• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you think Bethesda should allow the purchase of perk points on the Xbox live and PSN markets?

• Total voters
Okay so I know this might be a crazy or even stupid idea, but do think they should let us purchase extra perk points on the Xbox live or PSN market? I use Xbox and already am level 81, but want to fix some perks. I personally believe it would be a great idea for Bethesda because they would make money off of it. I mean a lot (but not all) of pc players use console commands to add extra perk points and stuff, so why should us console users not be able to do it too?

EDIT
So I think I need to rephrase, haha. I'm talking like endgame, guys. Once you hit 81, you can't legitimately get any more perk points, although I heard you can a few more through particular quests. So what I am saying is that you can get more perk points, if you are willing to pay.

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
Personally, I wouldn't care if they had the option, but I wouldn't use it. Part of the game for me is being a total completionist and getting everything done and level 81 on my own.

.:The_Steel_Arrow:.

Ultimate Archer
I don't think that would be a good idea. Why buy something that you can experience it in the game?

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
I say no, I like the idea of a video game where you actually have to put in the work in order to get perk points.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
yeah, people are going to hate Bethesda if they do something like this. I mean, they got into some trouble with their first DLC, HORSE ARMOR. Skyrim is a singleplayer game so this sort of 'pay to win' market doesn't even work well. Nobody likes 'pay-to-win' games except for people who are actually paying and not care.

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
yeah, people are going to hate Bethesda if they do something like this. I mean, they got into some trouble with their first DLC, HORSE ARMOR. Skyrim is a singleplayer game so this sort of 'pay to win' market doesn't even work well. Nobody likes 'pay-to-win' games except for people who are actually paying and not care.

Very well said. This! ^^

This is very true, but if you think about it, it isn't "pay to win" unless you completely suck. I made it to level 81, full daedric, beat main quest line at level 20, beat the main CoW quest, beat the main DB quests, almost beat all the TG quests (just gotta grab the stones), I have every daedric artifact, over 100,000 gold, over threw the Empire, and can sneak up on anything in the game and kill them with one hit... ANYTHING. All without extra perk points. Like I said in my first post, it was probably a stupid idea. I just would appreciate some extra perk points to distribute to some of my skills, that's it. And I think there's a lot of other people that think that too. And by buying it, you'll have to be careful where you distribute the extra points.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
eh, I just define 'pay-to-win' as paying real money to gain any form of advantage in video games. I think it is silly to have all the perks available to you. I mean, it is already ridiculous that you can raise all your skills to 100. It really takes role-playing out of the game if your character is he-man jesus who is good at everything. In the end, it's the perks that really defines the character. I remember in Oblivion, you can raise all your attributes and skills to max. Sure, it's fun to make a god character once IMO it's more fun when there are limitations and you actually have to make some choices with sacrifices. Of course, I won't stop you if you want to make a god character but a lot of people won't be happy if the company puts something like this. It's optional but it only looks like the company is just trying to grab some extra cash while providing nothing but extra number crunch. You can just cheat to get everything in PC anyway.

Adam Wood

I've hit 100% completion of all main and radiant quests and all skills up to 100 except archery (level 81) on PS3 but I think characters should have limitations and buying perks would allow for a perfect character and I don't like that idea, what I do think is that there should be a very hard to make potion recipe for redistributing your skill points, particularly with the new perk trees for Werewolves and Vampires being released with Dawnguard, as those of us who have played well will now be penalised by having no skill points left to use in the two new perk trees, something I feel BGS has overlooked.

I think it would be better if you can convert dragon souls into perk points instead of paying real money. First conversion only costs 1. The next one costs 2, and the one after cost 3 and so on...
I love this idea. You should submit it to Bethesda :D

Hunfar

Personally I wouldn't buy them, but i'm not against it as long as they weren't too cheap and only some were available as opposed to all of them. You already have the option to breeze through Skyrim with the difficulty setting, I don't see this significantly changing much. People have the right to play and do what they want with the game they bought, if you don't want to pay nobody's forcing you to do it so it shouldn't affect you.

Xarnac

Good god, don't give them any ideas. You shouldn't have to pay real money if you want to cheat.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I think a perk RESET option would be nice, but I completely disagree with the idea of cash for perks. It's not fair to allow people to simply buy more power for their character. Look at all the negative reactions CoD got from it's Mountain Dew points campaign.

Game companies are doing enough as it is to shove the "free" market down our throats. Nowadays, they release an incomplete game, and expect us to shell-out more money for DLCs later, which should have come with the game in the first place. And they charge the same price for these incomplete games as games that were made years ago, and those games didn't need DLCs or updates (at least on consoles).

Also, when you pre-order a game now, you get some kind of reward for it. It's just too bad for you when you actually go pick the game up to find out it's a steaming pile of crap. People used to rent games before buying them, to find out if it was actually worth buying. But game companies do everything they can to get you to "BUY! BUY! BUY!!!"

It's bad enough that gamers are allowing themselves to be screwed like this, but now we have these rich-kid, wannabe twits that want to buy more power or levels for their characters just because they have extra money to spend that other gamers don't have. Can't we just have this one area (video games) where talent and fair competition means more than how much money you have??

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts