Caravanners of Elsweyr - Khajiit Caravan Guild

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AS88

Staff member

AS88

Staff member
One last question about joining, can I only be one class? I was thinking bodyguard and supplier.

You can play however you like, but we've agreed that characters are only able to choose one class-ladder to climb. You won't be the only one doing a few different things, though, that's for sure.

Roq'ja

High Value Target of the Dark Brotherhood
One last question about joining, can I only be one class? I was thinking bodyguard and supplier.

You can pursue the actions of both classes, but you can only rank up and receive perks of one. That one being the class that you choose.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Erm, one critique for your website. The final questions are impossible to read unless I highlight them. I would highly suggest you change the text colour. Unless you have some reason for the colour you chose.

Roq'ja

High Value Target of the Dark Brotherhood
Erm, one critique for your website. The final questions are impossible to read unless I highlight them. I would highly suggest you change the text colour. Unless you have some reason for the colour you chose.

Haha, no worries, thats actually one of the two things we're trying to fix right now. Unfortunately, none of us are HTML masters, luckily Guild Launch has made things fairly easy, but that one problem is still in need of being tweaked. (You'll see it mentioned in the shoutbox on our site)

We've actually got the Global Moderator of this site helping us out with the kinks, so it will be fixed soon.

Glad to have you aboard our Caravan!

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I'm glad to be here.

AS88

Staff member

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
That was my thought as well :sadface:. I was kinda hoping to see a change in the way people described their Khajiiti. Perhaps if people started wanting to see all Khajiit breeds, Bethesda would implement them in their next Elder Scrolls games. Sadly, besides you and a few others, everyone just ignored it. But this is just me complaining (sorry).

AS88

Staff member
That was my thought as well :sadface:. I was kinda hoping to see a change in the way people described their Khajiiti. Perhaps if people started wanting to see all Khajiit breeds, Bethesda would implement them in their next Elder Scrolls games. Sadly, besides you and a few others, everyone just ignored. But this is just me complaining (sorry).

Yeah, I think a lot of people (me included) think Khajiit and see the Suthay-raht that are seen in Skyrim. I don't think there'll be a lot of attention on the other sub-types until Bethesda decide to put them in a game, which as you said probably won't happen until there's significant demand. I'm very curious to see how it'll be handled in TESO, especially considering that we'll be able to visit and explore the whole of Elsweyr at some point after initial launch.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I'm hoping they put at least two others sub-species in the game to start off with, but I highly doubt it'll happen. Even if they wanted to put them in the game Bethesda most likely wouldn't allow it. They would probably want to cover the Khajiit species themselves to make sure they're handled properly.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
The title "khajiit" is derived from the Ta'agra words "khaj" and "-iit", a literal translation of which would be "one who deserts" (where "desert" in this case is the noun, /ˈdɛzə(ɹ)t/, referring to a dry place, and not the verb, referring to abandonment). The Khajiit themselves, however, point out that the only action of value that may be taken in a desert is to walk; as such, a proper translation would be "one who walks in the desert". For this reason, "khajiit" is translated in short-hand as "desert-walker", and thus are many Khajiit known.
- UESP

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Is this guild going to support the Aldmeri Dominion? I based Majir-Dar on a Khajiit tired of the Thalmor raping Elsweyr's resources and distracting the Khajiiti people from the truth. He's tired of the Clan Mothers, believing they are also distracting the Khajiiti from the true Khajiiti religion. He also believes that Skooma is a monstrosity of nature, and that at the most, Khajiit should only consume Moon Sugar.

That said, if the guild is going to support the Aldmeri Dominion, I would semi happily change Majir-Dar's views of the Thalmor.

AS88

Staff member
Is this guild going to support the Aldmeri Dominion? I based Majir-Dar on a Khajiit tired of the Thalmor raping Elsweyr's resources and distracting the Khajiiti people from the truth. He's tired of the Clan Mothers, believing they are also distracting the Khajiiti from the true Khajiiti religion. He also believes that Skooma is a monstrosity of nature, and that at the most, Khajiit should only consume Moon Sugar.

That said, if the guild is going to support the Aldmeri Dominion, I would semi happily change Majir-Dar's views of the Thalmor.

Yeah we'll be supporting the Dominion, we already have a provisional agreement set up with an Aldmeri guild re: supplying weapons and armour.

You could always have a think and create another character. I know you've been using the character you submitted for Skyrim activities, so you might not be able to reconcile the differences in his story with regards to TESO. Just a thought, I'd welcome an attempt at another character from you, though.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Time to break out my CC format and make another Dagi (my favorite breed of Khajiit and the main reason I want to see Khajiit breeds in future Elder Scrolls games). I'll likely keep the name Majir-Dar since that's the name I applied with and am most well known as. I'll just put a side note beside the name or something to remind me which one he is.

AS88

Staff member
Time to break out my CC format and make another Dagi (my favorite breed of Khajiit and the main reason I want to see Khajiit breeds in future Elder Scrolls games). I'll likely keep the name Majir-Dar since that's the name I applied with and am most well known as. I'll just put a side note beside the name or something to remind me which one he is.

Great stuff. Feel free to add snippets about any problems your character's come across with the Flu, or how they found themselves (and us, if you like) in Valenwood. You know, things that tie the character to the game and the guild, to add a little more depth and guild identity to the character. :)

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Erm, I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about the Lore of the Khajiit, but what is the Flu that you mention?

AS88

Staff member
Erm, I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about the Lore of the Khajiit, but what is the Flu that you mention?

Skyrim merchant voice: "Take a look" :p

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Knahaten_Flu

It's a key component of most of our backstories, and one of the reasons for our banding together (the first four of us, at least). It's also the 'reason' why we're not able to access most of Elsweyr on release, and the rest of the province will be 'opened' in post-release content when the Flu has passed somewhat, I assume.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts