Character build for master difficulty?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShadowMage

Article Writer
I'm sorry, I just thought it could still be useful to people, not just him. I, for example, found the thread by googling the subject. Necromancy is supposed to be something unuseful/unnecessary: I don't think that sharing good build is unuseful. If you don't want to read it/use it, it's your problem. Your necromancy-accusation post surely doesn't add anything useful to thread; mine might.
It was a joke.

Cerberus Prime

Hello there mate, my suggestion is as warrior tank style goes-go with Orc on master or Breton, it doesnt matter, M/H/S distribution for me is like 0/8/2- why is that? because I dont need stamina for atacks or shield bashes and only for carry weight and sprints because I cook myself a zillion of Vegetable Soup which regenerates your health and stamina 1 point each second for 12 minutes and you only need 1 stamina to bash, so you can bash a dragon to death by just spamming it on master or power attack forever... that makes the Redguard race obsolete for me...I started with master difficulty and started bashing things so I lvled my block till 50 and got the 50% resistance to magic with it-its absolutely important to get there as fast as you can-via training or however you like since you dont have an awesome offense, you have like a defensive offense which meant for me that I first put points into block and heavy armor-btw, armor doesnt matter but on master at lower lvls heavy armor is far superior to light for defense, at higher they even out and its more about looks...also you need to get restoration perks early-the 3 most needed are prob novice resto, app resto and the one that heals you for 50% more...after you are solid in heavy armor, blok, 1 handed and resto you start with blacksmithing...why now?Its just the way I play...armor drops arent rare as you noticed and you will get your gear fast anyway from looting and the few points of armor you can enhance it with isnt really that much needed in early lvls... by now, you should be around lvl 25-30... here comes enchanting... start lvling it and see how you raise from a shield and sword guy thats afraid of any 2h opponent into a GOD...only good enchants I use are the absorb health and resist magic, maybe get shock damage on weapon....why shock?because skyrim is full of nords which are 50 % resistant to frost damage and its also best for caster killings...also at dragons if you have the weapon enchanted with frost or fire its a 50/50% chance that you will encounter the one not resistant to your weapon...if you want any advice send me a message here...

now, for mages I was going with conjuration-focus only on atronachs so they tank for me-which is mandatory on master for a mage to survive....you need something to tank for you...also I go with the bound bow and all the archery perks because they work together... M/H/S goes like 8/1/1 for me...I put points in restoration till adept restoration- no need to get higher to heal yourself and I get dual restoration just because if I need to heal I must unequip my bound bow which gets me both hands free anyway...I think in restoration you can figure out the perks needed for this kind of play...avoid death saved me also a zillion times...thats kinda it, from here on you can go with whatever you like I am to lazy to write more lol...:)

for an assassin- well its all about stealth, once this is at 100 its just preference- I dont take illusion for muffle or invisibility...you get muffle with Dark brotherhood gear and invisibility?well your an assassin with stealth, do you think you need it?I dont need it but thats just me...but Illusion is GREAT if there is a room with 4 or more guys in it and you play with them before you stab the last one in the back...archery is also viable only till power shot since most of the time you will have your shots calculated and enough time to aim so no need for paralize or anything...in One handed only the first 5 perks that increase damage of your weapon are needed, no dual flurry no anything...I also got pickpocket here because of +100 carry weight and I usually steal the weapons and armor of anything I can before going for the kill...also take the first few perks in alchemy just to stay alive and be deadlier if anything goes wrong which it shouldnt...

thats it on all three play styles that I play and like...We like different things but thats how I do it on master and I only play master... from those 3 I would say sword and board is by far the hardest on master and shouldnt be taken lightly until you get all the perks needed to be effective...

Post me if you have a question or anything and good luck

Joorhun

I survived my first bandit camp on master because of this thread. And I went from lvl 3 to lvl 7 because I was using restoration like crazy

Nighthiker77

Awesome! I'm in my first Legendary run and it is a harsh adjustment. I've been casting healing in both hands to heal faster, without the dual casting perk so I get more bang for my 100 magica. Buying training in light armor helped a lot too. I couldn't gain any armor experience because almost everything could kill me in 1 hit. It will get continually easier the further you go.

To me playing an assassin class on master is no fun esp if you love the challenge. 100 sneak plus enchanting and smithing to me is no fun what so ever. I tend to play a full on warrior or mage for example my Nord character/light armor,smithing,two handed,alchemy,restoration. Very challenging as i do not have ranged combat or enchanting which people say are a must to me enchanting is just unbalanced as is assassins blade..

To me playing an assassin class on master is no fun esp if you love the challenge. 100 sneak plus enchanting and smithing to me is no fun what so ever. I tend to play a full on warrior or mage for example my Nord character/light armor,smithing,two handed,alchemy,restoration. Very challenging as i do not have ranged combat or enchanting which people say are a must to me enchanting is just unbalanced as is assassins blade..