• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I was enjoying my game with my thief character up until about half an hour ago, my character became a vampire last night... At first I thought, this is awesome, but now, every one is trying to kill me. I can't feed because if I get near any one they instantly wake up and attack me, I cant go near the cities or initiate any quests. I can't go to the companions to become a lycan and cure my vampirism, I can't start the quest to cure vampirism either.
Please, someone, tell me how to cure myself.

Err... Damn I'm at a loss, anyone else? Vampirism never used to be like this on the Elder Scrolls games. People wouldn't even know that you were a vampire until you stepped out in the light. Silly... I hope they fix that soon

Garrison

Lifted from a wiki online... sorry if this constitutes a 'spoiler'

Visit any inn and ask the innkeeper if they have heard any rumors. They will tell you that a wizard in Morthal named Falion studies vampires. Travel to Morthal and meet with him. He will ask you to bring him a Black Soul Gem (you can buy one from him for 280 septims). To fill the black soul gem you must cast Soul Trap or use a weapon enchanted with soul trap on a human and then kill them to get their soul. Once filled, take it to Falion and he will instruct you to meet him at a summoning circle just outside of town at dawn. Once there, he will preform a short ceremony and your vampirism will be cured.
Note: You can become a vampire again even after the ritual rids you of the disease.
You can also cure your Vampirism by becoming a werewolf within the Companions faction. However, it is rumored that you cannot return to Vampirism afterwards.

Titanburner

Premium Member
(Taken from an earlier post in the help section)
There is a place called Bloated Man's Grotto west of Brittleshin Pass. In the grotto is a Shrine of Talos. Activate it and it will cure your vampirism.​

Yeah, I was expecting the sunlight to hurt me, and I could live with that... only sunlight doesn't hurt at all, instead my vision just goes sparkly and everyone tries to kill me...
....my god, I'm playing a game with a subliminal hate message towards all twilight fans >.>

Henry McDonald

{Prodigy}................
if you are already a werewolf can u be cursed as a vampire?

Thanks for the replies guys, the only issue is that I can't get to the tavern to initiate the quests, like I said in my first post, I'll be killed by everyone, nor can I get near the Companions. As for Bloated Man's Grotto, where is it? :p

Titanburner

Premium Member
You can get there fast traveling to either Riverwood, Bleak Falls Barrow or Whiterun, of which at least either of those marker you should have by now. The cave is on north side below of high mountains, so when you walk to it be sure to choose northern side of mountain to walk along, will save you time. If you use south side you'll have to go around the whole mountain which will take far longer.​
Bloated Man's Grotto is small sized cave located west from Riverwood, Whiterun and Bleak Falls Barrow northern side below large mountain.​

brandon

man in oblivion as long as you didnt sleep after you feed sunlight didnt bother you and nobody knew anything was wrong and you kept all the perks. you couldnt level up but i beat all the quest at level 5 so i didnt mind it at all

Titanburner

Premium Member
man in oblivion as long as you didnt sleep after you feed sunlight didnt bother you and nobody knew anything was wrong and you kept all the perks. you couldnt level up but i beat all the quest at level 5 so i didnt mind it at all
There are 4 stages of vampirism. Only stage 4 do you become a grotesque killing machine attackable on sight. If you feed like you should youll stay below stage 4.

You can get there fast traveling to either Riverwood, Bleak Falls Barrow or Whiterun, of which at least either of those marker you should have by now. The cave is on north side below of high mountains, so when you walk to it be sure to choose northern side of mountain to walk along, will save you time. If you use south side you'll have to go around the whole mountain which will take far longer.​
Bloated Man's Grotto is small sized cave located west from Riverwood, Whiterun and Bleak Falls Barrow northern side below large mountain.​
I love you!

Garrison

I don't know how attached you are to your character, but maybe you can join the Companions, become a werewolf, and then optionally do the quest to cure yourself of Lycanthropy!

Titanburner

Premium Member
Found the Shrine, still a vampire... new character time me thinks... again
Apparently if you leave it uncured to long it is permanent. Only thing I can suggest is FEED like crazy until you get under stage 4, then do the mentioned routine above by Garrison.

brandon

grrrr i guess they fixed it from oblivion then. well i guess my next character wont be a vampire then oh well.

Well vampirism ate my character so, I deleted all my previous saves, restarted the game as Arwold, an awesome Nord battlemage. Cheers for all your info guys, still loving this game despite losing three characters to it so far :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts