Reaper0021

its been a big question for me , if USA has problems with iran government , fine ! don't buy oil from them or don't give weopons to them , but why do you stop giving video games to them ? why all iranian players get banned from world of warcraft ? why iranian players are unable to pay for xbox live ? iranians gonna make bombs from video games ?

and for me pirate gaming is the only option , i really like to pay for bioware because of their amazing Mass effect series . but i have no choice :sadface:

so far , iranian players are out of multiplayer and online gaming , only a few of us can play COd online with some crappy internet and loads of online cracks and hacks and stuff ...

me personally , i never played online multiplayer :sadface: and it looks so cool
Like I said. One of my dearest friends is Iranian. This man would give his life to protect me and my family...and I would do the same for him without question. Why can't he play World of Warcraft with us? Because of what? Politics? Religion? Because he calls God by a different name? I just don't get it. Why not make the games available to Brazil? They have some good, good people there...why persecute them as well and not let them play the games? Or Syria? Or Jordan? I know that, as long as our nations and economies are divided like this, then the only way for my friends in these nations to play games is to sometimes pirate them. Do I think less of them? No!! Hell no because they are an exception to the rule in that they have no option as they are cut-off from the rest of us. What pisses me off is people pirating games just because they don't want to pay for it by conventional methods. These people have no business tainting the hobby of video games with there presence.

beastoking

Sunvaar Do Keizaal
Ill admit that i did pirate the game, because i bought it for the ps3, but it was so buggy, messy, the dlc's were behind, fl*ff that. So i did pirate a pc ver but i broke it by overmodding it. o_O
Ill end up buying it on steam just to gain access to steam workshop for it.

Godzillaman 08

I don't pirate game because 1. Steam has tons of sales. 2. I'm too paranoid, I'm afraid someone is going to find out and make me feel bad :sadface:

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
I pirated Skyrim back in the time I pirated everything. But then I decided to buy it a couple of weeks ago just because of Steam Workshop and that I still really liked the game.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
No, I didn't pirate the game - to me, that's stealing. I imagine a lot of hard work went into making Skyrim as great as it is and I think Bethesda deserves to be compensated for it (by me buying the game).

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
I pirated mine, and it is not because money was an issue. I already have a copy I bought new for the PS3.

I spend money wisely, and I reasonably ask myself if 60 bucks is worth going towards a game that has no productive nor memorable contribution to my life. I just got back from Italy, and I think to myself...see 60 bucks in Italy you will be able to see the Coliseum, St. Peter's Basilica, the Spanish Steps, take a train from Rome to Florence, have coffee sitting by a fountain under the Leaning Tower of Pisa, have dinner, and pay for a taxi back home. All of that within one day in Italy for under 60 dollars...not too shabby. OR that 60 dollars could go towards paying for a room at a nice inn for one night in Venice...or ...you can buy dinner for a homeless person instead of giving it to a corporation.

Either way, there will ALWAYS be a good population who LOVES LOVES a game enough to pay 60 dollars for it, that's fine. Heck I stood in line waiting for Uncharted 3 to be released because i LOVE LOVE that game, but only so because I have traveled to many of those places already and I enjoy the memories it brings me. Whatever people's reasoning is for pirating, it comes down to whether or not a game is (to them) valued at 60 dollars. If the marginal benefits outweigh the marginal costs...then yes go for it!!

Thats insane, I have clocked over 1100 hours in Skyrim it cost me £40 so tell me how many hours do u get out of uncharted, I have never played any those games but I guarantee that it doesn't have as much gameplay as Skyrim infact is there any game in the entire world on a console that can keep a human playing as long as Skyrim I know people with over 2000hrs I have seen there saves and added it up with them :O if uncharted is worth 60 bucks to u then I would glady pay 300 bucks for Skyrim at least, and ure theory on using money more wisely is interesting, does that mean u would buy the cheapest food/toiletries aswell so u can save ure dollers to go do more interesting stuff, I take it u dont drink at all either as a good night out would surely cost 120 bucks? but saying that maybe u dont have much money and u do actually save on evrything if u do much respect for the discipline on saving etc, I cant save for plops lol, the way I see it p.c players aswell as console users complain of glitches, but what off that money p.c users have robbed from bethesda they could of hired a couple more people got us patches quicker got us dlc a bit faster with the cash that people should have given them, I dont know what they do with money but its possible, so those who pirated cant complain if dlc or glitches dont get fixed quick really, because when u combine the amount of cash taken out of bethesda then it could be a substantial part of there budget. please note if I was on p.c I would be tempted but I love the maps you get with vanilla game so that would probs stop me lol.

Reaper0021

Stealing is when u go to a video game shop and put a gun at the salesman/saleswoman and demand that he/she fills ur bags with video game products. Yeah, that's pretty much it.
Poor kid did I hurt your feelings? This kid folks has gone to all my posts just to mark them as "Ranter" just cause he is malicious and an online coward. Do NOT reply to his posts. Instead, do as I have done and report him to the site Mods. Then, mark him "Ignore" to spare yourselves any of his rantings. You Shannon need to go to another forum where immature posts from Trolls are tolerated. I feel sorry for people like you that were deprived of attention as a kid and as a direct result, feel the need to try and bully online and act out just to get any attention online.

***Note***
I say "His" cause if your a woman, you must be one lonely, attention seeking girl, and with that attitude, I see why your spending so much time online rather than with a significant other.

Twiffle

and just to think that it is possible to trace the people on here who admit to stealing the game, , make my day to find out if you all got done and fined huge anounts, serve you right for being stupid enough to steal and admit it in public.

Twiffle

er shannon, why did you say that to me?